Author Topic: 87 4runner BUILT (duals & ELOCKERS) $3800 oregon coast  (Read 2773 times)

BoG-ToY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
87 4runner BUILT (duals & ELOCKERS) $3800 oregon coast
« on: Mar 03, 2015, 10:33:49 PM »
87 4runner,  345k miles SR5 AUTO dash (no volt gauge, has trans lights there) has CLINOMETER.
sr5 5 spd swap, mc07r10 2.28x4:1, ELOCKERS F&R, 5.29s

truck currently has an fj80 front axle, 5.29 elocker, has the early rotors and calipers to fit 15" wheels.  63.5 wms? mounted with stock springs, radius arms, panhard, TG weld in frame plates and ballistic fab coil buckets, I run it missing one bolt for flex, works OK, but deserves a proper link job, DEATH WOBBLE if I go above 14PSI on the street, ive put 6k miles on it on the roads like this (tested it alot on back roads first)  castor is set, might need a better mount for the panhard or to re-mount the fj80 steering box different, or a combination of things
Truck currently has an fj cruiser rear axle  5.29 elocker  disc brakes and cable ebrake is is not hooked up. mounted to mixed stock rear leafs and marlin shackles.
truck currently has MC07R10 adapter with less then 5k miles on it. truck has A/A EARLY 4:1 gears in the rear case.
forward shift crawl box, topshift rear case, has an early FROR possibly even prototype twin sticks (seals/boots kinda suck)
Truck early in life had a crappy windshield removal. has also spent time in coastal environments. there are a few small rust holes around the windshield frame, a little on body mount and a small hole near where the hard top bolts to the bed.
Truck has a downey intake. BIG K&N
has Doug Thorley Try Y headers.
Has a WEAPING HEAD GASKET, sometimes it smokes, sometimes it loses coolant, sometimes it doesn't.
Truck has 345k on the bottom end I believe. Not sure on that, put new rod bearings in, but the old ones werent that bad (I was worried, had the oil pan off got leaks, put new bearings in, they were cheap. I mic'ed the crank, it was tight)
tranny shifts good and sounds good in all gears but fifth. its noisy, cheap person could swap out the rear bearing and it might make it last another 10 years.
Has three good BFG all terrains and one OK, has five 15x8 black steel mods, 3.75 BS I think, with the bushwackers they are almost legal.
can include lots of spare parts,

has a good windshield that just sits in the truck, I drive like that, but rain SUCKs

ASKING $3800

MAKE ME AN OFFER, I would be willing to part out if I found buyers.
I would love to sell everything but the dual cases.

Located on the central oregon coast.  florence oregon/mapleton
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2015, 09:58:22 PM by BoG-ToY »
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

BoG-ToY [OP]

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
bump

will totally part out. I would trade these axles for a good set of STOCK solid axles and cash, or a set of solid axles with high steer and cash.
building a nice samurai.

need axles and some nice 31-33s. could even work something where I keep my wheels as I can pull them off no problem.

would also trade for some early bronco matched axles...  something between 50-58 inches and stronger then a samurai/jeep 30/35 combo
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2015, 10:03:26 PM by BoG-ToY »
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.