Author Topic: What to expect with so many new goodies  (Read 2672 times)

22rMudToy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '12
  • I will be mentally stonger than every opponent
    • View Profile
What to expect with so many new goodies
« on: Nov 21, 2012, 09:16:56 AM »
Ok well iv decided to take my truck to a whole new level. I have a 1980 p/u with a rebuilt 22r and 79,xxx miles on it. 4 speed transmission (love the old school sound of tellin someone its a 4 speed) has a 261 cam i put in last may which did alright (i could tell a little difference pullin a long hill or haulin a heavy trailer even with the heavy tires) but my real question is i ordered a REAL redline weber 38, not the northamericanweber or empi chinese junk, that should be here in just a few days and a Doug Thorley Header is in the works within the next month. I have reasons for going to both of these parts, not just to spend the money haha but let me know guys what yall think, im big on my truck and get excited when i get new goodies for her :cheese: Just rebuilt the axles with spartans front and rear and 4.10s also and i have a holley fpr and gauge already in the shop.
1980 long bed p/u. Spartan lockers, 4.10 gears,
s, 261 cam, Redline Weber 38, K&N air filter, 2.5in exhaust with glasspack. 300 watt amp, 2x12in kicker subs, 2 tweeters, 2 5x7 sony xplodes/

Dont Tread On Me!! Iv stood toe to toe with some of the baddest joes you'll ever see but i never back away. Knock me down and ill stand back up screamin bring it on. My mind and heart keep me goin long after my body is tired from fighting.

Special Ops bound when my time comes

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: What to expect with so many new goodies
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »
:welcome: to :turtle: :wave:
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

22rMudToy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2012, 09:27:17 AM »
haha preciate man
s, 261 cam, Redline Weber 38, K&N air filter, 2.5in exhaust with glasspack. 300 watt amp, 2x12in kicker subs, 2 tweeters, 2 5x7 sony xplodes/

Dont Tread On Me!! Iv stood toe to toe with some of the baddest joes you'll ever see but i never back away. Knock me down and ill stand back up screamin bring it on. My mind and heart keep me goin long after my body is tired from fighting.

22rMudToy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2012, 08:37:25 AM »
Weber 38 is supposed to be here by end of day monday :willynilly: gonna order doug thorleys next thursday hopefully. excited about the weber im just hopin i dont have the same problems with having to rejet when it comes in. I havent read anyone having problems that are from my part of the country. none from the dirty south. so if anyone has any experience with them down here then id love to know your experiences. I hope 79cyoteyerg reads this and has some input cause i know he's the weber guru lol

tgmaul88

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 30
  • Male Posts: 985
  • Member since Feb '12
  • Im still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
i run a weber

22rMudToy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »
you from the south? and did you have alot of problems setting it up?

UndefinedTaco

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Aug '11
  • Built by trial and mostly error
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2012, 09:27:49 PM »
38 should scream..tune it right..alot of fuel lol
83' Pickup "ShitBox" - more parts
92' Pickup "Doomed" - some parts

22rMudToy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2012, 10:23:52 PM »
Thats what im hopin for. tryin to hit a whoping 150 horsepower :yupyup: i found out on thanksgiving actually that my 38 is literally down the road from me about 15 minutes but UPS wont let me come pick it up and im still waiting till end of the day monday :shake_head: needless to say im pissed

3toys

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2012, 01:05:05 AM »
Where in the South are you? 

22rMudToy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2012, 07:31:44 AM »
South Carolina bout an hour from beautiful east Tennessee

22rMudToy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2012, 08:45:57 PM »
Weber 38 came today in between gettin out of school and goin to work. Got everything hooked up for the most part still tryin to figure out my situation with gettin the electric choke to work and my distributor advance vacuum lines. Have a vacum leak around the adapfor though..imagine that :shake: also took the time to clean up my valve cover and paint it blue and a matching blue crank case breather. Trying to figure out how to post pics from my phone. I did run it for about 30 minutes and idles good between 800-1200 rpm and no diesaling at shut off still aint actually drove it. Ill keep updating for anyone who is interested!!

chrisprojects

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 22
  • Member since Nov '12
  • rigs apart til further notice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2012, 12:03:52 AM »
 :wave:

22rMudToy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2012, 01:25:26 PM »
alright guys got all vacuum lines that i dont need blocked off, i know alot of people run only 1 distributor advance line but i went ahead and ran both. Cranked right up and idled at about 2800 rpm but im gonna attribute that to the very cold past 2 days we've had let it sit for about 10 seconds and i just couldnt resist..i did a burn out in my driveway kickin up gravel everywhere then i did it in our field (dont really have a driveway to the road we just go through a field) and when  i got on the pavement i stomped on it and i noticed a huge difference right out the gate when it revved up faster than i knew it could and my  head hit the head rest  :shocking: i love it. after i drove it probably 2 miles going 70 the whole way i stopped to turn around and my idle had went down to 1500 :thumbs: Only thing im having a problem with is im currently running 2.5inch straight pipe with no cat and a glasspack with broken glass(its fiber glass not actual glass just so noone calls me and idiot for thinkin i have actual glass in a muffler) so its pretty rich and would probably get me locked up in california haha. gonna try and get pictures up for anyone who has been following this and is interested. Also i noticed it changed my exhaust tone a little its a little tiny bit louder but i can tell a difference in the throatiness of it which i wasnt expecting at all.

3toys

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Jan '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2012, 05:40:39 PM »
I'm near Augusta.  Just west on I-20.

tgmaul88

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 30
  • Male Posts: 985
  • Member since Feb '12
  • Im still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Nov 30, 2012, 06:08:07 AM »
check this out, i ditched the redline adaptor and used this for added HP

and Run only one dizzy line,  its because the other one is for emissions  you will get better mpg and a better advance if you only have one hooked up. if you were in cali and had to smog it would have to be done for the emissions. I think just run the outer plug near RAD.

the adaptor plate is fool proof and it swirls your fuel for better mix with air yea its 58 bucks but Ive already bought three of them, ill never use the redline plates again 

22rMudToy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Nov 30, 2012, 09:28:23 AM »
Im not having any problems with my adaptor plates for now which is fine by me. Gonna get an offy intake sometime in the early spring/late winter (dont know if i want single or dual plane) after my header so im holding off on the LCE adaptor plate and gonna get the 1" spacer they offer for the weber to offy intake. It spirals too and i seen where they said +5hp and +6lbs of torque which sounds good but did you really notice any difference from that? I aint sayin that they lie about numbers are anything but i just wanna know if id actually see or feel any difference in power or milage. And i was about to block off the distributor advance line closer to the block last night since iv seen so many people do it. But would it make that big of a difference in power or milage either? Im getting good milage with my 38 so far iv drove it about 120 miles since iv had it own and my gas hand still hasnt went down a lot. which is better than my worn out aisin. I think the reason the aisin was so bad though was because one of the butter flys were actually bent and i guess thats why it wouldnt idle lower than 3k rpms no matter how hot you got it or how much you tuned it.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2012, 09:17:52 PM »
:aaa:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

22rMudToy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '12
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2012, 09:26:30 AM »
I dont understand what you were tryin to say with that @79coyotefrg