Author Topic: Stolen 1991 Toyota Pickup DLX (White) Single cab (Chico, CA)  (Read 14017 times)

knucklebuster

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 271
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
saw this on craigslist in Chico. http://chico.craigslist.org/pts/3203873027.html
looks like the guy loved his truck and misses it dearly.. figured I would make a post and send him a link

wasted_dragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Thanks again for sharing the link, and I do miss that truck. I don't care if it's down to the cab and frame, I still want it back. Any help is appreciated.

-Doug

[Copied from Link]

My name is Douglas Egbert, I'm the owner of this 1991 Toyota Pickup, License Plate #: 5F04638. You may have seen the other stolen ads that my friends have posted for me on here when I didn't have internet. I can't thank them enough for all their help, and that goes for anyone else who has kept their eye out for my truck.

I'm posting this to put out more info, and give every single detail that I can think of that might help identify stolen parts. I have a few hundred pictures of my truck on my computer so I may be able to prove they are mine.

I'll start with the obvious ones:

EXTERIOR

*White Addicted Off Road Bumper
*Blazeland Long Travel Kit (Pics Below) Also had shock hoops with it.
*Bedcage (Pics Below)
*2.5"x8" FOA Coilover Shocks with silver Eibach Coil Springs.
*Front 4" Flat-top Fiberglass Fenders-made by Hannemann Fiberglass
*33"x12.50" R15 Toyo Mud terrains (Two are fairly new, and two are a little worn on the edges, but still have a lot of tread.)
*New Power Steering box, Silver Pitman Arm, MOOG outer Tie Rods, Master Pro Inner Tie Rods. The balljoints leak a lot of grease from the boots, and are worn.
*4:88 Gears. Has Front A.D.D Carrier and Rear Differential Carrier has an ABS sensor with the wire cut.
*New drum brakes with silver drums

INTERIOR

*The interior trim that surrounds where the stereo goes has been cut out a little bit. (Pics Below) Stereo wasn't in it when stolen, I had to sell it a while ago to make rent.
*On the steering column cover, there are two little holes that used to be a holder for a CB radio. (Pics Below)

ENGINE

It has the 3.0 Liter V6 (3VZE) engine, I just replaced the power steering pump on it with a reman one from NAPA just a couple days before the truck was stolen.
It also has a new Fan Bracket I bought from NAPA, as well as a new fan clutch from Rock Auto. Both of which fairly stands out. The cooling fan still wobbles a bit when running. There is also a newish alternator with a bronze pulley I put in it too.

If anybody spots any of these parts being sold anywhere, please call 911 and inform the police. I know it's a lot to ask, but I would be forever in your debt if these guys are caught. I still want the truck back even if it's been parted out. I'm just a broke college student working a part-time job, but I would rebuild all over again. This truck has had such an impact on my life, so many memories, I was planning on never letting it go, it was my first truck I ever owned, and my most cherished treasure.

Some people may think this is just another stolen vehicle, but when you own a Toyota pickup truck that never lets you down, even in hard times, and you gladly repay the favor by maintaining and replacing parts with your own bare hands. You have something that some people just don't have with their cars these days.

Anyways, if you have a tip and don't want to go to the police about it, you can call my cell phone at (707) 845-3157. If I don't answer, I'm probably working so please leave a message.
Again, I can't thank everyone enough for all the help so far.

-Douglas Egbert

One last thing, there was a bike left behind that I never seen before. It was right next to where my truck was stolen. I'll attach a picture, so if you seen a person riding this, it might help my case. The bike has a sticker from a bike shop in Chester.

Some pics of my truck before it got stolen:

Interior (Didn't have CB or stereo in it when it got stolen)

Best picture I have of front setup, doesn't have the shock with the red boot on it. That was just when I was installing coilovers with the other shocks and torsion bars still in.

What the Blazeland kit looks like.

Fairly new parts that I've replaced recently.

Coolant reservoir held on with zip ties.

Then here's the bike that was left where my truck got stolen.

If you guys feel like reading, here's my build thread: http://www.yotatech.com/f199/cr-ves4wheelins-1991-hilux-build-up-thread-215160/
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2012, 05:13:22 PM by wasted_dragon »

HogCanyonHopper

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 7319
  • Male Posts: 1,224
  • Member since Jul '10
    • View Profile
greasy, slimeball thieves!! I am up here in the Yuba county foothills and will keep an eye out. I will be out at Butte college next week and probably regularly couple days a week thereafter. Will be looking between here and there.
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=88478.0
Where are we going? And why are we in a handbasket?

My friend is goin to moan this weekend - RockcrawlinJK

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Thank you, I could use all the help I can get. I can't give up on a truck that never gave up on me.

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,291
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Sucks

Sent from my iPhone connected to the BigMike Network using Tapatalk
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

Vang530

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since May '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Did this happen anywhere near campus? I park my yota there a lot and now I'm paranoid. :nerv:
I'll keep an eye out for it.
Oroville, CA

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
No, I've never heard anyone have their vehicle stolen near campus. My truck was just parked in it's usual spot in my apartment parking lot, the thing is though I live in the neighborhood of West Sacramento st. behind the rail road tracks. I just wish now that I had put an alarm system hooked up to a train horn, so I could've woken up.

Thank you.

locked 4x4

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 466
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
Keeping an eye out.  I had mine stolen off ivy a couple years back and I got it back so there is hope.

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Thanks man, that does make me feel a little better about my chances of getting it back. I just wish I had a car right now to drive, so I can go around town looking for it myself. I'd even go around paradise and magalia too.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012, 02:01:06 AM by wasted_dragon »

locked 4x4

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 466
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
My truck was found up by red bluff so don't count that out.

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Yeah, that's not a long ways away either, the truck only had a little less than half tank of gas when it was stolen. Couldn't have gone far, unless the thief got the gas door open with a pry bar.

Dingman.

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
Ill keep an eye out in paradise and magalia

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Dingman.

• Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
I think you should post the info/pics on here instead of haveing just a link to the Craigslist posting.

We have found stolen trucks on some dirt roads up here, ive also heard of peoples trucks getting stolen and ending up in oroville.
But really there is no eay to know :(

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Sounds good, I'll copy and paste it. Just need a second to upload a couple of pics on photobucket, and I'll edit my first post.

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
I will keep my eyes open in the Davis/Sacramento area. Hope you get it back man.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I just woke from a nap since I had a headache, and my roommates girlfriend told me that she saw a truck that looked like mine around noon. She said, "It was on North Cedar at a parking lot of a apartment complex (around where I live), had similar looking bars in bed, freshly painted tan with no license plates."

I just ran over and looked to where she said she saw it, and I didn't see anything like her description. I wish she told me earlier. Just a small update, but it's better than nothing.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I just showed her a picture of the bed cage and asked her if that's what it looked like, but she just described one of those bed rail caps with tubes on it. She said it also had a tail gate.... :(
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2012, 11:21:39 PM by wasted_dragon »

83yota5960

• Trade Count: (-5)
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 551
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
i  saw this truck driveing up to magalia around the date it was stolen wish i new it was missing would of followed it. ill be looking for it again.
83 short bed yota 35's 5.29's 4.7 f-150's arb front aussie locker rear high steer ifs rear axle
83 short bed yota 31 a/t mild lift welded ifs rear axle
99 audi A4 as my new daily driver.

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
It's okay, you didn't know. At least you said something. I'll call the police tomorrow telling them my truck was spotted in Magalia. I've been there before, but I didn't drive there recently nor around the date it was stolen. So thank you so much for telling me.

-Doug

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
****!! I wish I could drive right now.

83yota5960

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
It's okay, you didn't know. At least you said something. I'll call the police tomorrow telling them my truck was spotted in Magalia. I've been there before, but I didn't drive there recently nor around the date it was stolen. So thank you so much for telling me.

-Doug
[/quote/]
no probablem hope u find it man. ya it caught my eye sence ive never seen it up there before. ill let you no if i spot it again.
83 short bed yota 35's 5.29's 4.7 f-150's arb front aussie locker rear high steer ifs rear axle

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Hey 83yota5960, where around did you see my truck being driven to Magalia? Was it passed the Reservoir, where you get into Magalia on Skyway?

I'm planning on goin' tomorrow and search the area. My grandparents are driving a car to me from my mom, so I can have something to drive. Plus I got the day off work.

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Well, I got a Honda CR-V to drive around, and as soon as my grand parents dropped it off for me, I drove straight to Magalia. I searched around the neighborhood off Rosewood Dr. first. I stopped by a few people that were working on their Toyotas, and asked them if they might have seen my truck around. All of them were very nice, especially since I'm just some random stranger that came out of nowhere.

I was in the right area to look according to one of the guys, but I didn't have any luck. I did get a couple leads though:

1. There's a truck with the same looking fenders as mine, across the Burger King in Paradise. Apparently the house there, used to be a sorta "halfway house" or somethin.

I drove by it, but the truck looked like an earlier generation, with the orange marker lights. It was pretty far away, but it looked like it had a smittybilt front bumper too.

This is what it looks like without a front bumper, it just has a frame brace. This picture is old, so pretty much everything minus the 4 inch lift kit.

2. I was told by one of the guys that Powellton Road was notorious for having parted out trucks left there.

So I took the CR-V down there, not gonna lie, it was probably the longest time that Honda has ever been on just gravel and dirt. Didn't seem to like it too much though. Anyways, I went down that road a little ways, and stopped by a couple blocked parts of the side roads, and then walked around the trees to see if I can find anything. No luck though.

It was a good little journey, it was something I needed. I'm thankful that all the people I met were really kind to stop what they were doin and help out a stranger.

83yota5960

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
Hey 83yota5960, where around did you see my truck being driven to Magalia? Was it passed the Reservoir, where you get into Magalia on Skyway?

I'm planning on goin' tomorrow and search the area. My grandparents are driving a car to me from my mom, so I can have something to drive. Plus I got the day off work.
I passed him going up sky way at dolly o donuts, which is above the resivor

83yota5960

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
Also a few years ago my sisters boy friends Toyota got stolen in paradise and was found off Cherokee road on high way 70. When u get on Cherokee road drive a little ways and on the left you will see a dirt road it's pretty hidden you will probably need 4x4 drive, but it's a common dump spot.

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Just a little update, I looked up Cherokee Road to find the dirt road I think you were talking about. I went there after school, and I actually accidentally passed it the first time. You can see it very easily going the other way, anyways, I didn't drive up it with the CR-V. I'm glad I didn't too, because it looked like the CR-V would Topple over if I went further up the road.

So I walked up it, went through all the paths that it looked like a truck went through. No luck though, there weren't any frames or anything. There was just trash, a broken camper shell, slashed tires with no wheels.

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Well, it's been about 2 months and still nothing from the police. I even called them a few times.

I haven't seen anything parts wise on craigslist, not even the wheels, which I've never seen another set like mine. Kinda gives me hope it's still somewhere. If anyone sees a used blazeland kit for sale or a truck that has one. Please let me know, because I do have a way to prove it's mine. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2012, 05:36:39 PM by wasted_dragon »

Dingman.

• Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
That blows.   I still keep my eye out everytime i see a white single cab.

wasted_dragon

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '12
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Thanks man.