Author Topic: E Slope MT Boys Wheelin' Compressor Trail Mullan ID, June 30...  (Read 1971 times)

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
A buddy and I are taking our families on a wheeling/surfing road trip vacation  the week of the 4th of July.  We are leaving Ft. Benton MT on the 29th, cruising through Glacier Park from the back side on the going to the sun road, then the next day (June 30) we will be cutting over on the 2 laner to St Regis, MT and then dropping the wifes off in Cour de Alene to set up camp while we wheel the Compressor Trail in Mullan ID.  Is there anyone from that neck of the woods that could help us find the trail that afternoon?
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

H8PVMNT [OP]

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
Never did find the Compressor Trail, but we vistited with some locals in a tavern that had never heard of it but pointed us in the direction of a trail they call 'Cambobia" and added that we probably wouldn't make it to the top.  It was an overgrown jungle for the first 5 miles and the last half was off camber switchback climbing with soccer ball sized rocks that topped out in a couple feet of melting snow drifts. Pretty fun, but we still want to find Compressor someday. 

I'm begining to think that Compressor is kind of like big foot...
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K