Author Topic: TRADE: 01 Tacoma double cab 4wd V6, expedition build  (Read 7151 times)

Reynolds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 491
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
TRADE: 01 Tacoma double cab 4wd V6, expedition build
« on: May 19, 2012, 06:10:37 PM »
No longer interested in trading :D Building this truck up on 1 tons and 40's  :beer:
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2013, 08:25:49 PM by Reynolds »
-Brian

Reynolds [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
-Brian

baja dan

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 200
  • Member since Feb '09
    • View Profile
i got a 86 4runner 195kon body with a new fresh rebuilt engine 500 miles on the rebuild with 24k mile warranty, dual cases marlin adpter lockers front and rear detroits, full rollcage padded and orw grabhandle really clean looking, 5.29 gears 35'' bfg km2's runs great, lc engineering smog legal header, sliders, front winch bumper tg skid plate located in san diego let me know if your interested

baja dan

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 200
  • Member since Feb '09
    • View Profile
heres another the hood and top of cab have been herculined

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
Damn, that's kinda tempting, as im sure yould like my rig- but that's probably too nice of a rig for what I would use it for...
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

dryota85

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Aug '10
    • View Profile
Pm u

Reynolds [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
i got a 86 4runner 195kon body with a new fresh rebuilt engine 500 miles on the rebuild with 24k mile warranty, dual cases marlin adpter lockers front and rear detroits, full rollcage padded and orw grabhandle really clean looking, 5.29 gears 35'' bfg km2's runs great, lc engineering smog legal header, sliders, front winch bumper tg skid plate located in san diego let me know if your interested

Nice truck! Looks like it is in dire need of some paint though. Scotty at Addicted Offroad offered this 4runner as a trade and I think his is a lot closer to what I'm looking for. Still waiting to hear back from him though  :D

Damn, that's kinda tempting, as im sure yould like my rig- but that's probably too nice of a rig for what I would use it for...

Yeah your 4runner is badass! I kinda figured it would be tough for me to find a trade worth about what my truck is worth. I know you're trying to sell yours for about $6500 right?

Pm u

PM'd back  :thumbs:
-Brian

Reynolds [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

Hoo boy was I wrong! Your 4runner is badass! I'd trade pretty quickly LOL
-Brian

peacesells

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -17
  • Male Posts: 791
  • Member since Jul '08
  • motley lou
    • View Profile
Lol. It really is tempting, If you were a few hundred miles closer i'd come take a look at it. Always wanted a 4door taco... My only worry is that I would use it for a lot of hiking and kayaking trips where it would be left in the woods for days, and all or part of it would be missing when I got back... lol. I'll still think about it, but definitely don't wait on me, that orange rig looks clean!
this my man lysol, fresh out the joint

toyotathomas

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 21
  • Male Posts: 87
  • Member since Jun '11
    • View Profile
That orange rig is sick!  Make it happen Brian :yesnod:

Reynolds [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy with the orange 4runner. It's really clean and basically every part on it is new suspension wise.
-Brian

Reynolds [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Lol. It really is tempting, If you were a few hundred miles closer i'd come take a look at it. Always wanted a 4door taco... My only worry is that I would use it for a lot of hiking and kayaking trips where it would be left in the woods for days, and all or part of it would be missing when I got back... lol. I'll still think about it, but definitely don't wait on me, that orange rig looks clean!

I'd be willing to drive a ways to meet up with you. It would have to be BAR stickered for Commiefornia and smog-able and of course streetable though, that's where I think we'd run into problems haha
-Brian

95Toyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -98
  • Male Posts: 83
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Gotta love TRD
    • View Profile
Still looking for a suitable trade? I might be interested...
Here it is, it has 37" km2's now not kraal ears and still Tg beadlovks but silver polished rings. Was just driven to the hammers this week and had no issues. Let me know what you think, or if you have questions.

92 runner SASed 3.4 swapped dual cases, and much much more.

Reynolds [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Still looking for a suitable trade? I might be interested...
Here it is, it has 37" km2's now not kraal ears and still Tg beadlovks but silver polished rings. Was just driven to the hammers this week and had no issues. Let me know what you think, or if you have questions.

Clean truck! I may have saw it at the Hammers actually haha. What are the specs?
-Brian

95Toyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Gotta love TRD
    • View Profile
Thank you! yea i just drove it out there last minute. decided tuesday and went on thursday.
Well its a 92 Runner, TG SAS, and spring swap in the rear, 5" HD up front 5" in the rear, it does sit a little low, just havent gotten around to lowering the front yet. TG bumpers front and rear, and rock sliders that havent been mount yet. No body damage, was originaly an automatic truck, has been swapped to a 5 speed, with dual cases, 4.7 in the rear case, TG crossmember, it has been 3.4 Swapped comletly smoged and reffed. during the swap a year ago, it had a new clutch put in, and the power steering Lines were swapped with TG once the reff cleared it. (he requires the Idle up valve, i didnt see it was needed.)  there is a dent/ hole in the hood, but to the contrary of all the 3.4 swap gurus it does shut and latch. it has TG solid motor mounts and TG Solid Tcase mounts. they "Vibrate more" but not under this engine. it is still very smoth, even at 80mph. A/C hasnt been converted yet but thats all thats left with the engine. The frot drive line is the new HD Trail gear driveline, coated to be quiet and very strong, the axles are basicly hub to hub new, front is as follows, New Asin factory locking hubs, ARP 2000 hub stud kits re freshed hub bodies, Spindles, Spindle stud kit, 6 Stud knuckles and arms, new lower caps, trail gear +3 rock assault housing Dirty 30 Birfields Hipinion front thirdmember with 5.29 R&P and open diff and also 1.5 wheel spacers to clear the wheels. The rear has cromoly rear axle shafts, all new bearings TG rear disk brake kit, new bearing caps, TG rear rock assault housing, new MC Seals and a V6 thirdmember with 5.29 open as well. the only thing was not able to afford on this truck was the differentials. Tires and wheels it has the TG Creeper locks, with 37 12.50 r17 Km2 that have over 90% on them. Let me know what you think.

95Toyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Gotta love TRD
    • View Profile
also here is a more recent picture of it, Flexing out...

Reynolds [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
3.4 swap with all the goodies huh? Do you work for Trail Gear? Lol. Let me think about it. I have a set of 1 tons and 40's for the Taco already :D How many miles on the 3.4? Taco transmission too or 3.0 trans?
-Brian

95Toyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Gotta love TRD
    • View Profile
I used to, :P around 190,000 somthing on the engine, 3.0 trans, made the 3.0 adapter more cost effective than the 3.4 adapter, plus it made the dual crossmember a bolt in unit. No custom parts needed. No worries, I'm not in any hurry to trade just poking around.