Author Topic: Medical Marijuana  (Read 11006 times)

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Medical Marijuana
« Reply #30 on: Apr 24, 2012, 01:11:55 PM »

now let me say this .. . this is not a new problem, I have had this issue since 1986 so its not a new issue, I agree the weight loss would be a great idea and would probably help the issue, but at the same time its hard to do allot of excersize programs, a simple walk down the street will have me on the couch for the rest of the day due to swelling and pain that never really leaves the knees.

its not a workout program its just simply juicing. watch the movie and you'll see

"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #31 on: Apr 24, 2012, 01:41:52 PM »
there are so many different strains of marijuana now they have specific kinds just for pain. I say try it. if you dont like it then stop.

On a side note check out the movie "Fat sick and nearly dead" you can find it on netflix. my brother watched it and tried the "diet" he was around 350lbs and is now 270 and still loosing weight only after 60 days.

watching it now . . . interesting :idea:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #32 on: Apr 24, 2012, 01:45:03 PM »
its not a workout program its just simply juicing. watch the movie and you'll see

man I hate veggies though, taste just sux, but I guess if its gotta be done :headscratch

for those interested, kinda long nut a good watch if you want to loose da pounds, now I need more info on the whole plan and how it all works and that kinda thing

www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat-sick-and-nearly-dead
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2012, 02:54:07 PM by *** YELLER *** »
except BACON

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Apr 24, 2012, 05:02:31 PM »
No it was a stupid  comparison.
I never said it was good for you, I was stating the side effects are what makes the difference.
:haha:  You still don't get it, so I'll reword it one last time. I did not compare pot to poison oak or rattlesnakes. My point was this: some people (did I name you, Jerry? No, I did not) claim pot is safe because it is natural, but that statement makes no sense. Many things exist in nature which are toxic and harmful to people.

That aside, yes, I agree that many prescribed drugs can have nasty side effects. It's a complex situation.... I also heard recently about studies showing some bad side effects from long-term pot smoking.  Different people are affected in different ways..... there are lifelong cigarette smokers living into their nineties, but that doesn't mean tobacco is good for you either. Everything is a risk / reward tradeoff, and in the end it boils down to personal choice and responsibility.

Sorry for the sidetrack, Yeller. I truly hope you can lose a bunch of weight because that will probably do your knees the most good. And I hope you can get some much-needed pain relief. If I'm not mistaken, the active ingredient in Vicodin is hydrocordone, same as the Norco I use occasionally for RA. When used regularly, the body develops a resistance to it so it becomes much less effective.

A neighbor of mine is an Iraq war vet with a badly damaged leg. The only thing that relieved his pain was morphine but he hated the side effects (feeling, well.... drugged). He said they put him on a synthetic morphine that kills the pain but doesn't give him that  'druggy' feeling or impair him in any way. Maybe that's something worth looking into.

My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Apr 24, 2012, 07:37:20 PM »
I'm not clear Stocker...are you saying Poison Oak wasn't the best choice for homemade jock itch relief?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

tgmaul88

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 30
  • Male Posts: 985
  • Member since Feb '12
  • Im still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Apr 24, 2012, 07:54:49 PM »
I use it for chronic back pain  vapor and other are good watch rick simpsons Run from the cure on you tube and it gives a good look at the pain - cancer mgmt 

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Apr 24, 2012, 08:00:34 PM »
Inside joke between me n Yeller!  Date rape!  :rofl2:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #37 on: Apr 24, 2012, 08:30:23 PM »
Inside joke between me n Yeller!  Date rape!  :rofl2:

:rofl: Bawahahahaha :rofl:
except BACON

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Apr 24, 2012, 10:53:10 PM »
:haha:  You still don't get it, so I'll reword it one last time. I did not compare pot to poison oak or rattlesnakes. My point was this: some people (did I name you, Jerry? No, I did not) claim pot is safe because it is natural, but that statement makes no sense. Many things exist in nature which are toxic and harmful to people.

That aside, yes, I agree that many prescribed drugs can have nasty side effects. It's a complex situation.... I also heard recently about studies showing some bad side effects from long-term pot smoking.  Different people are affected in different ways..... there are lifelong cigarette smokers living into their nineties, but that doesn't mean tobacco is good for you either. Everything is a risk / reward tradeoff, and in the end it boils down to personal choice and responsibility.

Sorry for the sidetrack, Yeller. I truly hope you can lose a bunch of weight because that will probably do your knees the most good. And I hope you can get some much-needed pain relief. If I'm not mistaken, the active ingredient in Vicodin is hydrocordone, same as the Norco I use occasionally for RA. When used regularly, the body develops a resistance to it so it becomes much less effective.

A neighbor of mine is an Iraq war vet with a badly damaged leg. The only thing that relieved his pain was morphine but he hated the side effects (feeling, well.... drugged). He said they put him on a synthetic morphine that kills the pain but doesn't give him that  'druggy' feeling or impair him in any way. Maybe that's something worth looking into.

Dont gotta smoke it to get the affects.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

OldGold3VZE

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 417
  • Member since Feb '08
  • Run whatcha brung, and have some fun!
    • View Profile
    • Light Racing, High Performance Bump Stops
« Reply #39 on: Apr 25, 2012, 08:55:22 PM »
MMJ is definitely a great option for pain and inflammation relief, but you need to only be ingesting the purest form of the THC for the relief to feel pure.  Smoking marijuana is still smoking, and while you will get some relief, you also have to deal with the burning leaf/bud matter that you are inhaling.  If you are interested in giving it a try, I would highly recommend always sourcing high grade MMJ and using a vaporizer as your method of inhalation.  Also, as mentioned before, be aware of the strain of bud you are sourcing, as the effects can vary greatly.  This is not a "drug" in the sense of dirty heroin which could kill you in one shot, you can try it with no ill effects and stop whenever you please if it is not to your liking.
My 1980 Long Bed build thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=84562.0

Truggy build thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=89844.0

Rastafari Livity!  Ital = Vital!

Zs Confederate Toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,146
  • Member since Mar '11
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #40 on: Apr 26, 2012, 12:46:00 AM »
Vape is a great idea. So are edibles. Brownies, cookies, candies etc. It is a different kind of high but still is great for pain relief.
ZACH
87 Rock Rat X
80 SR5 The Shady Lady
Trail Junky

Peterbuilt84

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 12
  • Male Posts: 1,049
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
    • Poly Goats
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #41 on: Apr 26, 2012, 01:04:20 AM »
On the exercise issue, have you ever looked into doing exercise in a pool? My uncle with ms was told that would be a good option, so maybe it would be good for you because it's low impact :dunno:

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Apr 26, 2012, 08:44:29 AM »
Lifting weights is the best for losing weight too
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #43 on: Apr 26, 2012, 08:54:19 AM »
On the exercise issue, have you ever looked into doing exercise in a pool? My uncle with ms was told that would be a good option, so maybe it would be good for you because it's low impact :dunno:

would love to use a pool but due to no money I cant afford the gym membership and the lakes around here are freezing most of the time, but good ideas from everybody and I thank all of you for your input

Vape is a great idea. So are edibles. Brownies, cookies, candies etc. It is a different kind of high but still is great for pain relief.

Im currently using "docGreens" - "Therapeutic Healing Cream " on my knees when I put it on I get about 30 min of pain relief if I wrap it with an ace bandage it relieves pain for a couple hours at best, have anyone used this or a like product and if so is this normal as far as longevity of relief or should I look into something else like it ?
except BACON

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #44 on: Apr 26, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
MMJ is definitely a great option for pain and inflammation relief, but you need to only be ingesting the purest form of the THC for the relief to feel pure.  Smoking marijuana is still smoking, and while you will get some relief, you also have to deal with the burning leaf/bud matter that you are inhaling.  If you are interested in giving it a try, I would highly recommend always sourcing high grade MMJ and using a vaporizer as your method of inhalation.  Also, as mentioned before, be aware of the strain of bud you are sourcing, as the effects can vary greatly.  This is not a "drug" in the sense of dirty heroin which could kill you in one shot, you can try it with no ill effects and stop whenever you please if it is not to your liking.

since I quit smoking cigs 3 years ago Im not a fan of sparking up again, so if I can use other forms of ingestion then Im a fan, thanks for the input
except BACON

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Apr 26, 2012, 09:23:58 AM »
Yeller buy some weights, get like 20 and 30 pound dumbbells and start lifting at home.

knucklebuster

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 271
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Apr 26, 2012, 09:32:01 AM »
My father uses mm to help with the symptoms and side effects of the treatment for his terminal illness.
He has a better outlook, eats more, takes less pills and is more active... I was the one who got him hooked on the reefer... (helped him get his Dr's recommendation)
The only drawback I see is he plays ol rock n roll at high :smokin: volume and tends to ramble on sometimes when we talk on the phone.

That being said I have researched quite a bit on the different effects and best methods of ingesting and have quite a cookbook.
thc is the only psychoactive compound in pot , but there are others that react with thc and alone can reduse inflammation, ease nausea, and pain.
In different combinations it can eather cause an energetic "high" or a lethargic "stoned" feeling.
I would say inform yourself and try it out
there is tons of info out there as I'm sure you know

tgmaul88

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 30
  • Male Posts: 985
  • Member since Feb '12
  • Im still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Apr 26, 2012, 09:34:36 AM »
that one movie on netflix was really interesting about a juicing diet!   fat sick and nearly dead     very good movie

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #48 on: Apr 26, 2012, 10:01:36 AM »

The only drawback I see is he plays ol rock n roll at high :smokin: volume and tends to ramble on sometimes when we talk on the phone.

thats an old age father thing I do it now and Im not stoned :yupyup:
except BACON

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #49 on: Apr 26, 2012, 10:03:05 AM »
Yeller buy some weights, get like 20 and 30 pound dumbbells and start lifting at home.

thanks Jerry, good idea :thumbsup:
except BACON

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Apr 27, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
Didn't see it said but I'm not reading through every single post.  I feel your pain Dave, as does Stocker.  We both have very bad knees, likely genetic, and as he has said, have both considered the possibilities of having to use mmj.  The possibility bothers us both as we have a quite similar stance on the subject. 

Luckily, my knees got better after I lost weight and always feel better when I'm lighter.  We're small people so we have small frames to begin with, but when I dropped around 20 pounds it made a huge difference.  My knees and hips are still bad but I can manage, and can even go hiking if I work through it and can end the season doing 20+ mile difficult trails.  Glucosomine/chondroitin/msm has also helped me quite a bit, though it did take several months to begin to feel a difference.

My thoughts are;  Why not use it minimally until you can get down to a weight that puts much less stress on your joints?  You could begin by using enough to feel good and attempting a workout or walk, then as you see a difference, start weining yourself off it slowly.  And make sure you cut sodas/energy drinks/anything high carb or sugar out of your diet.  If you live a stagnant lifestyle, eating and drinking poorly is just so bad for you. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

*** YELLER *** [OP]

• Member since Oct '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #51 on: Apr 27, 2012, 12:27:12 PM »
Didn't see it said but I'm not reading through every single post.  I feel your pain Dave, as does Stocker.  We both have very bad knees, likely genetic, and as he has said, have both considered the possibilities of having to use mmj.  The possibility bothers us both as we have a quite similar stance on the subject. 

Luckily, my knees got better after I lost weight and always feel better when I'm lighter.  We're small people so we have small frames to begin with, but when I dropped around 20 pounds it made a huge difference.  My knees and hips are still bad but I can manage, and can even go hiking if I work through it and can end the season doing 20+ mile difficult trails.  Glucosomine/chondroitin/msm has also helped me quite a bit, though it did take several months to begin to feel a difference.

My thoughts are;  Why not use it minimally until you can get down to a weight that puts much less stress on your joints?  You could begin by using enough to feel good and attempting a workout or walk, then as you see a difference, start weining yourself off it slowly.  And make sure you cut sodas/energy drinks/anything high carb or sugar out of your diet.  If you live a stagnant lifestyle, eating and drinking poorly is just so bad for you. 

good thoughts Nate thanks, I have always been a large frame guy so im use to caring weight but in the last 3 years as it gets worse I have added allot of weight due to poor eating habits and lots of crap (soda, candy, fast food) I have since cut out 90% of soda intake and 50% of candy intake Im trying to do better and hope to eliminate it all together :crossed: thanks for the advice :thumbs:
except BACON

4RunnerChevy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 1,426
  • Member since Sep '08
  • Santa Cruz Mountains
    • View Profile
    • Santa Cruz Wheelers
« Reply #52 on: Apr 27, 2012, 04:07:22 PM »
Smoke it Dave, none of this speculation.  Your the only one, who knows if its gonna work.  Just wanna see you you moving.  Its weed not heroin,  who cares.  :sleeping:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 07:14:08 AM »
Soo, what's the poop? Any follow up on your situation?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »
 just takes will power..... anyone can adjust their diet and lose weight... question is... how badly...  ?

you token the wacky ta-backy er... wha?
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2012, 11:04:46 PM »
I'm pretty ambivalent on the mmj use, so not much help there.

How does riding your bike work for you? I know you ride occasionally, does that hurt your knees as well?

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent