Author Topic: 47 LTB... Has anyone run them? Likes, dislikes? What wheels/beadlocks? etc...  (Read 4797 times)

JJtruggy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
Exactly like the heading says ya'all!

Have you or a buddy ran the 47 inch LTB?

Opinions? Likes? Dislikes? Wheels etc...

98yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 167
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
we run them for rocks and they work good except for having pretty stiff sidewalls. valve stems out they still have about 6-8 inches from tread to rim
98 taco, 32's, allpro front bumper, 3 in. body :( i know, cobra 29 ltd classic cb. broke college student so no building for awhile

JJtruggy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
Right on! Thats cool... Been mulling over the idea of running the 43sx instead of the 47 LTBs

Dingman.

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
I personally know two people up her that have 47 ltbs.   One rig they are great on.  Another they disnt do that good but i honestly dont think they were aird down

I have only seen them in the snow, never in the rocks or mud

JJtruggy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
 Nice... What kinda trucks and cases they running? if ya know

Dingman.

• Turtle Points: 1125
  • Male Posts: 3,448
  • Member since Oct '08
    • View Profile
Both were originally toyota trucka and both of them had 60 front, 14 bolt rear.  One had triple cases with i think a 5.0,  the other had dual ultimates.

JJtruggy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
Thats very cool!  :smokin:

Toyota :pokinit: is amazing!!!!!

pumkin toy

• Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Do You Know A Sweeney Bro?
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
a friend of mine was running 47 ltbs with 17' beadlocks on his buggy. (twisted customs chassis with 20 ton prtal axles)   he didnt like how stiff they were.  it took him like 2 years to break them in. they seemed like a really strong tire though.  but because they were so stiff he didnt get nearly as good of traction as the tires he ran before.  now he runs 42" sticky krawlers on 20" beadlocks which are obviously way better! haha
97 4runner Limited
4runner Build Thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54076.1410#lastPost

Started my own fab business recently check out the website  www.c4fabrication.com

also follow C4Fab on facebook for regular updates on projects. http://www.facebook.com/pages/C4-Fabrication/454285357953823

JJtruggy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '12
    • View Profile
My 42 Iroks work pretty well... Not stickies but they are soft. My complaint is they get damage very easily
compared to a TSL or SX or LTB.. I have had several buddies just crawling along and ripped sidewalls, one
buddy even cut a gash 8 inches long down the center of the tread blocks and his tires are like 95% tread!!! :hammerhead:

Part of the reason the LTB needs broken in is thicker sidewall and carcass so I thinking a stronger more reliable tire
than the Iroks?

Also the LTB is made in China and the rubber is not as soft but is super burly!!!!