Author Topic: Portable DVD Players  (Read 1675 times)

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
Portable DVD Players
« on: Feb 15, 2005, 10:49:22 AM »
   I am looking to purchase one for our long drive to northern Washington. This will help keep the three little ones occupied for some of the trip  :popcorn:  I know nothing about them, and am seeking some insight on what to buy. Such as brand names, prices, portability, size, ect..ect..
    Thanks  :beer: 
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: Portable DVD Players
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2005, 11:02:28 AM »
honestly, if you have a laptop that plays them, you are better off going that way.  Those things are expensive, my sister wanted one, but she would up getting a laptop that could play them, it was a lot more practical.  You can get a converter box at wallys world that plugs into your cig lighter and converts the current to A/C ? power 110v  plug and plug it in. Ive used the portable dvd players, and for the most part have been dissapointed, the screen is way to small, and the sound is crappy
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

TrackVino

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 1,038
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Rocking and Rollin with Marlin!!!
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2005, 05:16:08 PM »
There not that bad, a friend let me heres when I took my little one on a long trip, just purchased a radio transmitter thing that just plugs into the cigaret lighter, and the DVD, then you just turn to a certain radio chanel to listen to the DVD,

The DVD player was on sale at Wal Mart, it had two screens, and played really nicely. My baby just loved watching Baby Einstein in the car.

mudguts [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2005, 09:42:23 PM »
Looks like I'll be making an hour drive to Walled Mart. A few other people have recommended them also. Dual screen sounds good, but my youngest one who rides in the middle may need glasses after our trip  :eyecrazy:
Blackdog, I just bought a new desk top so a lap top is kinda outta the question, Ma would  :_order: me if I told her we were getting another pc. Thanks guys  :beerchug:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »
I watch movie on my laptop and I :love: it and I also have an FM transmiter that plugs in the headphone jack and I just tune it in on the radio. :thumbs:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2005, 01:00:31 PM »
way back when in the early 90s my folks bought one of those big conversion vans with the TV and VCR.  My dad was Air Force, so whenever we moved, load up the kids, and drive across country. That van has gone from KS to DE via OK, from DE to OK and from OK to CA, plus multiple trips to TX and CO.  Now my dad lives in it when he sits standby in LA (airline pilot)
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent