Author Topic: Does anybody know anything about all of the missing Yota's in Nor-Cal?  (Read 16360 times)

RUGER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 17669
  • Male Posts: 1,027
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
There has been a rash of stolen Toyotas here too. I swear the theives are trolling the 4x4 boards. Careful what you post up about your location, truck & tools these days.

i have a feeling they are doing this too...unfortunally.

happy trails
rich *ruger* :usa: :turtle:
:usa: GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:

"the hag" 83 toy with 5" all-pro lift, marlin crawler dual case #1011 and marlin hy-steer, 35s, 5.29's, exo cage, yada, yada, yada. she's back in black.

97 F250
84 Grand Waggy
77 Scout II SS
96 Explorer Sport
20 F150

USN SEABEE 2008-2012 :usa:
run with THE PACK 4wdc of los osos
NRA life member

Wheelinwoodman [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -40
  • Male Posts: 145
  • Member since Jan '05
  • crap stains
    • View Profile
Hey everybody  thanks for the response.  I did not know that this many people knew that this was happening.  I know that it is happening everywhere, and it needs to be a collective effort by everybody in our tight knit community to keep an eye out for any of these rigs.  These theifs are good and we need to be better.  Nobody really knows how all of these rigs are being transported, but they have that all worked out.  I think the best answer is chaining your rig to a post concreted into the ground, and some citizen justice.  Thanks everybody for your ideas and concerns.  Keep intouch, and spread the word.

Jake :dunno:
It goes, but is it ever finished?

BLUCRUZ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 241
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Mar '04
  • CA4WD LIFE MEMBER
    • View Profile
 :offtopic: Wheelinwoodman, were you filling up at the fastrip tonight about 7 or so? If so Hey

I have started chaining my steering wheel to the roll cage with the wheels turned all the way to one side, They'll have to be quick cause my dog only barks if there is something going on & I can be out the door with the 12 guage In less than 8 sec. If the gun don't scare em, my big white naked  :banana: self will!
72 FJ40. 350 Multiport EFI, turbo 400, ORION T-case, 35 Procomp's  disk brakes front & rear, ARB's F&R and an onboard shower for the ladies!
86 sr-5 4runner SAS conversion. E-lockers F&R, 5.29's 4.7 Marlin case.

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
If the gun don't scare em, my big white naked :banana: self will!
:funny:

Wheelinwoodman [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • crap stains
    • View Profile
I am sorry to say that I was not at fastrip lastnight filling up, and I think that my truck was at home.  I was supose to go wheelin' lastnight, but that all fell apart at the last minute.  I am sure that I will see you around.

Jake

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
This fits right in.  Last weekend My friend and I were out at this local place we go wheelin.  And we were doing some trap shooting when these two guy's drove up in a hevily modified 4-runner :drool: .  We put our guns in the truck as they aproched.  One got out and asked that we didnt shoot in the dirrection we were because they would be in that area, we agreed.... About 25min later we decided to go down were they were and see what they were up to :headscratch:.   When we found them we also found four toyota 4x4 that had been stolen and hidden deep in the bushes.  They were stripping parts of of them as we got out of the truck one of the guy's  ran to the 4-runner and let out a pitbull and threatend both my friend and I, we reached in the truck and grabed our shotgun's and told the guy's that they had to leave :bat: .  luckily they did not put up a fight and they left.  We knew the guy who owned the property and he called the police, they came and got the trucks as well as finger prints and a photo off my digital camera phone of both the fool's.  Now that i think about it i wish i hadnt pulled out the gun because we would be in deep :pokinit: if someone got shot.  Let this warn those who steal others property of any kind, some may not be as generous as my friend and I and they just might give you what you deserve............................. A proper Crucifiction.   

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Whiteman, you shoulda shot em where their balls are sposta be, then called the cops!!!!!  I've had enough dealings with the cops, and been friends with enough of em to know that if you hit a criminal with say a pipe or a bat, you don't tell the cops what happened, just say the guy fell down the stairs or out of your truck when you caught him.  Sometimes if they're keen to what's up and empathetic they'll "overlook" the pipe in your hand.  Seriously though,  I've had a hard time sleepin lately and am considerin locking my truck behind the gate till I move, and leavin out my roommates dog.  He's not mean but has a vicious bark and a tendency to nip at people he doesn't know.  As far as chainin up your truck, as I was reading it I thought of welding four heavy eyes(cut pipe in half, weld around entire axle with a heavy eye pokin out the back) to the back of your back axle and runnin all four of them with HEAVY chain to anchor points in a slab.  If I remember I'll snap a pic of the cable anchors we have at work to hold docks in place, they lay down flush and are super strong, you'd hafta have a big torch to get it off, and for those who own their house why not redo the driveway with four anchors, one for each corner of either axle.  And while I was checkin on my new place today(out in the boonies where crooks don't come) I found a short but very beefy chain layin in the middle of the highway, and figured I could use it to chain my shifter to a link brought up through the floor of the cab.  I also thought about making a very stout lockable door for the t-case shifter, since they're easy to remove quickly, so you just shift into nuetral, take it out and lock the little door.  They can't drive it then!  Sad that we hafta go to such extremes and be so paranoid.  How many trucks that have been stolen had Marlin stickers on em?  Another member had two stolen with that sticker on em, and thought there could be a correlation, which could be right.  Cmon, let's hear some more brain storms,     Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Wheelinwoodman [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jan '05
  • crap stains
    • View Profile
Around here they have not been discrimanateing (sp, how cares though).  They have been taking anything not nailed down, I just hope that Karma is hot on their tails.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Yknow, a thought occurs to me: Anybody who lives in/near the bay area probably knows that motorcycle theft is a huge problem, and on the bay area riders forum they have a section for stolen bikes, just like a parts for sale or off topic section.  Maybe it's time we set one up on this site to keep better track of this, and make it easier for people to post stolen trucks or check for them if they see something suspicious.  Just a thought, but maybe the time has come..............Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Sadly I think your correct. :(   
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8529
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
I just park mine under my bedroom window, all is well.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

awhotrods

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 154
  • Male Posts: 1,203
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
This is ridiculous!!!  I can't believe these idiots are getting away with this many yota's!!!   :mad:   I also live in nor-cal and have had trouble sleeping the last few weeks.  I keep my other car parked behind my truck every night now, so if they want it, they'll have to steal two cars!!!  :thpst:

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
I too think there should be a section for stolen trucks on this site, with as much information as we can get on each one. Year, color, kinda tires, mods VIN #, Tag#, owners name and where it was taken. Once we get enough info on this we will start seeing similarities in the thefts.

Also with all the people poping in on this forum there is a possibility the thiefs are reading this forum.

I hope we can make a differance.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
notice they are doing all this stealing in norCal,   now washington, Arkansas, Texas, rural florida,   hmmm seems the thought of a redneck with big dogs and large caliper weapons makes them :aaa:

a few months ago i came home late about 9pm it was dark but since my dog is white i saw him quik,    he was standing on the hood of my celica  with about 3 feet of cable still attached to his collar,  and some black ass behind the wheel of my celica,   he had it hotwired already,  damn shame for him the motor was on the bench,   Nitro stayed  guard till the cops got here,  turned out dude had shot his wife and was running from the cops,

:therethere: good doggy
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
oh  just so you know he bit the cable in too :ack:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
NICE,  too bad he didn't get to do a little chewin on the guy.  All I know is I'm never gonna post that I live in Santa Cruz anymore, don't want to temp any lurkers,     Nate
RIP KYOTA

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
NICE,  too bad he didn't get to do a little chewin on the guy.  All I know is I'm never gonna post that I live in Santa Cruz anymore, don't want to temp any lurkers,     Nate
me > :slap: < nate   you just did you big dummy

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
NICE, too bad he didn't get to do a little chewin on the guy. All I know is I'm never gonna post that I live in Santa Cruz anymore, don't want to temp any lurkers, Nate
me > :slap: < nate you just did you big dummy
:funny: thats what I was gonna tell em but when I scrolled up I saw ya beat me to it. :yupyup:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
That's what makes it funny :thumbs:  :psss: I don't really live there, but don't tell anybody ok?    Where I'm movin to my roommates piece-o-crap dog will bark incessently if anybody comes on the property so I'll be ok.  Also on the drive home I got this genious idea; my fuel pump is on a toggle switch, so why not build a panel with like 20 toggles all hooked to one, two or three loud ass horns and one(only I know which one) hooked to the fuel pump.  I gotta chuckle while I'm writin this cause I'm picturin some richard tryin to steal my truck in a parkin lot and three horns goin off at the same time.......oh no, another one just hit me.  Get the most annoying horns I can, like the dukes of hazard horn, old timey oouuuuuggaaaa horn and ??????I'm serisously  :rofl:  :rofl:  right now,    Nate
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Thank god I don't really drink,  can you picture me tryin to leave the bar a little toasty,  cops sittin in the parkin lot bsin like they always do,  and me hittin every switch but the right one?  Trajic I tells ya,     Nate
RIP KYOTA

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
Hopefully i should be ok.  I live in a gated community, so they can't get in with a car.  don't thin they will run 2 miles to my house just to steel a pos toyota when they don't even know were i live.      :dunno:

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
That's what makes it funny :thumbs: :psss: I don't really live there, but don't tell anybody ok? Where I'm movin to my roommates piece-o-crap dog will bark incessently if anybody comes on the property so I'll be ok. Also on the drive home I got this genious idea; my fuel pump is on a toggle switch, so why not build a panel with like 20 toggles all hooked to one, two or three loud ass horns and one(only I know which one) hooked to the fuel pump. I gotta chuckle while I'm writin this cause I'm picturin some richard tryin to steal my truck in a parkin lot and three horns goin off at the same time.......oh no, another one just hit me. Get the most annoying horns I can, like the dukes of hazard horn, old timey oouuuuuggaaaa horn and ??????I'm serisously :rofl: :rofl: right now, Nate
:funny:

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
:tantrum: All kidding aside you know this is no laughing matter. We all need to put our heads together and put a stop to this. A simple hidden battery disconnect will help keep it from being hot wired, but being able to put the trans in two gears at the same time will help it from just rolling away. Also the EFI relay makes a good key if you take it out.

Just found this. Best $18 you could spend.  http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/CatalogOrderSearch?sku=wb150856y&storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&searchbtn.x=13&searchbtn.y=8
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
Has anybody tried to find a ground problem before? Then you know how much of a pain it is. Don't switch the positive , switch the negitive. The theif wil be scratching their head on this.
I agree, tring to find a bad ground is a PITA

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
years ago my dad had a locksmith business in dallas, he used a key switch mounted in the fender with LOUD horn and siren that triggered by the door opening, (dome light switch)  if you didnt turn the alarm off befor you opened the door,  everybody within 5 blocks would be looking to see what was making all the racket

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
I wish we could post ideas on here on how to protect our vehicles but the problem with that is that the theives my be lurking in these very forums :rivers: .   So keep your  :crossed: and do what ever it takes to keep our toys safe,  the more pain broght upon theives :bat:  :brick:  the less likley thay will steal :aaa: .

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
How bout C-4 under da seat :disturbed: It wont take but a few ta die I think they would stop. :yesnod:

RUGER

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 17669
  • Male Posts: 1,027
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
How bout C-4 under da seat :disturbed: It wont take but a few ta die I think they would stop. :yesnod:

c-4 would be good but that will blow the crap out of yer rig too. plus the possibility of you forgetting sometime is high...or letting a friend borrow it and they don't know.

happy trails
rich *ruger*  :usa:  :turtle:
:usa: GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:

"the hag" 83 toy with 5" all-pro lift, marlin crawler dual case #1011 and marlin hy-steer, 35s, 5.29's, exo cage, yada, yada, yada. she's back in black.

97 F250
84 Grand Waggy
77 Scout II SS
96 Explorer Sport
20 F150

USN SEABEE 2008-2012 :usa:
run with THE PACK 4wdc of los osos
NRA life member

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com

c-4 would be good but that will blow the crap out of yer rig too. plus the possibility of you forgetting sometime is high...or letting a friend borrow it and they don't know.

happy trails
rich *ruger* :usa: :turtle:
            1st a small price 2 pay for the greater good of toyota's :_oops:
            2nd Ya jus have 2 make a mental note  :headscratch:
            3rd I NEVER LOAN OUT MY RIG !!!  :tantrum: My Ol'Lady don't even drive it :gap:

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
[            3rd I NEVER LOAN OUT MY RIG !!!  :tantrum: My Ol'Lady don't even drive it :gap:
   :ha_ha:  :hahaha:  :rofl:  :rofl:  I just about died :funny:  the smiley made it perfect :rofl:  :rofl2:  :rofl2: