Author Topic: Does anybody know anything about all of the missing Yota's in Nor-Cal?  (Read 16364 times)

Wheelinwoodman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -40
  • Male Posts: 145
  • Member since Jan '05
  • crap stains
    • View Profile
Hey everybody, this is getting out of control up there, as I am sure it is everywhere.  Since right after Thanksgiving there has been a string of Toyota thefts.  Around here ( Chico, Paradise, and Oroville area), the theifs are targeting 84-88, and not partial about what they are taking.  It started off as one a week, and has turned into two a week.  What is crazy, is that none of these trucks and 4-Runners are being found.
I just got off of the Pirate board, and a guy in Grass Valley had his truck riped off at a shop.  The cops found it, and it was in an impound yard.  I asked him where the impound yard was, and hopeing that maybe some of the Yota's will turn up.  He said that there was about eight of them that the police found in an area right outside of Grass Valley (near Greenhorn).
If anybody has heard about any parts cheap (I mean cheaper than they should be by god), please pass on the information to this post.

Thanks.
It goes, but is it ever finished?

lowgeared

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 556
  • Member since Oct '03
    • View Profile
How are they stealing these?  Hot wiring or on a trailer?  I want to try and keep mine safe??   :crossed:  :crossed:
Friends help you move.  Real friends help you move bodies.

Willy Mammoth

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Tape a 12 gauge shot gun along side the steering colum and tie a string from the trigger to the gas pedel. That should not only keep your truck at home, but everybody else's as well.

The only problem with this is the  :jail: time.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
Ya know, WT always semes ta be getting a lot of yota part REALY cheap. wonder if he know's anything?  :headscratch:

:rofl:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Well youd find bits of whoever was doing it. :disturbed:  I wounder if there would be enough dental work left for identiacation? ???

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
 :screwy: Don't you have to have dental records in the first place to be identified? :rofl2: no teeth no records :rofl:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
I know something about it...I know that I'm glad to live in NC; far, far away form Cali
That's how I roll

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2005, 07:21:01 PM by Willy Mammoth »

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
The sad truth is, if you don't care about the truck it only takes about 10 seconds or less to steal an unlocked Toy, and 30 if you do care.  We were kinda talkin about this when another member got his truck stolen and people were comin up with some good ideas on making them harder to steal.  It'd be nice to make it so you have such an intricate starting ritual that the thiefs lose interest or fear gettin caught and give up.      Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
You know, I am almost glad that my truck isnt running right now, I'd like to see someone steal it, it wouldnt get two feet before blowing up.  Sorry to all that have been ripped off,  :rivers:  I know how much cash and time I have out into my truck, and I havent put near as much work as some of you other guys
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Trade Count: (-2)
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Damn!!!!.That sucks!!!...A while back I heard they caught some cats that were ripping off nothing but solid axled Toys,and taking them to Central America....It's pretty f^(#ed up though,My dads clean 1981 Toy was stolen from his work last August.Luckily his truck was found,but with no tires and wheels,and no stereo or his offroad lights.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
I have serious issues with people that will steal vehicles.  Steal my stereo see if I care, Ive had so many ripped off I stopped doing full installs on them.  I just slip them in the dash and leave the face on so they dont destroy my dash again.  But my vehicle is a totally different story.  Granted there is basically no auto theft within 50 miles of my place and I leave the keys in my rigs at all times so I dont lose them. :greengrin:  But it'd make me sick and then extremely violent if my truck did get ripped off!  I really hope someone besides the cops find the guilty party(s)
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

guywithuglyyota

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
I would suggest etching all of your running gear with the vehicles vin. People with higher end cars have there glass etched since its a pain for the chop shop to replace all the glass in the car once stolen. The CHP is now looking at no less than four locations for vin numbers on cars being registered for the state. I figure if you mark or even weld some sort of Vin plate on various running gear in a visible location, the thief (who we assume knows toyota drivetrain) will be discouraged to take it. Lojack is expensive but how much do you love your truck? even if they wreck it in some chase Im sure most parts will survive. I hate being paranoed about my 81 truck of all things getting stolen, so I just try to park in well lit areas, use a kill switch (not under dash) and make sure I lock her up at all times!

:twocents:

this is pricey but might work if you figure out shes stolen before they find the antenna (use your ninja skills to hide it well) http://omnigps.com/products_jr.htm

this ones cool http://home.comcast.net/~btborst/7100.html
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2005, 02:34:45 AM by guywithuglyyota »
Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
Ya know, WT always semes ta be getting a lot of yota part REALY cheap. wonder if he know's anything? :headscratch:
:rofl:
:_oops2: BUSTED !!! :jail:

:psss: J/K WT You know we  :love: ya and were jus' pickin'

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Hey Fat boy, when is that shipment of toyotas do in? :ha_ha:

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
Should be sometime this afternoon. Do ya still want the duel cases. ?

:ha_ha:

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
 :tantrum: All kidding aside you know this is no laughing matter. We all need to put our heads together and put a stop to this. A simple hidden battery disconnect will help keep it  from being hot wired, but being able to put the trans in two gears at the same time will help it from just rolling away. Also the EFI relay makes a good key if you take it out.

WHITE_TRASH

• Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
Well I got an alarm on mine and lojack on my FATBOY And I Know if someone wants to steal my ride all it will do is descurage a wanna be thef :yupyup:

There is NOTHING that will stop a true thef.  :tantrum:

Except my .45 :disturbed:

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Has anybody tried to find a ground problem before? Then you know how much of a pain it is. Don't switch the positive , switch the negitive. The theif wil be scratching their head on this.

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
Yeah BUT what if there towing the yodas or puttin em on a rollback ?

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
I like my idea, granted you can get around it with a pair of bolt cutters, but if you get a cut resistant lock where thereisnt a big arm it would work a lot better.  I wanna weld a chain link to my tranny shifter, and a chain link to my t-case shifter.  Then I can put my tranny in say 2nd, 4th, or reverse, and then lock it up.  The crooks wouldnt be able to shift out or gear, and my truck doesnt like starting out in 2nd, and theirs no way in hell it would go anywhere locked in 4th.  And if you lock it in reverse and back into your spot  :dunno: its gonna be fun to get out of that one.  Or you could just bolt a electric fence controller to the body, and set up a remote, and   :flamer:  their  :moon:

My dad used to leave his t-case in nuetral on his landcruiser back in the early 90s, and he actually had a guy break in, stole some of his tapes and stuff, got the truck hotwired, but then couldnt figure out how to get it to roll anywhere :rofl:  the guy just didnt think about it.  My dad came out of work and found his landcruiser already warmed up for him (Feb in Colorado)

What if there was a way to remove the stick of a tranny?  i dunno how, but mabye a twist lock type of connection, so you put the stick in the hole, push down, and twist, and it locks into place, then it is ready to drive.  Then when you get somewhere, you park, put it in gear, push down, twist the stick, and it pops out.  Then the crook has no shifter, and you have a handy club to beat people with
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

83yota

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Member since Mar '04
  • rollin my nike's
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
its kinda funny because i joke about my dogs alot but when my friend and i went to the candian river ( in TX) i woke up to my dog growling (rotts dont normally growl) and a guy yelling. i ran out of the tent and there was a guy laying on the seat of my truck with my male on his chest ( male weight almost 200lbs) and my female attached to his leg. i called the cops and the first guy to arrive was an off duty cop at the river with his silver 83 toyota and the guy knew he was FU#%ed then
85 toyta 4runner Soon to be full widths... i hope http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=62935.0

90 toyota runner Very sadly gone
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75563.60

Mike D

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Male Posts: 1,902
  • Member since Jun '04
  • MMMMMMMMMM........
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Have any of you guys heard of interior alarms or even heard them go off they are absolutly deafining i heard one from about 10 feet away and my ears were ringing like freakin crazy and that was only one they are cheap to buy and car toys and places like that have them. i will be getting four of them in my runner  :shocking:
87 runner, 4" trailmaster lift, 33" TSL/SX, 5.29's V6 e-locker, 22re that cost too much

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Yeah BUT what if there towing the yodas or puttin em on a rollback ?

Back to the LoJack, It might get away, but not for long.

You could put all kinds of gear locks and stuff to keep it from rolling, but it is no problem to drag it up on a flat bed or dolly it unless you chain it down.

I have a 3/8" case hard chain holding my trailer to a 2'x2' block of concrete 3' under the ground, but even that isn't fool proof.

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Need to make up warning lables that say "Warning this vehicle is protected by an anti personal device"

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
its kinda funny because i joke about my dogs alot but when my friend and i went to the candian river ( in TX) i woke up to my dog growling (rotts dont normally growl) and a guy yelling. i ran out of the tent and there was a guy laying on the seat of my truck with my male on his chest ( male weight almost 200lbs) and my female attached to his leg. i called the cops and the first guy to arrive was an off duty cop at the river with his silver 83 toyota and the guy knew he was FU#%ed then

:funny:  :rofl:  :rofl: My friends rott is the nicest, sweetest most well mannered dog I've ever seen, but an akita decided to mess with him one day and they said he grabbed it by the midsection and threw it over ten feet.  I want a rott just for campin and truck protection now,     Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLUCRUZ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 241
  • Male Posts: 470
  • Member since Mar '04
  • CA4WD LIFE MEMBER
    • View Profile
2 more in the last 24 hours, the 4runner in Rocklin this morning and last night a 85 truck in Chico...WTF IS GOING ON?
72 FJ40. 350 Multiport EFI, turbo 400, ORION T-case, 35 Procomp's  disk brakes front & rear, ARB's F&R and an onboard shower for the ladies!
86 sr-5 4runner SAS conversion. E-lockers F&R, 5.29's 4.7 Marlin case.

Prismo

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8529
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
There has been a rash of stolen Toyotas here too. I swear the theives are trolling the 4x4 boards. Careful what you post up about your location, truck & tools these days.
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

RUGER

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 17669
  • Male Posts: 1,027
  • Member since May '02
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
this stealing of yotas is scaring me.
i'm tempted to leave it home than bring it up to sac. i really hate theifs. :maddest:
anyone in norcal i'm in for a stakeout.

happy trails
rich *ruger* :usa:  :turtle:
:usa: GOD BLESS AMERICA :usa:

"the hag" 83 toy with 5" all-pro lift, marlin crawler dual case #1011 and marlin hy-steer, 35s, 5.29's, exo cage, yada, yada, yada. she's back in black.

97 F250
84 Grand Waggy
77 Scout II SS
96 Explorer Sport
20 F150

USN SEABEE 2008-2012 :usa:
run with THE PACK 4wdc of los osos
NRA life member