Author Topic: The story of my weekend.  (Read 564 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,056
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
The story of my weekend.
« on: Mar 13, 2011, 09:45:08 PM »
My weekend started on Friday with doing some general house cleaning and a trip to Lowe's to prepare for some home projects.  My wife and I are expecting our first child in a couple of months so we're going through a bit of a transformation on the home front.  This weekend the goals grew as we walked the aisles at Lowes.  When we left we had two new toilet seats, a new kitchen faucet, new mini blinds for two windows and a bunch of stuff to organize a closet.  I figured that I'd get a jump on the installs on Saturday night so started with changing the kitchen faucet.  It was a nightmare!  The nut on the underside of the sink simply wouldn't come loose.  After a trip to the neighbors and Lowe's for additional tools I finally started destroying the faucet from the top down.  Thankfully, the largest metal piece on the topside was just a hair larger than the hole so I ended up forcing it through the hole with a hammer after completely removing the sink.  Even with the piece completely removed the nut still wouldn't budge.  I finally went to be about midnight with it almost finished.  Sunday morning I made a quick trip to Ace to get the adapters to connect the hot and cold water.  It was painful but finally a success.  My wife installed the toilet seats while I ripped out her closet and started installing the Rubbermaid closet organization system.  It was actually really easy other than we managed to get the wrong support brackets for the system we were using.  I think we made four trips to Lowe's this weekend, the final one to return all the parts we didn't use.  After that we headed to the mall to get me some bigger pants.  I don't know if it's sympathetic baby weight or not but my pants are certainly too small.  After wearing the same size for years (32/32)  it was time to step up to the next larger waist.  I picked up a pair of Carhardt flannel lined jeans for Moab and had to laugh when the size that fit was a 34/30.  It seems I’m getting shorter as well as gaining weight!  In any case, it was a successful hunt for cloths so I should be good for a long time again.  Everything but the mini blinds were installed and we only have a few projects left before we’re ready for the arrival of our son.  If you're thinking about a new kitchen faucet, don't!
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved