Author Topic: Rebuild of hackjob 93 ex cab. Selling/trading?  (Read 18672 times)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
And your wrench monkey made you get up at 10am to do it!
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -9
  • Male Posts: 1,018
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
haha thanks buddy.
96 horunner 3.4 elocker armored
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
garage is super messy but here it is

86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
Still looks like a hack job :rofl:
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I hope he doesnt try to drive it like that... those tubes arent welded in... AND you can see the ear of a brake caliper sitting ABOVE THE BODY MOUNT (stupid body lifts leave room to set stuff like that)

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
buying 63s friday and another set of rears to mix up front. Thinking on buying skys 63 hanging kit comes with shackles and all and their rear shock hoop. any one think its worth it? I have to way to cut and fab metal so don't say make your own. I'm going for the fastest easiest route.

86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
I ran both on my 92. worked very well!
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

Montana300

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 12
  • Member since Dec '10
    • View Profile
The color of orange on your truck is awesome i have never seen an orange truck before.
84 Toyota Pickup, 5'in lift, 4'in trail gear front leafs, 5'in shackles, and High Steer.

81_yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -41
  • Male Posts: 299
  • Member since Apr '10
  • Parcore !
    • View Profile
i would so paint my truck that color

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
thanks, im leaning twards repainting it tan like sand color. but then i dont know. sorry no updates. got a 5 leaf ruf built now. got my 63s the other day, ordered my hanger kit from sky might be a lil bit their welder/machinist is very very sick like hospital sick so i dunno. got my daystar bushings for the 63s though. gonna try to knock out the rest of the front end saturday and get some pictures up.

need to figure out if i want to move my box up, or get a flat pitman arm, or a 2wd pitman.
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
still to tall for my liking, gonna do the rear suspension soon, got 63s to put on and see what happens. still going to ditch the 3" body lift, and trying to figure out what to run for shocks. but heres a few pictures. got my tires mounted up on sr5 wheels.

86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
Yeah raise back and lower it all

Twisted Minis

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 1,022
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
Good that you're saving this. Do you still need some motor mounts? I have a stock 2WD clip I can cut the stock mounts off of if they will work. Its going to scrap soon so I don't need it.
2002 Dodge 2500 Cummins

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Male Posts: 2,779
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
sweet truck man. where you live in oregon?

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Good that you're saving this. Do you still need some motor mounts? I have a stock 2WD clip I can cut the stock mounts off of if they will work. Its going to scrap soon so I don't need it.
that would be sweet pm'd you. thanks. yeah im trying to save it lol
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2011, 03:48:48 PM by fade »
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
sweet truck man. where you live in oregon?

thanks, I live down in florence where you at?

Some days I look at this pile though and wish I woulda kept my 4runner i'd already be sas'd and on my way to gettin the rear leaf'd. but then I woulda had to do a 3.4 and 5 speed swap. ehhh... guess either way both woulda been a money pit.
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
im in milwaukie so pretty much portland. but i go their every now and then my dads favorite golf course is sand pines lol

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I live a block away from sand pines

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
i rember seeing a lifted truck by their last time was their for thanks giving

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
well next time your down send me a pm or something or pm me and i'll give you my number.
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
bog sand pines is over on 35th. your by ocean dunes golf links. not that i ever go golfing or anything lol just know the area.
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
lol, whatever, I knew that didnt sound right, we have two lame golf courses in our little chitty town?

83 Crawler

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
lol, whatever, I knew that didnt sound right, we have two lame golf courses in our little chitty town?

my dad has golfed every golf course in Oregon. and in palm springs , Arizona, Utah,and  Hawaii but his all time favorite is still sand pines. so it must be pretty nice

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
I got a new exhaust monday, 2.25 pipe from header back to a 20" resignator, and a magnaflow. I found out I have a miss now after being able to hear the truck run not open header. Need to get new fuel injectors, I'm pretty broke right now, gotta save up to get some dental work done. but I should be putting on shock hoops this weekend, and maybe getting the 63s in i hope.
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
Has hoops but hackjob is showing though, frame rails kinda thin with some small holes from previous hack! Welder sucks, both the machine and operator!
Has rear bolt kit for chevies now

fade [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
Let me say 2 things after today.
1. don't buy a truck thats sas'd do it your self it will save you tons of cussing and cutting off some one else's hacked up booger welded idk wtf crap.

2. DON'T EVER THINK ABOUT BUYING SKYS OFF ROAD DESIGN PRODUCTS. THEY ARE CHEAP, NO QUAILTY IN CRAFTSMANSHIP. They for got 4 nuts in my chevy hanger kit, and you have to drill out the things to fit right. and they kinda don't really sit even on the frame. pissed off!

only progress today was 1 chevy 70% in. all day spent cutting and griding and running to the store for bolts, drill bit, ect.....
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
I will have to agree, FTS, my head hurts, my kid is totally upset with fades STUPID TOYOTA

THIS CHIT SUCKS

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 1,590
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Back at it after 5 years!
    • View Profile
Dang... sorry to hear about the f'd up stuff. Your truck looked like mine when I got it: pretty f'd up in the wrong places. There's still some shock tower bits on the frame from when PO dingbat chopped em off to put on "stainless" shock hoops. Yes, he said "stainless" hoops...  :slap:

Let's just say they are rather stained... with failure.

Hope your springs/etc come together nice-n-easy...  :crossed:

>>Dan
ASE certified shadetree mechanic and spoon operator
IronClad: If I wanted to hold hands and be nice I'd become a hippie.
85 4Runner, duals, 38s, 5.29s, locked, 3.4 swapped, GranVille Edition

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
were them stainless welded to the frame or bolted i hope bolted imo stainless should never be welded to non stainless it weekens it
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours