Author Topic: Need some helo / info ?  (Read 1586 times)

PadawanYota_Stovy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 154
  • Member since Apr '09
  • I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota
    • View Profile
Need some helo / info ?
« on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:16:46 PM »
hey guys I need some more help out another 22re , this time is in my 87 4runner that recently has a brand new head , valves , cam and gasket seal kit put . Runs like a champ now. A few problems we are having is that my temp gauge is not reading at all, it had before . Also we are some how not getting any power to my back window so it won't go down . Can one help or send some suggestions ? thanks in advanced .

Stats : 85 Toyota 22RE , 3" body lift, 32" wild country's, Duel Marlin, Lock rights front and rear, full inside cage. 

I drive , I wheel , I crawl , I am Toyota

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Need some helo / info ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:41:15 PM »
i'd say check your ground from the back of the head to the firewall.  both issues could be the same bad ground.
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

8D3TOY

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2010, 08:35:42 AM »
The switch on the 4runner is pretty basic.  The window quit on mine and I took the switch apart and cleaned and tweaked the contacts, been trouble free for 5+ years now.  May be an electrical problem but dont overlook that switch.

howyadoin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2010, 09:44:24 AM »
The switch on the 4runner is pretty basic.  The window quit on mine and I took the switch apart and cleaned and tweaked the contacts, been trouble free for 5+ years now.  May be an electrical problem but dont overlook that switch.

I've done the same thing on a couple occasions...doesn't take much to fix.  .02  Also, a test light is your friend. :thumbs:
"Flexes like a boneless hooker on muscle relaxers"

PadawanYota_Stovy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2010, 03:27:51 PM »
we have had to check / clean switch before and jumped some wires . So we did that again . But haven't put a new switch in . The 4runner is also have a very time start in the mooring , it takes at least 5 tries to completely start. Any ideas here ?

Stats : 85 Toyota 22RE , 3" body lift, 32" wild country's, Duel Marlin, Lock rights front and rear, full inside cage. 

Oddmar

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 74
  • Male Posts: 402
  • Member since Aug '04
  • J3 Productions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2010, 05:59:36 AM »
Sorry man, i don't know too much about helicopters... :hammer:

Just FYI, there is a relay box for the rear window, it is located in the stupidest place...behind the driver's door in the side of the truck.

I just wired a heavy 30amp center-off momentary rocker switch (on-off-on, DPDT) to the motor in the rear gate, just have to be careful not to put the window up when the gate is open or the top is off.
The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Only when i am finished will there be peace: The peace of an empty wind as it blows across a land strewn with the bones of my enemies.

PadawanYota_Stovy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2010, 08:29:04 PM »
OK thanks guys . We got the window to go down . And we know motor is working . Some how it is not getting power to the back so it is a trace it down problem . i also need one help with the Cold start system ? This 4runner just doesn't wanna start in below freezing temps . It just rolls over over and over. We did put a new battery it in 1000 cold cranking amps below 0 duruolast batter . Any thoughts here ?

4RunnerChevy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 1,426
  • Member since Sep '08
  • Santa Cruz Mountains
    • View Profile
    • Santa Cruz Wheelers
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2010, 08:43:48 PM »
OK thanks guys . We got the window to go down . And we know motor is working . Some how it is not getting power to the back so it is a trace it down problem . i also need one help with the Cold start system ? This 4runner just doesn't wanna start in below freezing temps . It just rolls over over and over. We did put a new battery it in 1000 cold cranking amps below 0 duruolast batter . Any thoughts here ?

Is that 5th injector working (assuming its a 22RE) ?  Is there fuel spraying out of it, when the engine is cold ?  You can check the plug at the injector, on a cold start with a good meter.  When I had my 22RE, I had so many problems with the cold start.  I finally just hooked up a button and pulsed it myself. Worked for years.

PadawanYota_Stovy [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »
OK so we got the 4runner to actually start on a regular basis's now , even under 32 degrees . I took out the out the cold start sense in front of the motor where to goes into the thermostat ( if that's the right one ) and notice a lot of oil and grunge in it from an oil leak I had. I cleaned it all out and seems to start but with like 5 turn starts on the motor before it finaly starts . I really to don't want to by pass the cold start system in case I have to sell and the next person i sell this too ends up with it later on down the road. This sensor is the size of a quarter and 2" around or so . We are not sure if is it out . Is there anything else I can check before we go out and spend another 150 on this part ?