Author Topic: Ideas & dates for mulitple BIG Toyota events next year  (Read 4466 times)

Volcom

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 269
  • Male Posts: 2,418
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rockfrogs.org
Ideas & dates for mulitple BIG Toyota events next year
« on: Nov 18, 2010, 08:49:49 AM »
I've always enjoyed the Colorado 4Runner Jamboree and have wanted to have more than 1 big event each year.  Anybody interested?  Maybe 2 or 3 events?  I still want to keep the CO4RJ around the same time frame (July 29th, 30th, and 31st for 2011).

What areas of CO could work for these events?  We pick BV for the CO4RJ because of the availability of free camping, central location between Denver and Colorado Springs / Pueblo (sorry GJ guys, it's a longer drive for you guys), and the variety of trails (easy, medium, and difficult).

Anybody want to help plan an event?
84 4Runner
Swapped EFI and a rebuilt 22RE
Marlin Dual Ultimate crawler
Marlin high steer
TG springs
5.29's, Aussie locked front and rear
39.5" Iroks on 15x10 2.5" backspaced wheels
109" wheelbase
Addicted Off Road 8 point cage
Addicted Off Road front bumper

Addicted Off Road

Colorado Marlin members, check out the Colorado section!!!

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,241
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
What other locations offer that variety of trails in Colorado?
 Grand Junction, Montrose, Summit County (more scenic than difficult), Silverton/Ouray/Telluride/Durango Area, Even a short weekend event to run the Penrose Independence trail system would be fun (I dont know if you can camp here or not)

Even though I missed this past CO4RJ, I do agree that we should have more events than just one. Even more so since it is now gaining  attention from everyone and getting pretty crowded and busy (not that that is a bad thing). Late June would probably be the earliest for trails to be open in the higher mountain locations, Unless we want to have a snow bashing event.
Colorado...its where the cool kids live

Volcom [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 269
  • Male Posts: 2,418
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rockfrogs.org
All good ideas!  A Grand Junction run would be fun but would take some planning because most of us have never been wheeling out there.  A snow bashing trip would be fun  :greengrin:
84 4Runner
Swapped EFI and a rebuilt 22RE
Marlin Dual Ultimate crawler
Marlin high steer
TG springs
5.29's, Aussie locked front and rear
39.5" Iroks on 15x10 2.5" backspaced wheels
109" wheelbase
Addicted Off Road 8 point cage
Addicted Off Road front bumper

Addicted Off Road

Colorado Marlin members, check out the Colorado section!!!

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
Rangley too. I am with you on never being out there though. Most of the other spots I listed are one heck of a drive for most of us

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 1,590
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Back at it after 5 years!
    • View Profile
Snowbashing in June? Gotta love Colorado...  8)

For these events... are you planning on weekend trips, holiday 3-4 day trips, week-long wheelfests? 

I'd be interested in seeing what's around the southwest chunk of Colorado; Ouray, Silverton, Telluride etc.

>>Dan
ASE certified shadetree mechanic and spoon operator
IronClad: If I wanted to hold hands and be nice I'd become a hippie.
85 4Runner, duals, 38s, 5.29s, locked, 3.4 swapped, GranVille Edition

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 99
  • Member since Jun '09
  • function WAAYYYYYY before from
    • View Profile
according to traildamage.com, it looks like there is 4 recognized (by them) rock crawling trails here in mesa county. 2 are easily accessed(sp?) from grand junction. and im not sure where the other 2 are. it looks like the entrance to one is off I70 up in the canyon (Cameo, handfull of miles east of Junction).
the last few times ive done the 2 trails from Junction ( 21rd and billings) we did the trails in about 3 hours each. thats probably a lot of interstate towing/driving for only a few hours of trails. i guess you could do a trail a day and when your done turn around and try the harder lines, to at least make a day out of it.
Or option #2 is doing the trails here in Junction then loading up and hitting the ones in montrose or head up to rangley or out to Moab. again alot of towing/driving. either idea makes for a short weekend of wheeling with all the driving.
so unfortunatley i undertand not having an event here in junction since most of the atendees will be form up the mountain. so all you guys need to move here. :smack:
signed
unforunately left out of the fun
thomas
 :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
11C's. We are snipers too, just with bigger bullets.
87 4runner- 3.4L, ARB f&r, 5.29, longs, 39.5in IROKS, duals with a 4.7, body and topper bob'd 11in, way too much lift, and an extremely high credit card parts bill!

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
I think it would be sweet to make a trip to Moab, since I have never made it out there. And since my current boss did not get re-elected I will be unemployed in about a week....Which mean plenty of time to wheel! (and look for work too I guess)

COwheeler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 38
  • Member since Nov '10
    • View Profile
I'm down for a few runs with some other yota boys.  towin heeps all the time isn't my idea of fun.

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
a junction event would be great, billings and 21 rd would take a full day each to run with a group of 5 or more rigs. there is an easier playground called bangs canyon up the road from billings.  and cameo is only open from july 1st to the end of november, but there are some good obstacles out there. it would also take a full day to run that trail.
and a new trail ive been running for the last yr is chancy canyon, it takes us 3 hrs for 4 rigs to run it.  if u would like to have u junction event, i will help out all i can. i might be able to come up with some free camping too

COToy91

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
  • Rollin on 37's
    • View Profile
a junction event would be great, billings and 21 rd would take a full day each to run with a group of 5 or more rigs. there is an easier playground called bangs canyon up the road from billings.  and cameo is only open from july 1st to the end of november, but there are some good obstacles out there. it would also take a full day to run that trail.
and a new trail ive been running for the last yr is chancy canyon, it takes us 3 hrs for 4 rigs to run it.  if u would like to have u junction event, i will help out all i can. i might be able to come up with some free camping too

We love our free camping lol

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 1,590
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Back at it after 5 years!
    • View Profile
Yep, so long as we keep the fuel cans away from open flames and those who partake of alcoholic beverages...   :gap:
ASE certified shadetree mechanic and spoon operator
IronClad: If I wanted to hold hands and be nice I'd become a hippie.
85 4Runner, duals, 38s, 5.29s, locked, 3.4 swapped, GranVille Edition

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
and a new trail ive been running for the last yr is chancy canyon, it takes us 3 hrs for 4 rigs to run it. 

wheres chancy canyon boggerrunner? is it close to junction??
87 4runner- 3.4L, ARB f&r, 5.29, longs, 39.5in IROKS, duals with a 4.7, body and topper bob'd 11in, way too much lift, and an extremely high credit card parts bill!

boggerunner

• Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
its up on horse moutain in palisade

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
its up on horse moutain in palisade

sweet. id like to join you guys next time you go if you will let me   :crossed:    :disturbed:. as soon as the oil pan swap is done, ssssooooooooooo next springish.

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2010, 03:05:59 PM by coloradocrawler »

boggerunner

• Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
oil pan swap?

coloradocrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jun '09
    • View Profile
yes. im going from a 3.4l IFS pan to the 3.4l 2wd pan. so i can finally put on the steering assist ive had in the garage for 4 years. im getting tired of being locked and having to do 2,857,268,493,826,548,607,837 point turns to get a slightly different line
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2010, 11:00:23 AM by coloradocrawler »