Author Topic: 91 reg cab 2wd - trade for longbed  (Read 5197 times)

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
91 reg cab 2wd - trade for longbed
« on: Jan 01, 2005, 04:59:12 PM »
Ok, new plan.  I really would rather have a longbed so if someone has one in similar condition I would definately consider trading.

ATTN:  I'm not in a position to sell this right away, but will be soon and need to try and drum up interest before hand and hopefully line up a buyer;

'91 Toyota reg cab 2wd, exc shape, light blue with nice matching shell.  I bought it from the original owner almost 2 years ago and just don't really need it.  The clearcoat is peeling off the top like most trucks of these years, and isn't fading on the hood yet but is turning slightly.  I actually preferred buying it this way so I knew it hadn't been wrecked and repainted.  The snug top shell is nearly perfect, and is five years newer than the truck.  The inside of the bed is in pretty good shape but has matching dents on the back of either wheelwell from a third member that didn't wanna stay still.  There are only a few very slight dings on the body, and if you wanted to have it repainted they would be very easyily fixed.  The dash has had a pad on it till I bought it(I have the cover but it needs more velcro) and is in good shape, as are the door panels, but the seat had the typical wear on it when I bought it, so I put a ghetto fix on it(which has held up ok) and bought a seat cover, which I have a new spare seat portion for it also.  The vinyl floor mat is in good shape except for the typical holes starting from my heels.  It starts and runs well and shifts nicely.  The timing chain was replaced less than 50,000 miles ago, and maybe even more recently, and she had all the maintenance/repairs done by the most reputable toy shop in town.  It is a bare bones model so it doesn't have a/c or power anything.  The worst mileage I've got so far is 25mpg, which would probably get better if you ditched the heavy shell.  I drove it down from Redding to below Laguna Seca last year and averaged over 28mpg, even with a heavy street bike in the back.  It has just shy of 178,000 miles, and it's a million mile odometer so it reads actual mileage.  It has good tires on the stock wheels, and they were recently balanced. 
  Hopefully I remembered everything, but if you have any questions post here and PM me and I'll get back to you asap.  I don't have pics yet but will snap some as soon as I get a good break in the weather, and will email anybody that's interested.  I'm open to offers, and will sell it a little cheaper without the shell, or if somebody wants just the shell I might seperate them if the price is right.   Nate
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2005, 10:38:25 PM by kneedownnate »
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: 91 reg cab 2wd
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2005, 06:07:37 PM »
I'll consider trades too, full or partial.  I really wanted a longbed for bike hauling since this is pretty short.  Last couple of guys that bought parts from me thought it was pretty clean.  It makes a great parts getter too, just doesn't suit my needs anymore, I'd rather build up my old one.  I'll give a member a better deal than the general public too cause I think they might respect it more, hopefully.    Nate
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Runninthetrails

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -7
  • Male Posts: 48
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Well what do you think.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2005, 01:27:59 PM »
I am interested, could you e-mail me pics of the bed, under the hood, interior and outside the truck as well. 
Mike
meeko1080@bresnan.net
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2005, 08:38:32 PM »
Sure, but it'll be a few days till I can get em done, I'm in the middle of moving right now,    Nate
RIP KYOTA

Runninthetrails

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2005, 07:04:46 PM »
Oh by the way how much are you looking to get for the truck?

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2005, 07:13:01 PM »
I need about $3,000 with the shell, a little less without.  I just need to pay off a loan.  Aren't you in Colorado though?    Nate
RIP KYOTA

Runninthetrails

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2005, 10:35:38 AM »
Well, I don't want the shell, wouldn't use it.  Yeah I am in Co.

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2005, 10:50:36 PM »
Ok,  looks like it probably won't be till the weekend for the pics, still really busy tryin to move stuff to storage.  I checked the reciept for the timing chain and it was actually done less than 25,000 miles ago.  Hopefully I can get a friend to help me pull the shell so you can get a better idea of what the inside of the bed looks like,    Nate
RIP KYOTA

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2005, 12:12:29 AM »
how much would you sell the shell for??
I drive up to redding everyonce in a whikle (spotter lives there) so i would be able to pic it up.  pics??
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2005, 06:17:20 PM »
Hey blackdog,  I'll let you see pics of it and make me an offer.  If spotter lives here they can come and check it out for you.  It's a snugtop and is in very good shape.  I should have pics up by the weekend and will try and get a couple of good ones of the shell,     Nate
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2005, 12:26:25 PM »
I took some pics last night but they didn't turn out well cause the truck was dirty.  Gonna shoot some more today and see how they turn out, should have em up tomorrow,     Nate
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2005, 06:40:25 PM »
Took the pics tonight and they look pretty good, gonna go to my friend's tomorrow after work and load em up.      Nate
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2005, 06:58:22 PM »
Well, I don't want the shell, wouldn't use it.  Yeah I am in Co.

Just wondering if the pic went through?  Lemme know and I'll send more,     Nate
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 04, 2005, 06:49:48 PM »
ttp
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »
TTT
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: 91 reg cab 2wd - trade for longbed
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2005, 10:39:15 PM »
TTT
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 11, 2005, 10:28:11 PM »
Just curious if anybody I sent pics to still has them?  If so could you send em back to me so I can post here?  Tall order, but I don't have my computer anymore so no access to the pics.  Thanks,   Nate
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate [OP]

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 22, 2005, 11:17:51 PM »
Just installed new bosch platinum +2 plugs and am getting 26-27mpg last 2 tanks.  I think this is the last time I'll bump this ad.  If I don't get any serious hits soon I think I'm gonna keep it till I sell the 86, then start looking for a nice longbed before trying to sell this again.  Still no pics, too much rain lately. 
RIP KYOTA