Author Topic: Fall Crawl 4x4 Trials, Fort Benton, 9/25, 2010 ALL BOOKED UP  (Read 1283 times)

H8PVMNT

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
Due to the very slow nature of a true 4x4 trials competition with a penalty based, non race scoring system we have decided to limit the number of drivers to around 30 this year.  This will probably take over 8 hours to run anyway, so we will be lucky to finish by sundown...

To further complicate matters, we started receiving calls early in the year before we had even made our flyer to pre-register.  This makes me wonder wonder why there are not more dedicated "rock crawl" type events held in MT as there certainly seems to de a big demand.  

We decided not to publicize the event much since we were pre-booked, but we have heard alot of rumors about guys showing up with trailors loaded expecting to be able to run.  This WILL NOT be possible since we are allready pre-booked and the event is full. To avoid alot of disapointments we thought we had better post something up...

At this time we are accepting pre-registrations for a "back up list" on a first come first serve basis.  In other words, if someone on the pre-reg run list backs out or can't show up we will put you in the event if you give us a call, but you MUST CALL TO PRE-REGISTER!!![/
b]

ALL THAT BEING SAID, EVERYONE IS OF COURSE WELCOME TO COME WATCH OR EVEN PLAY ON THE COURSE AFTER THE EVENT OR ON SUNDAY.  WITH ALL THE GREAT DRIVERS WE HAVE PRE-REGISTERED IT SOULD BE A GREAT EVENT THIS YEAR.

Cascade County 4 Wheelers may be putting on a mud bog event at Fort Benton on the Sunday following Fall Crawl, but it is still tenative and I'm sure they will post something if it all works out.

And please... somebody somewhere put one of these events on so I can come compete!! Racing is great but I know alot of drivers who want to see more true crawling type, un-timed, non-mud race events in Montana.  There is alot more than tuff trucks in this part of Montana.  It is amazing how many capable trucks and drivers are out there who want to wheel hard, technical terrain but don't want to be on the clock.

We have been working at the scoring and developing score sheets for about the last 10 years and have it pretty well ironed out.  We will be happy to provide our well developed penalty based score sheets for anyone who is interested in running a similar event.

Feel free to give us a call at 406/733/2057
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2010, 06:32:45 AM by H8PVMNT »
“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K

H8PVMNT [OP]

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 452
  • Male Posts: 3,554
  • Member since May '07
  • I'LL NEVER MAKE IT...
    • View Profile
In case anyone is interested here is an image of the score sheet we are using this year...

“I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.”
– Steve McQueen

"Except for maybe Seattle."  -H8PVMNT

"I plan to hit 300k in this truck"  :)bestgen4runner

"I'm jealous of your shop. It has concrete and doesn't smell like pickles like the old shop  "  300K