Poll

Locker issue

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Lockrite Issue!!!!!  (Read 5299 times)

oregonwheeler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 102
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
Lockrite Issue!!!!!
« on: Dec 19, 2009, 10:11:49 PM »
 Alright so Ive just got my truck done and have been out playing in the snow with it. Im locked up front and rear with Lockrites. I put the rear locker about 3 months before the rebuild of my whole truck so its broke in no problems with it. I installed the front locker and have been having issues with It....... I think.......I dont know if its breaking in because its so new but the damn thing keeps ratcheting when I apply more gas and when its trying to grip one side will slip and start ratcheting. Pretty scary at times. The rear has never done that, that bad. So is it normal for it to do this untill it gets more use or is there something wrong?

Jakesteads

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 842
  • Member since Mar '07
  • It was Nice....
    • View Profile
Re: Lockrite Issue!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2009, 06:18:59 AM »
did you shim it right?
I like Toyota

oregonwheeler [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:53:24 PM »
yeah thats what I dont get

oregonwheeler [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:54:17 PM »
I mean yeah I did shim it right.

dyogim

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jun '03
  • I love Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »
I mean yeah I did shim it right.

Did you ever resolve this?  There's two cups fitted inside the lockright.  Did you perhaps put this in backwards.

oregonwheeler [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
 Nah I havent.... pulled it out and took it to a local 4x4 shop to have them fix my f-up. Couldn't figure it out... figured I'd better let someone with more knowledge do it.

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -35
  • Male Posts: 970
  • Member since Oct '09
  • I KNOW A SWEENEY BRO!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2010, 08:27:47 PM »
Did ya get it fixed?? I had a lockrite in the rear doing some ratcheting here and there and just left it be. Then on one trail run i was doing the last section out and it started ratcheting again and then snap. I couldn't drive with the rear home it kept poping under pressure or load, so drove home wit the front. come to find out that big pin that goes through the lockrite (like 5/8 or so) was broke into three pieces. Broke on each end. Ya could tell one end was broke for awhile and that was my ratcheting every once and awhile nd then the other end broke and that was it. not so locked right anymore! Put a new pin in it and good to go now! Yours seems to be to new to have this problem but ya never know, Ive been rock n mine for years. The lockrite can take a beating man!! Hope ya figured it out.  :twocents:
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

oregonwheeler [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »
 I duno had it set up last week. Put new pins and springs in it, and still kinda doing it not as bad. I dont know :shakehead: Sunday the wheel on the passenger side froze up in 4wheel drive while driver still moved......Maybe the brake on that side? Changed the hub also on that side. Then the tire stopped freezing up but still wont stay engaged. Flatspots and going down hills in the snow are fine but going up hills kills me! About ready to introduce that locker to a 220 mig welder. Any feed back would help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:11:46 PM »
Broken birfield maybe or cracked. I had one that was cracked in two spots and would work only when it wanted to. The balls keeped slipping in and out on birfield. Just a thought!!
Sometimes life is a rock an we need a Yota to get over it an Chevy is like a rock so I'm over it!!!

44magnum

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 41
  • Member since Nov '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2010, 09:53:21 PM »
I had one doing that same thing I put new springs and pins and shimmed it up a little and was grate after that.

oregonwheeler [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2010, 11:39:22 AM »
Checked that too birf is fine. Pretty sure its just one of those faulty ones ive been hearing about. Fixing the problem taking it back and getting a Yukon Grizzly :driving:

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:05:05 PM »
Ya know wat the lockrite has for a warranty!!! I have one that has been on shelf for awhile, it still works fine but where the little springs are at its all cracked out. I didn't like it so i put a different one in i had also! I was mostly wondering if anyone has had the same prob and if they would replace it?????? Cause its kinda a manufacture deal i think!!

Yoat Goat

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 37
  • Male Posts: 731
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Someday my truck will look like this
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
Try an aussie locker, same lunchbox style but seems to hold up better, I have heard tons of lockrites breaking, not so much aussies.

My opinion, lockrites bring the suck.
T urning
O ver after
Y ears
O f
T rail
A buse

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »
WELD THE DAMN THING AND BE OVER IT!!!!   and get your money back, and then hydro assist it.
i love oregon wheelin.

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2010, 09:08:17 PM »
I think I'm gona weld mine this time or go wit a spool. trying to decide!

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 388
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:49:19 PM »
Did ya get it fixed?? I had a lockrite in the rear doing some ratcheting here and there and just left it be. Then on one trail run i was doing the last section out and it started ratcheting again and then snap. I couldn't drive with the rear home it kept poping under pressure or load, so drove home wit the front. come to find out that big pin that goes through the lockrite (like 5/8 or so) was broke into three pieces. Broke on each end. Ya could tell one end was broke for awhile and that was my ratcheting every once and awhile nd then the other end broke and that was it. not so locked right anymore! Put a new pin in it and good to go now! Yours seems to be to new to have this problem but ya never know, Ive been rock n mine for years. The lockrite can take a beating man!! Hope ya figured it out.  :twocents:

you make it sound like you were just casually going out the last section you were HAMMERTOWN N' that section man!! ha ha Rocks were flyin back at my windshield ha ha.

i always here people saying this about those sons of a!! lockrites!
Weld it up thats what i say!
the rocks Rock in South D SON!

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »
 :biggthumpup:
i love oregon wheelin.

<MIKE>

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 618
  • Member since Dec '09
  • Swap, Lock, and Rock it
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2010, 05:41:39 PM »
well dang i just got a loc rite for my rig.. yall think i should get something different or just install and see what happens? any recomendations for a similar priced locker. i know obviously spool but i drive 40 miles to work 3 days a week on a canyon road in Nor Cal so i need something kinda safe ya know?  :pirate:
1987 4runner
Dual cases, 2.28-4.7
Dana 60 Rear; Danna 44 front; 5.89’s
249:1

Yoat Goat

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2010, 05:56:21 PM »
Aussie locker is in the same price range.
T urning
O ver after
Y ears
O f
T rail
A buse

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:16:39 PM »
well dang i just got a loc rite for my rig.. yall think i should get something different or just install and see what happens? any recomendations for a similar priced locker. i know obviously spool but i drive 40 miles to work 3 days a week on a canyon road in Nor Cal so i need something kinda safe ya know?  :pirate:

The lockrite will work fine for ya if set up right dude, my bro and me have been rock n them for years, like 5 to 6 years and have not had any problems. i have just recently had a few little problems and my bro is still rock n his. So try it out if its in already leave it.

NITE KRAWLERS

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:20:52 PM »
you make it sound like you were just casually going out the last section you were HAMMERTOWN N' that section man!! ha ha Rocks were flyin back at my windshield ha ha.

i always here people saying this about those sons of a!! lockrites!
Weld it up thats what i say!
HA ha DUDE I was just get n going man and snap that was that! lol I take it easy most of the time dude...... Ya i think I'm gona weld this set up bra and save the coin for something else. It aint my DD so it will be all good!! I was gona spool it but why, weld it and be done. I might finally listen to ya. HA HA

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:45:02 PM »
well dang i just got a loc rite for my rig.. yall think i should get something different or just install and see what happens? any recomendations for a similar priced locker. i know obviously spool but i drive 40 miles to work 3 days a week on a canyon road in Nor Cal so i need something kinda safe ya know?  :pirate:

ya for sure i think if its set up right it'll be fine i'm wit you! if you already got it toss that son of a pregnant dog in there!!

ha ha is your avatar quote a remake from that rap pop lock and whatever or whatever? nice!!!

minicrawlin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '09
  • BAM!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:48:44 PM »
HA ha DUDE I was just get n going man and snap that was that! lol I take it easy most of the time dude...... Ya i think I'm gona weld this set up bra and save the coin for something else. It aint my DD so it will be all good!! I was gona spool it but why, weld it and be done. I might finally listen to ya. HA HA

ya weld the spiders, toss some plate in between them on both sides, weld those up, then goober the crap out of with welds and call it good ha ha. let it cool in cycles though, cant be gettin to crazy i suppose!

Yoat Goat

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:24:43 PM »
*whispers* aussie locker...
T urning
O ver after
Y ears
O f
T rail
A buse

<MIKE>

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 618
  • Member since Dec '09
  • Swap, Lock, and Rock it
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #24 on: Feb 07, 2010, 09:24:55 PM »
right on thanks for the input. as soon as i get a chance i'll throw it in. Ya its my little remix of Pop lock and drop it haha
1987 4runner
Dual cases, 2.28-4.7
Dana 60 Rear; Danna 44 front; 5.89’s
249:1