Author Topic: measurements  (Read 1417 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
measurements
« on: Oct 08, 2004, 10:52:28 PM »
Ok y’all, I need some info. If anyone can do some measuring for me, I’d be grateful. What I need is the static length of the front drive shaft. I’ve moved the front axle fwd 3 inches, 5 inch suspension lift, 2 inch body lift and I’m going to lift the engine and drive train 2 inches also. What I hope to do is this, I want to inboard my rear springs and (if I can) move them far enough fwd I’d like to carry just one spare drive shaft. Also,  does anyone know the stock wheel base for an ’85 x-cab truck…I had it on my computer but I lost everything when my drive died a while back.
Thanks,
Mark
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

WHITE_TRASH

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 679
  • Member since Feb '03
  • Don't blame me, I didn't vote for this crap.
    • View Profile
Re: measurements
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2004, 01:07:03 AM »
Your wheelbase is 112 1/4" stock.  Yes you can move the the rear axle far enough forward to make the driveshafts equal, I did it on my 81 with a flat belly they came out at 39.5 front and back if I remember right.  That was with the front end moved 2" forward and duals.  If you wanna see some pics of the easy way I can post them here or you can search in $300.  I inboarded the rears and made a perfectly flat belly on my 90.
Full hydro, 186:1 with an auto and 44's what could go wrong??

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: measurements
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2004, 07:26:29 AM »
Thanks, I'll check out the $330 post more later. Man the first few pictures were freakin' me out... I haven't seen that much snow since I was a kid. I've turned into a spoiled puss down here, anything below 55* and I'm breakin' out the long johns!
Mark
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)