Poll

Which of the following actually happened?

A
B
C
None of the Above
All of the Above

Author Topic: Fact or Fiction  (Read 2640 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Fact or Fiction
« on: Feb 17, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »
I work for the government, yes your tax dollars hard at "work," and in the name of saving money, sort of like a holy war, some pretty crazy things happen.  See if you can separate the fact from fiction.

A: Someone took the time to prepare a four step process, including photos with security disclaimers, on how to Check Out a book from the library.  Step 1 was, "Pull the book off of the shelf."

B: Someone took the time to outline the legs of a table in a joint cubical with red tape to identify the correct location.  This is done to demonstrate standard tooling and organization.

C: Someone took the time to create a chart that keeps track of weekly jobs just like in 1st grade including Velcro names for each member of the team.  It's important to know who's responsible for the trash and microwave.

:yupyup:

Fact or Fiction?
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Fact or Fiction
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2009, 05:55:02 PM »
all of the above.

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
X2
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2009, 06:38:17 PM »
X3
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2009, 07:06:25 PM »
X4
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2009, 07:21:12 PM »
no way its the government they are way to efficient to do something like that. i cant believe people want more of it
:scarcasm:
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2009, 07:37:43 PM »
How can it be "all of the above" when one of the options above it is "none of the above"?

No wonder I hate government!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »
I bet you still voted!!! :gap:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
 :rofl2: I missed that one. Typical government poll though since by voting all of the above you also voted none of the above which when and if it ever reached the Supreme Court they could use that against us.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:25:54 PM »
It appears that I didn't quite get the poll written correctly, but at least I didn't do it on your dime and I didn't form a "team" to help and still mess it up.  They're dumbing me down.

:willynilly:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »
I bet you still voted!!! :gap:

Well, uh...yeah!  :cheese:

I always tell people...you can't complain if you don't vote!  :gap:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »
It appears that I didn't quite get the poll written correctly, but at least I didn't do it on your dime and I didn't form a "team" to help and still mess it up.  They're dumbing me down.

:willynilly:

Mayhap...you could apply for a new nipple at the reinvigorated government teat for some funding!

EDIT: BTW, how can you stand it? Government is an open, runny pustule on the unwiped butt of my existence!
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2009, 08:39:43 PM by abnormaltoy »

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2009, 09:33:40 PM »
EDIT: BTW, how can you stand it? Government is an open, runny pustule on the unwiped butt of my existence!

Let's see, surprisingly decent bosses, job security when the economy stinks and work isn't where I get my satisfaction in life.  I'd like to believe, and I think my bosses would agree, that I actually make a positive difference.  The work is done by a minority (maybe that's what makes us equal opportunity) of the workers and I'm one of "they."  Everyone that I have worked for goes out of their way to request that I get assigned to them again.

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
decent bosses, job security when the economy stinks and work isn't where I get my satisfaction in life. I actually make a positive difference.  The work is done by a minority (maybe that's what makes us equal opportunity) of the workers and I'm one of "they."  Everyone that I have worked for goes out of their way to request that I get assigned to them again.

X2  :yupyup:

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:11:55 PM »
Let's see, surprisingly decent bosses, job security when the economy stinks and work isn't where I get my satisfaction in life.  I'd like to believe, and I think my bosses would agree, that I actually make a positive difference.  The work is done by a minority (maybe that's what makes us equal opportunity) of the workers and I'm one of "they."  Everyone that I have worked for goes out of their way to request that I get assigned to them again.
As with many (if not all) huge organizations, there are great numbers of people doing great work -- and there are others who try their best, perhaps not intentionally, to muck up all up.   :shake:

Special thanks to abnormaltoy for the new quote in my sig...   :thumbs:

PS -- I voted for All of the Above, even though that includes None of the Above   :hammerhead:
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:31:35 PM »

Special thanks to abnormaltoy for the new quote in my sig...   :thumbs:

I try my best to paint effective word pictures!  :cheese:

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:50:09 PM »
I voted "none of the above".  The terms "Fact" and "Government" are virtual opposites and should never be muttered in the same breath as they never relate to one another.  :gap:  :rofl2:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2009, 11:16:40 PM »
The terms "Fact" and "Government" are virtual opposites and should never be muttered in the same breath as they never relate to one another.  :gap:  :rofl2:

Isn't that an oxy moron, kinda like a productive democrat  :_oops:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2009, 11:22:41 PM »
Isn't that an oxy moron, kinda like a productive democrat  :_oops:

AMEN!

oh wait, this is a government poll, can i say AMEN?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 19, 2009, 07:31:57 AM »
AMEN!

oh wait, this is a government poll, can i say AMEN?

AMEN simply means, "I believe it."

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #20 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:38:05 PM »

I try my best to paint effective word pictures!  :cheese:

Sir your use of words can only be described as impeccable.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Feb 19, 2009, 08:39:59 PM »

Sir your use of words can only be described as impeccable.

My work here is done...time to move on!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Feb 19, 2009, 08:47:25 PM »
Answer:  All three events have actually happened.

Today the idiots responsible for all of them put labels on a table to identify the small and large hole punches.  They are right next to the "shadow" stickers that help them know where the stapler, tape and staple puller go.

I'm going to look for a similar looking stapler that I can swap in and make them have two that are the same or label the actual hole punches the opposite of what they are.

:yupyup:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2009, 09:45:51 PM »
Messing with them would be too easy, but loads of fun  :haha:

Do it!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2009, 10:15:55 PM »
BTW, how can you stand it? Government is an open, runny pustule on the unwiped butt of my existence!

Glad to see those anger management classes have helped some.

Today the idiots responsible for all of them put labels on a table to identify the small and large hole punches.  They are right next to the "shadow" stickers that help them know where the stapler, tape and staple puller go.

I think we need some pictures to really make the whole stupidity a reality. Sneak in your special 007 James Bond camera and take a few pics to post for us.

This is a prime example of "justifying one's existence". Too bad my tax dollars are going to pay for it. I can think of many other worth-while projects that could use a few extra $$.

erik
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Feb 20, 2009, 06:04:59 AM »
I think we need some pictures to really make the whole stupidity a reality. Sneak in your special 007 James Bond camera and take a few pics to post for us.

This is a prime example of "justifying one's existence". Too bad my tax dollars are going to pay for it. I can think of many other worth-while projects that could use a few extra $$.

erik

I'd love to get pictures, but having a camera would be a security violation that could cost me my job.  On the bright side, I did just swap the hole punches so they could easily get confused.