Author Topic: what is better the Hd transfercase mount or the factory OEM mount  (Read 2268 times)

Dr.Maxwe001

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 627
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
well I made a few  :phone: calls to some friends of Marlin as well as some at Marlin's  Jon82toy and I spoke as well as bud at budbuilt and a few others as well who have some insight to this as well. I have pondered the question WHAT IS BETTER THE HD TRANSFERCASE MOUNT THAT MARLIN SELLS OR THE FACTORY OEM ONE THAT TOYOTA SELLS ?  Some of you might want to run a HD mount in the front and the rear I have been told that the HD mount is actually making a lot of vibrations from the motor. Some of you might want to run a OEM mount up front and a HD in the rear some might want to run a OEM in the front and rear but the question that is being asked here is what is better Jon82toy is running the OEM up front and the HD in the rear Bud at Budbuilt is running a diffrent set up he is running the HD front and rear  I will be running the OEM front and rear  this will cover all area's of the mounts I have not gotten any MAJOR feedback good or bad on this from over the phone however if I see that there is some breaking information that needs to be exposed as to what happens to the mounts or the drivers feeling from the mounts then I will post them up if you have any combonation of the above mentioned setup please share your thought and comments with the rest of us  :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:
IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

08:55:22 PM BeccaLoo24 – i like to screw things

$99 scratch and dent drill press has drilled more holes than Ron Jeremy.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48342.0

[img]http://bo

OOPS

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
I have been running two used OEM mounts for the last ten years without a problem. Marlin gave me one when I put the gear drive case in 12 years ago and when I put the BudBuilt in when I went to duals a friend gave me one that was laying in his parts/junk pile.
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

Joey88RUNR

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 1,057
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
I have 2 oem ones, the front one is broken...rubber is coming off on one side, cant even tell, been running it for over a year like that, feel no vibration or anything. :twocents:
SaS'd Dual ultimate crawler w/5.29s Aussie front/detriot Rear, 35's Mtr's with kevlar

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
First a Disclaimer.  I have a Whopping one run on my current setup.  and a few weeks of DD.

I am running the LC poly motor mounts.
One old stock transfer case mount (front position)
One new HD transfer case mount   (rear position)

I had to buy a new mount when I went to the dual set up because I didn't have an extra.  I tried the HD one that Marlin sells from 4x4innovations since it was quite a bit less in price.  If you already have two, i would probably just wait unless you are having issues.

My theory for placing it in the rear position was that that is where the 4.7's are.  And since they put out extra torque, i figured the extra beefyness would help there.    I could be wrong though. :gap:

Is there more vibration you ask?
I find it to be negligible.  I notice a little more foot tickle at idle, and some when accelerating from a stop light.  after that it is smooth as silk,  even at highway speed.  I love it.  :yesnod:

hope that helps.  :twocents:

I like to Drive!

Volcom

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 269
  • Male Posts: 2,418
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Colorado Rocks!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rockfrogs.org
I'm currently running 1 with an old school All Pro t-case crossmember.  I also have the motor mounts chained.  It's worked for 2 years but I feel like it's a ticking time bomb.  I'd feel much better if I could have 2 stock mounts but I'd have to buy a new crossmember.  The cheaper solution would be to buy the HD crossmember mount. 
84 4Runner
Swapped EFI and a rebuilt 22RE
Marlin Dual Ultimate crawler
Marlin high steer
TG springs
5.29's, Aussie locked front and rear
39.5" Iroks on 15x10 2.5" backspaced wheels
109" wheelbase
Addicted Off Road 8 point cage
Addicted Off Road front bumper

Addicted Off Road

Colorado Marlin members, check out the Colorado section!!!

4runner17

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 122
  • Male Posts: 315
  • Member since Jul '08
    • View Profile
i agree, my friends run the h.d. they said its not even noticable.