Author Topic: Rubicon Cleanup November 22nd  (Read 1082 times)

Jud

• Scumbaggin
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -261
  • Male Posts: 3,067
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Gettin it since 1990
    • View Profile
Rubicon Cleanup November 22nd
« on: Nov 18, 2008, 05:47:29 PM »
from pbb for the lazy_

Well here we go Folks

It has been awhile since the Pirates of the Rubicon have planned or organized an event. After hearing about all of the Human Crap & White Flowers on the Rubicon this year it just made since to make plans to pick it up

The Mission ( November 22nd) is simple: Pick up Turds, White Flowers and garbage on the Rubicon. This will be a (1) Day effort and I think we can get allot accomplished. My goal is to have 25-40 Rigs with a passenger.

The plan is to meet at the Loon Lake Spillway on the 21st of November (Friday) in the afternoon or evening. Please bring whatever food you want for that night and beverages. Yes it will be COLD so be prepared!!! We will spend a little time organizing Saturdays effort's that evening. Bring wood if you can so we can have a nice toasty fire to keep the chill off. The plan is to base camp here so if you want to participate this is the plan! Please look for my Orange 4Runner when you arrive.

Saturday the 22nd we will get up early and have (Coffee and some pasteries Provided) to get rolling. I will organize some teams for different areas that we all know need attention. The plan is to work from Spider Lake back to Loon picking up all trash, Poop and as many white flowers as we can find along the trail and in bushes and hidden areas. We will be working all day and the plan is to return in the afternoon for relaxing and having some food! H8Mondays Award Winning Chilli will be on hand and we will be BBQ'ing Yardbird and Steaks too. Please bring something for the BBQ or a side dish as we can all chip in. We are not providing dinner for everyone but we can all pitch in.......

There will be a Dumpster Provided as well as trash bags and gloves Sat. morning so you can keep biting your nails minus the poop flavor. JeepCamping.com will be hauling (2) trailers into the trail too so we can collect trash on the way out.

Will weather be problem? Maybe....maybe not?? If there is 1-2 inches of snow on the trail it wont be a problem to find the trash, poops might be different story. Another early spring trip might be needed? If all else fails bring a good attitude and we'll get done what we can The idea is to pick up frozen turds............we cannot control Mother Nature.

Finally Dash Plaques will be given out to all participants (Look at my Avatar) and we will have shirts for sale ($20.00) to pay for having them made. Dog Walker will have the shirts so please see him at the Dam. Should be a neat small event that really has some need to get done. Please only show up if you have a strong stomach and are prepared to work. We are not having a raffle...prizes or anything like days of old. This is everyones trail and our collective responsiblity. Oh and we'll have fun too............

Special Thanks to the Rubicon Trail Foundation for helping with Money and Logistics for this event. As a founding Director back in 2004 they still continue to help with Events and activities that promote the Health and respectible use of the Rubicon Trail.

Trail Rated Trailers are needed as well as some easy ups for the Loon Dam Basecamp.

Please PM or email me if you have questions.

Kevin Carey
UGETIT@pirate4x4.com

I am planning on going up Friday.

Anybody else gonna make it?
One Ton Single Cab  - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48229

"bout tree fiddy"

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile