Author Topic: moonrocks on holloween  (Read 4714 times)

chadchad/ rocksnot

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
moonrocks on holloween
« on: Oct 03, 2008, 01:30:52 PM »
:beerchug:any body up for moonrcks on halloween weekendalot, we got 8 to 10 rigs going,want more ,lets dress up and party and of course some carnage.

85exorunner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 36
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
Re: moonrocks on holloween
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »
sounds fun, i'm in.  Bring on the carnage.
85 4runner Sr5, 22re, header, hot water shower, full exo cage, bobby long axles and hub gears, dual inchworm cases, 4.88 yukon gears, v6 spool in rear, lockrite up front, budbuilt skid plate, toyota rears up front, 4 link rear w/16" racerunner air shocks, 39.5" iroks on custom steel wheel w/aluminum beadlock ring.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2008, 06:53:45 PM »
:down: I'm working :down:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

toy4x4ota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 31
  • Male Posts: 468
  • Member since May '05
  • learning how to drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2008, 06:58:52 PM »
i think that i could get some rigs together for that, i have been wanting to go to moonrocks for awhile now
Liqour in the front   Poker in the rear

LIFTED TRUCKS ARE GAY

85 toy, 223:1, welded/welded, 38's, running on PANE

85exorunner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2008, 05:00:42 PM »
sweet the more rigs the more better. :clap:
85 4runner Sr5, 22re, header, hot water shower, full exo cage, bobby long axles and hub gears, dual inchworm cases, 4.88 yukon gears, v6 spool in rear, lockrite up front, budbuilt skid plate, toyota rears up front, 4 link rear w/16" racerunner air shocks, 39.5" iroks on custom steel wheel w/aluminum beadlock ring.

CTorri

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 155
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Walk the Line Crawlers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2008, 02:02:29 PM »
We are in as always!!  Lets all get this worked out and we can bring in the shitters again, get a group effort on firewood and have a big "group bon fire"...all that stuff and party in the desert!!  The coutume part could be a blast! 

Willing to help however we can!!

85exorunner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2008, 05:17:01 PM »
the shitters are a great idea.  Let me know what you need from me.

CTorri

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Walk the Line Crawlers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2008, 04:13:23 PM »
We need to get an idea of how many may be out there.  Shout out people...who is going to make it??? :driving:  Spread the word!! 

bigtow

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »
goose and i are gonna be there even got started on the costume see ya there :beerchug:

CTorri

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Walk the Line Crawlers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2008, 12:48:22 PM »
Sweet!!  I know Cyle is planning on heading this way too!  All of you Oroville/ Paradise/Chico group should come!  Ok give a hint on the costume...I am having a really hard time getting participation on that at this end!!

toy4x4ota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '05
  • learning how to drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »
gonna be there with at least one other rig, never been there before but i look for the big group.  gonna be there friday afternoon

LIFTED TRUCKS ARE GAY

toyotamobing

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -8
  • Male Posts: 1,244
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Poly Performance
« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2008, 10:50:07 PM »
dallas its a blast!!! your going to love it! is todd going with you?
1996 Tacoma 3rz auto 4x4
1993 Jeep XJ 2 door 5spd 4cyl 4x4
1996 Dodge 3500 12V 5spd 4x4

@alteredegospeedshop

MAKING A SLOW TRUCK GO FAST SINCE 2003

!!POLY GOATS!!
www.polygoats.com

POLY PERFORMANCE
www.polyperformance.com

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 24, 2008, 10:57:10 PM »
not to rain on the parade but you might check to see if firewood is going to be ok to use up their.  We will be up there next weekend or so and I will let you guys know. 

toy4x4ota

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since May '05
  • learning how to drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2008, 01:10:43 PM »
dallas its a blast!!! your going to love it! is todd going with you?

no todd is not going, i am hopefully going to be going with some friends from up here

LIFTED TRUCKS ARE GAY

chadchad/ rocksnot [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 26, 2008, 10:05:33 AM »
i think fire resrictions have been lift over there. it s going to be cold . just got rig done so i can break it again, this time the walls mine, dont be scured rye dog you can do it too be carefull you might scratch you paint. shud i bring tomcar . i heard sean scared too he's only going to breing the quad :_order:

85exorunner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct 26, 2008, 04:15:16 PM »
what is with all these people being so scared?  You know of a couple.  We need to put the pressure on.  I am hittin anything and everything possible.

bigtow

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 26, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »
  hey chad  you must be back ! when r u guys headed up to the rocks were gonna be pushin it to get ready as always but were going to  be there got the lowbed all torn apart putting a new deck on it and trying to get it painted. i bobbed the bed on mine and scotty hasnt done :pokinit: yet but he will roll in here about 10 pm when its time  to go  and get his :pokinit: done late as always. i aint believen glennins scared of nuthing at  moon rocks except maybe  some ugly men dressed like women for haloweeen. never a good idea to  pick up  strange chicks at a haloween party. thats what ive been told anyway!!!

CTorri

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Walk the Line Crawlers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 27, 2008, 10:40:51 AM »
Scared????Who???  Not us!!  Cyle will have his truck and quads for us!  We are heading out Thursday night after work..Look for "The Big Ugly" (the trailer/toyhauler)!!

So what is the deal on wood?  Lets all bring some and have a big group camp...everyone welcome!! :welcome:  What do you think!?  We just can't do the pull the trees up thing...we have to bring our own!!!  Not tree huggers here, just have to be careful not to piss anyone off and keep these kind of places open...

Speaking of that what is the consensus on the crappers?  Should I get some (2) ordered up and then we can all chip in to cover cost??...It was pretty cheap last time.

85exorunner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 27, 2008, 01:59:26 PM »
Hey Glennon
There is going to be a dirt bike race on Sat and Sun. They start racing at 9:30 am.  They are all staging at the pit area.  So maybe we need to park down in the trees to the right of the plateau.  On that same note i would cancel the idea of the crappers since there is going to be  100+ dirt bikers out there.  Let me know what you think about that.  And i know you are scared that is why your not bringing the truck.

CTorri

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Walk the Line Crawlers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 27, 2008, 02:11:49 PM »
Thanks for the info...I will let Sean know (he is the scared one, not me!!)  Just don't tell him I told you!! 

Hey all...lets try and get a head count...wives, kids and all...  Our group will have 3 people, 1 rig and 2 quads....oh and of course the dogs!!

CTorri

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Walk the Line Crawlers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 27, 2008, 03:36:27 PM »
OK Who knows how to get an answer out of BLM??  The word on the dirtbike race Sat and Sun is that they have a special permit and no other OHV rigs are allowed on the rocks!! 

I have talked to BLM in Carson City - the ones that "run" Moonrocks and am told they know nothng of it????   Any ideas?  Would hate to get all the way out there and get shut down....or cause any problems.

Was told that all fire restrictions are lifted and we can have a fire?!

85exorunner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 27, 2008, 03:44:53 PM »
I know the fire restriction has been lifted.  And yes they pulled a special permit to close Moonrocks.  All there Pee Wee races go through the rock areas.  So that would be why it is closed.  We need to find another trail to go to.  If you have any ideas shout it out.

Bronco Canyon, Eldorado Canyon, Secret Canyon, Lucky Canyon, China Springs hot springs. 

Myself and ChadChad have at least 3-4 trails in mind.  Close by within 30 miles.

toyotamobing

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -8
  • Male Posts: 1,244
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
    • Poly Performance
« Reply #22 on: Oct 27, 2008, 09:07:32 PM »
i would love to go if i had money to fix my truck and keep it running
1996 Tacoma 3rz auto 4x4
1993 Jeep XJ 2 door 5spd 4cyl 4x4
1996 Dodge 3500 12V 5spd 4x4

@alteredegospeedshop

MAKING A SLOW TRUCK GO FAST SINCE 2003

!!POLY GOATS!!
www.polygoats.com

POLY PERFORMANCE
www.polyperformance.com

bigtow

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Sep '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Oct 27, 2008, 09:56:18 PM »
glennin whats up with with the big grey rig you guys arnt takin it looks like we aint going to  moonrocks at all. weather is starting to look like it might be a factor too hope not

CTorri

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Walk the Line Crawlers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Oct 28, 2008, 09:24:05 AM »
Well from what I am gathering Moonrocks is OUT..  Know Chad and Ryan are looking into somewhere else...   Yea the weather is looking crappy too!  Sean pulled the grey rig into the driveway to get it ready in case we find somewhere that is not quad friendly...he was looking forward to riding the quads and taking the trailer.  :crossed: (Haven't had them out in a LONG time) 

But if plans change, I think he plans on the grey truck.  I know Cyle really wants to wheel too.  Been working on his truck alot.
Give Sean a call on the cell or at home tonight!  I asked him to touch base w/ Chad and Ryan today

We have to do something!  Winter is coming!  :shocking:  Talk to you guys soon!  KIM  :)

85exorunner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Oct 28, 2008, 10:33:45 AM »
We talked to BLM this morning and were told specifically where we are not allowed to be.  As long as we are not in the direct path of the race coarse we are fine.  We are aloud to be in the rocks to wheel on.  :thumbs:    So if everybody is still fine with going.  LETS DO THIS!!!! :beer:  We can not camp on the flat part in front of the crack.  We need to be down towards the trees on the right or anywhere else for that matter. 

Talk to me people, what do you think

CTorri

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Walk the Line Crawlers
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Oct 28, 2008, 11:49:54 AM »
F*&%$  it!  I too got a call back from the BLM event planning boss Fran and was told that yes there is a race and yes the pee wees will be on the rock area.  She also told me that there is a permit pulled but they can not close it to us...or anyone else.  So if we are just very careful of the little guys...I think we can do it!  She asked if it were possible for us to reschedule, that it would be nice of us, but if not...just share.

I can't imagine that many bikes will be out after dark like the trucks tend to do, so the crack and all that could still be run right??!!

CTorri

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Walk the Line Crawlers
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Oct 28, 2008, 11:52:40 AM »
Just got a call from Sean and he wants to go for it too... Worst case, we are in the desert and can find something right!!  Lets do it!!  He plans to still head that way Thursday night!  Can you tell he wants out of Calpine!!??

CTorri

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Walk the Line Crawlers
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Oct 28, 2008, 12:14:50 PM »
OK Final answer...It is a GO!!!!  Just got off the phone with Chad and we have the OK!!  So lets all forget the headache  :smack:this was and get our Haloween groove on!   :beerchug:  :willynilly:   See you at Moonrocks!! 

We will be camping down by the trees in the "hole"....look for the Big Ugly...we are going in Thursday night!!

Think firewood, costumes???? and fun with old frinds and new ones!  See you there!! :yesnod: :thumbs:

85exorunner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Oct 28, 2008, 12:49:31 PM »
I know there is a trail called Twister.  I heard it is pretty awesome.  So if we can find out where the hell it is we can hit that during the race on Saturday.  It is suppose to be around spanish springs.  Has anybody heard of it or know where it is at.