Author Topic: help with 7mge  (Read 3820 times)

booger1

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -63
  • Male Posts: 102
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
help with 7mge
« on: Sep 29, 2008, 06:24:28 PM »
i got my 7mge out of a 86.5 supra in my 93 pickup. on supracharged.com it said that there was a small black/blue wire on the b1 connector that i need to tie into the starter, well mine doesn't have one, so I skipped that part and is that one of my problems why it won't start? it will spin over but not hit at all, so i don't think I have any spark. I checked my timing twice and no luck :headshake: . also have no engine light when  ignition is on. I know I am getting power to the fuel pump. I will post which wires I have where later, but I am sure I have it right from the other website. please help, i wanna get back to  :driving:  :flamer:  :driving:

93 pickup,  sas'd, 36in tsl's, tundra front clip, taco bed, kenwood, apexi intake,  7mgte.

booger1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: help with 7mge
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2008, 01:08:51 PM »
ok, heres what I got
 b1                    Ih1
Lg black/blue     black/white
Lg black/orange  black/red
sm black/red     white/red

M1            Ih1
pink        green/blue

m1              Ih2
grey/green     blue?
yellow/green  yellow/green
yellow/black  yellow/black

then I got the green wire from b1 to the green on AFM
small black/orange wire tied to larger black/orange wire
then the black/yellow by the ignitor connected to the battery with 7.5 fuse
then there is the black/blue wire for the starter signal on the b1 connector? I couldn't find it anywhere, mine doesn't seem to have it
please help if you are good at wiring
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2008, 10:19:02 PM by booger1 »
93 pickup,  sas'd, 36in tsl's, tundra front clip, taco bed, kenwood, apexi intake,  7mgte.

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
im good at wiring, and i have an 85.6 supra, and ive put a 87 7mgte in a 87 excab truck,   have u pulled a spark plug wire to see if u are getting spark, and how did u wire up the fuel pump?  we wired it directly into the ignition switch, and gor rid of the relay.

booger1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2008, 05:52:28 PM »
I got no spark at all, I shoved a screwdriver in spark plug wire and had a buddy turn key.  no spark  :dunno:  can that blue/black wire for the starter signal keep it from running?  the car was running before i pulled, but had bad head gasket that I replaced while out. this is where I got wiring info
 http://www.supracharged.com/tech/wiring/22RE_89-95_88-old.shtml

boggerunner

• Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »
sounds like u hooked up the wrong wire for power to your dist.  it says the black/yellow one

C1 connector by igniter
2 wires will be used from this connector - only one required

The black/yellow wire needs to be connected directly to your battery. Don't forget to use a 7.5 amp fuse.

booger1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »
my bad, I meant to put black/yellow there,  :smack:  but thats what's hooked up and no spark.

booger1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2008, 11:54:20 PM »
I found a small black/blue wire coming out of the ecu but not on the b1 connector, will that one work?  where did you put the small black/orange wire from the b1 connector?

boggerunner

• Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 01, 2008, 06:16:31 PM »
Black/orange - Small 16 guage black with orange stripe.(could turn into a grey wire from the connector to the ecu) This also needs switched power. This could be tied into the Large black/orage wire

booger1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 01, 2008, 10:12:43 PM »
on mine the b1 has a black/orange wire, no grey wire and I tied it to the larger black/orange wire, so that should be right but still no spark. I also checked all the fuses on the truck to make sure and still no luck  :down:

booger1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 02, 2008, 05:28:05 PM »
when I was working on changing the headgasket, I accidently knocked the dist off a shelf and it broke the rotor off. i got a new one on it but is there anything that could have been damaged?  everything looks ok, but under the rotor there are two spots where wire is coiled up and was covered in either glue of a little plastic cap well one of them come off and wire is exposed but none cut, could that hurt it?  any way of testing it?  that still doesn't solve the engine light not coming on because I am sure it is in the right place.

boggerunner

• Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 02, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »
im not sure, it would be the first thing i check, go junkyarding for a new dist.

booger1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2008, 04:03:31 PM »
can't find one locally, there any way of telling if it is still good.  It only fell like a foot and came off a running car. any way to check it?

booger1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2008, 07:42:57 PM »
got another dist and still nothing :wall: .  what do I do now?  what else could it be?   my truck has been down for too long and I need it this winter

booger1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2008, 10:31:56 PM »
what would yall check next. i know the computer is good because the car started before :driving: . i don't care if i have to get another harness and start again, i just wan't to hear it run.

boggerunner

• Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2008, 11:16:24 PM »
is the ignitor sending a signal to the dist?  oh wait i got that backwards, the dist sends a signal to the ignitor and tells it when to fire, but im not sure on which wires, try finding a factory toyota service manual online.

booger1 [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 24, 2008, 07:14:16 PM »
i don't care if i have to get another engine harness. what should i do?

dopeassjackson

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Mar '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2009, 03:48:16 PM »
where are you guys getting wireing diagrams from?  is there a 7M to toyota pickup diagram out there?  wheres the B1 connector?   i spent the past 2hrs looking over an 88 supra 7mge diagram, but i dont have a plug number diagram.
 im putting a 1988 7mge in my 86 runner.

dniel

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 194
  • Member since Feb '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2009, 04:31:13 PM »
where are you guys getting wireing diagrams from?  is there a 7M to toyota pickup diagram out there?  wheres the B1 connector?   i spent the past 2hrs looking over an 88 supra 7mge diagram, but i dont have a plug number diagram.
 im putting a 1988 7mge in my 86 runner.

I used a haynes guide when I did mine. It does not list the plug names but shows the correct wire colors. With this and a guide for your year truck you should be able to splice things together as the two efi systems are very similar. Which wires are you wondering about? You should only need 4-6 to fire the engine.

I looked on supracharged.com and the b1 is the big square yellow connector. It will have the thicker gauge wires in the center with the thinner ones around the outside. This is were the supra engine harness would receive power from the supra ignition. This will have a thick black with blue stripe which is the starter. As long as the starter is grounded applying power to this will turn the motor. There is also a thick black/orange which suplies power to injecters and coil.

Splice switch power to these and a couple others to the wires coming from your trucks ignition. All the wires you need should be down were your old 22r engine harness went to the ecu. When you wire the starter make sure you wire it to start power and not from the on position as this will be bad for the starter.  :_oops:
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2009, 04:48:46 PM by dniel »
1uz-fe, 1 tons, 44" tsl

boggerunner

• Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 24, 2009, 11:09:12 AM »