Author Topic: MCR Caravan leaving from Sacramento - Friday morning 9/12 - Who's going??  (Read 15612 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Alright ya'll, I need a show of hands who's going to meet up at 6am with us.  I would like to get everyone's number/name and rig info so that we'll know when we can leave.  We'll wait as late as 6:30 if we have to, but I'd prefer everyone be there by 6 if possible - the earlier we can hit the road the better.  I would like to be at the springs by Friday night.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,058
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
I'll be somewhere between the meeting place and the trail head.  I have your phone number and will PM with details when I get it worked out.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
I'll be somewhere between the meeting place and the trail head.  I have your phone number and will PM with details when I get it worked out.

Sounds good... when it all comes down to it, I won't have cell service after 7am.... so we'll plan a meeting point where you can jump on the freeway with us or something :thumbs: No prob!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Since you guys are meeting in the opposite direction of where I am coming from I think I will just try and hook with you on the trail. I have a friend that lives right in Georgetown and what we might do is go stay the night at his house Thurs day and get the rig locked loaded and ready to go, then head to the trail at 6:30-7:00 AM. That way we don't have to deal with any early morning scramble, we can just eat some grub and cruise to the trail. So you guys think you will be at Loon by about 7:30AM friday??
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Since you guys are meeting in the opposite direction of where I am coming from I think I will just try and hook with you on the trail. I have a friend that lives right in Georgetown and what we might do is go stay the night at his house Thurs day and get the rig locked loaded and ready to go, then head to the trail at 6:30-7:00 AM. That way we don't have to deal with any early morning scramble, we can just eat some grub and cruise to the trail. So you guys think you will be at Loon by about 7:30AM friday??

We're leavin Sac no later than 6:30am.. and hoping blackdiamond can jump on the freeway with us if we all time it right going through Placerville.  Hoping to be to the trailhead by 8am - depending on the rest of the rigs.  I'm driving the Pathfinder up, so I can haul :moon: if I need to, but I don't want to ditch anyone.  We'll be keeping in touch via walkie talkies I am hoping.

Oh yeah, if anyone has any, bring em!

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
blackdog and a few of us will be up there on thur night camping and have breakfast ready for you guys when you show up.  Just let us know how many people you will have so we can cook enough

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Cool guys! We should be on the trail then by the time your caravan arrives in the morning. Are you guys camping right at at Loon thurs night?

As for our group, its just going to be my 4runner. occupants will be me, my girlfriend Starr, and my buddy Wade.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
yeah i will probably unload my rig and camp next to my trailer the first night.  maybe go play next to the spill way

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
yeah i will probably unload my rig and camp next to my trailer the first night.  maybe go play next to the spill way

Cool, well we know where to find you :greengrin:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Cool guys! We should be on the trail then by the time your caravan arrives in the morning. Are you guys camping right at at Loon thurs night?

As for our group, its just going to be my 4runner. occupants will be me, my girlfriend Starr, and my buddy Wade.

:yesnod:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile

hey lets not pull a dave and break at the spillway

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile

buuuuuwaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa

yo justin you headed down there thursday or friday am?

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee

No kidding!!! No playin on Thursday night guys :nonono: Start callin ya OYCJ and Infernal :bat:

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
friday in the am.  last year i froze sleeping in the back of my truck.  so i'll just get up early and head up

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
No kidding!!! No playin on Thursday night guys :nonono: Start callin ya OYCJ and Infernal :bat:
wow one to talk didn't you break right before gate keeper :gap: good thing mark was there with the parts  :cheese:

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
FFC blackdiamond isnt going to go through placerville he is prolly goin in the backway which is a ton faster for him
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
FFC blackdiamond isnt going to go through placerville he is prolly goin in the backway which is a ton faster for him

Just goin off of this...

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile

Do tell.  I'm planning to drive from WA on Thursday and figured Placerville was the closest place to grab a hotel before heading to the trail.  Is there a better place or a shorter route?

1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Do tell.  I'm planning to drive from WA on Thursday and figured Placerville was the closest place to grab a hotel before heading to the trail.  Is there a better place or a shorter route?

If you don't need to go all the way to Sacramento, just stay in Auburn and take the Georgetown route to the trailhead.  :dunno: Has that yet been considered?

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
If you don't need to go all the way to Sacramento, just stay in Auburn and take the Georgetown route to the trailhead.  :dunno: Has that yet been considered?

How is that much faster?  It is 739 miles to Auburn via Chico and 774 via Sac.  I would think the higher speed limit on the freeway, considering we should be arriving fairly late, would make the driving time similar?  Placerville is only 789 miles.  What am I missing?

:dunno:

Rockcrawlintoy

• 4 doors for more whores
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 2147
  • Male Posts: 2,339
  • Member since Dec '03
  • RIP Kyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
im an idiot i for 46&2 mixed up with blackdiamond, and yes there is a shorter route. kinda hard to explain since i dont know the actual road numbers i just know how to get there.
Resident Jeep Guy
2007 JKU All Stock
ECV 7-11

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
How is that much faster?  It is 739 miles to Auburn via Chico and 774 via Sac.  I would think the higher speed limit on the freeway, considering we should be arriving fairly late, would make the driving time similar?  Placerville is only 789 miles.  What am I missing?

:dunno:

LOL.... Was thinkin you were comin down 80... if you're comin via Chico, then yeah go the planned route :doh:

See what you did Drew you messed all of us up :hahaha: j/k!

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
LOL.... Was thinkin you were comin down 80... if you're comin via Chico, then yeah go the planned route :doh:

See what you did Drew you messed all of us up :hahaha: j/k!

I-80 don't go to WA.  From Eastern WA it's about the same to go via Salt Lake and Vegas, but from Western WA I-5 does the trick.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
I-80 don't go to WA.  From Eastern WA it's about the same to go via Salt Lake and Vegas, but from Western WA I-5 does the trick.

Gotchya... carry on as planned :outahere: maybe we'll meet up in P-Ville.. you can jump on the freeway with us or something.  We want to avoid stopping if we can.. but if we time it just right we can just keep on rollin and you can jump in with us. 

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink

I HATE I-5 with a passion! i usually cross the columbia at the eastern side right under the Tri-Cities and cut down thru central Oregon and go thru Klamoth Falls.

it quicker for me and cuts out all the nonsense.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile

What're you doing bd?  Heading down 5 to Sacramento, and then taking 50 to Ice house? 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

blackdiamond

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
What're you doing bd?  Heading down 5 to Sacramento, and then taking 50 to Ice house? 

Basically, unless someone sheds some light on an obviously better route.  I go south and east from my house to get to I-5.

yota18

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -61
  • Male Posts: 448
  • Member since Sep '07
    • View Profile
hope everyone is ready just three days left i cant wait

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Internet Lassies
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Ditto! I'll be at the HD there on Power Inn/Folsom by 6am... So far we only have me and yota18 for sure meeting up there.  We'll be having some folks hit the freeway with us as well... We should be at least 4 rigs deep after we pick up Chris (full size blazer) and Blackdiamond on the way up.  Am I missing anyone?

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Ditto! I'll be at the HD there on Power Inn/Folsom by 6am... So far we only have me and yota18 for sure meeting up there.  We'll be having some folks hit the freeway with us as well... We should be at least 4 rigs deep after we pick up Chris (full size blazer) and Blackdiamond on the way up.  Am I missing anyone?

snowshoebrue