Author Topic: 1985 Toyota 4Runner/Tow Rig/Trailer - Monett, MO  (Read 2295 times)

colsoncj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 124
  • Male Posts: 101
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Need more money for more mods
    • View Profile
1985 Toyota 4Runner/Tow Rig/Trailer - Monett, MO
« on: Jun 09, 2008, 08:49:54 PM »
EDIT:  ALL UPDATED:

In an effort to downsize my fleet and get my newer taco, I'm selling my 1985 4Runner, and my 99 Suburban.  I'd be happy to sell them independently, or together with a trailer for a package deal.

4Runner:
Its got 171K on it, 22RE, solid axle of course, vinyl interior, and is the utility model.  Some of you guys may have seen my resto thread for it, so you're semi familiar with the rig.  Lately I've been driving it around town and its been an AWESOME rig to drive... really love it.  Its got a fairly straight body that only has a little toyota rust on the rear quarters, none on the front, and has a solid, clean underbelly.  The motor runs great, and the tranny works good.  The clutch is brand new (less than 30 miles), and is still a little touchy, but works great.  Would make someone a good DD, weekend wheeler, or a start for an awesome build.  I'm asking $2750 for it, but will gladly entertain offers, so feel free to shoot an offer (whats the worst that can happen, we've all heard no before :) ).  Below are a couple pics, and I can get plenty more if ya want!  Also, for a couple hundred more I'd throw in an 84 pickup parts truck thats around 85% complete. 

Suburban (Tow Rig)
Its a 99 2500 4WD suburban with the 454 and 3.73 rear and 171K miles.  With a loaded trailer, gear, people, etc... it gets around 9-10 mpg.  For unloaded mileage it used to get around 15-17, but I havent had a full tank that I checked the mileage on without pulling a trailer in a while...  Its got the SLT package with power everything, leather, etc... I've added a pioneer premier head unit, pioneer premier subs in the back barn doors powered by an alpine amp, its got a flip down display for the back 2 rows, and hookups for a DVD player or gaming console (I had a PS2 in it).  The front windows are tinted 35% and the back is all 2%.  It runs great, just had a recent tune up and new bosch injectors put in it to correct the crappy atomization characteristics of the delphi OEM injectors.  The tires are in awesome shape (bridgestone dueler AT REVOs), and it just had a oil change not too long ago either.  The truck really needs absolutely nothing, just get in and drive.  It really makes an awesome tow rig.  Load up friends, gear, and a trailer with tows and have a great weekend.  I usually take out the 3rd row and use an air bed in the back for camping.  Here are some pics of it, and I can get more if needed!  Asking $6500 OBO

Interior Pics:

Trailer:
Trailer is a 2006 20' 7K lbs tandem axle steel frame, wood floor trailer.  It has brakes on the rear axle, and looks pretty much like any other standard trailer.  Tires are in ok shape and everything works (lights brakes) great.  One of the floor boards is cracked, but I've been using it cracked without problems for a while now.  The trailer doesnt have any sides on it (except the fenders), so I built custom sides for it to haul dirt/rock/compost etc... and it does come with ramps.  It also has a 2' dove (18'flat, 2'dove = 20') which makes it nice to get a car on.  It is big enough to put my 87 runner on, and at least 1 ATV.  I wont sell the trailer seperate, but would include with the burb and runner for a package deal at $9750 OBO.  I dont have pics of the trailer right now, but can get some for interested parties!

Any quesitons let me know, and all prices are negotiable!!!
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2008, 09:57:52 AM by colsoncj »
87 4Runner, ProComp IFS lift, Chevy Rears, 4.88 w/ lockers Fr & Rr, plenty of goodies and creature comforts!

colsoncj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
Re: 1985 Toyota 4Runner - Monett, MO
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2008, 11:25:13 AM »
bump for lower price!!! 3000.  Someone make me an offer!
87 4Runner, ProComp IFS lift, Chevy Rears, 4.88 w/ lockers Fr & Rr, plenty of goodies and creature comforts!

colsoncj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
BTW, heres why I'm selling it... just brought it home yesterday:

GJToyotabug

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 969
  • Member since Jan '08
  • The bug is deep in this one
    • View Profile
    • Alcan Spring
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2008, 10:28:53 PM »
purdy taco. I want your 4runner but I have no money sorry

colsoncj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2008, 12:59:33 AM »
thanks for the compliment!!!  and no reason to be sorry for no money... i'm in the same boat, hence the sale!

And for those die hard people, I know thats a 2WD grille on the rig... It was the prettiest one i had.  i do have a 4wd grille if someone so wanted it switched...

colsoncj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
edited to include tow rig and trailer if wanted for a sweet package deal!!!

GJToyotabug

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
    • Alcan Spring
how much for the trailer?

GJToyotabug

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jan '08
    • View Profile
    • Alcan Spring
oh never mind just finished reading all of it

colsoncj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
updated with more pics!!!

Also, Burb has front and rear heat and air, both work great.  Also has a trailer brake controller that works well too, and a small power inverter.

colsoncj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
updated prices, 2750 for the runner, 6500 for the burb, or 9750 fof all.