Author Topic: Driveline question  (Read 2864 times)

JohnHalladay

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 221
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
Driveline question
« on: May 07, 2008, 09:38:27 PM »
Ok so heres the deal, im doing a sas on my 88 pickup this summer, and i want to start buying the parts soon so i have all the stuff by the time its ready to be sas. Im buying the ADDICTED OFFROAD ifs iliminator kit (4inch), ADDICTED OFFROAD rear lift (4inch) im gonna run 4:88 or 5:29 i cant decide. i want to run 35 inch tires to 37's witch gears should i go? also what will i need to do about my drive lines? i know i will have to replace the front, but what about the rear? (i also have a 3inch body lift, 7 inchs total) and one more question, were do i find the front axel gusset with the toyota logo on it??? feel free to give me some suggestions. the truck is going to be a DD for now, but im going to wheel it on the weekends. later down the road it will be a trail rig.  :beerchug:

heres some pics of the truck now with just the 3 inch body lift and 31's

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Re: Driveline question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 09:42:34 PM »
I am fairly certain the addicted offroad stuff is all Trail-Gear. Just thought I would warn you. They use the same pics as on the Trail-Gear site, and use Trail-Gear trademarked words.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:50:44 PM by KDXSR5 »

JohnHalladay [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:58:47 PM »
yea i noticed that. they are just a couple hundred bucks cheaper. and they have all the same parts. im not going to use there spings though. i want somthing a little more....non-flexy i guess a good word would be.

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 11:06:16 PM »
sky manufacturing sells the toyota axle truss with the logo on it

http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 05:27:05 AM »
Which springs are you using?
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

JohnHalladay [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 07:34:05 AM »
i think im going to get some sky springs.... what have you guys heard about those?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 07:41:50 AM »
i think im going to get some sky springs.... what have you guys heard about those?
I know they are made by a company called Portland Spring...thats about it....not many people are running them yet that I am aware of
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

JohnHalladay [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 07:53:21 AM »
yea im just looking for spme springs that can handle some loads and not sag that much. i heard marlin springs are super flexy or else i would get those...

heres another thing i want to do to my truck. bob the bed to the rear shakles i photoshoped this pic and i like what the truck looks like with a bobbed bed....

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 08:39:06 AM »
yea i noticed that. they are just a couple hundred bucks cheaper. and they have all the same parts. im not going to use there spings though. i want somthing a little more....non-flexy i guess a good word would be.
NO  they are NOT  "all the same parts"

if you want something "a little non flexy"   KEEP THE IFS :slap:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 08:41:29 AM »
and besides the "well everybody is doing it"  why are you going to bob it?? 

i havent seen one pic of your truck offroad  much less  hung up on a rock  cause  the overhang was too much
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

JohnHalladay [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 03:37:26 PM »
WTF 79coyote why do you have to be such a BIT** about everything! the truck isnt running right know cause of my whole motor issue i told you about! so stop trying to knock me about everything and step off my nutz and stop bit**** about everything i do or post! ok?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 04:32:37 PM »
WTF 79coyote why do you have to be such a BIT** about everything! the truck isnt running right know cause of my whole motor issue i told you about! so stop trying to knock me about everything and step off my nutz and stop bit**** about everything i do or post! ok?
:thud:  im sorry,  i didnt realize  i was doing that  :therethere:

its just when i see  the "ifs eliminator kit"  that means TrailGear  and that puts me  in instant  :moon: mood, because of how the ones  who established TG put the screw to Marlin

engine problem ??

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 04:53:36 PM »
beds don't need bobbing, they need custom rock clearancing like this

JohnHalladay [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 05:07:47 PM »
ok thats fine....

ok so hears the deal my dad had the truck new since 88 and he blew the motor in 2000 and the truck has been sitting for 7 years. and so i got the truck from him and ive been fixing all the problems that the truck has from sitting for 7 years. i bought the new motor this summer and been working on it ever since. and i finnaly got to the point were i could start the motor and the motor had a rod knock. so i had to pull the motor again and now i have to find another motor to buy. and thats why i dont have any wheelin pic. cause i havent even got to drive the truck yet. i have been running into problem after problem with it. the only reason im keeping it is cause my dad is the origanl owner and that makes me the 2nd owner. and the truck is super clean.

OOPS

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1304
  • Male Posts: 2,561
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 09:24:10 PM »
Why not rebuild what you have instead of getting another engine that you know nothing about?
David & Theresa Fritzsche, 1990 Ex-Cab with a few mods!!!!!!!!! Roseville, CA Sobriety =Serenity

JohnHalladay [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 07:38:46 PM »
i was going to rebuild the motor that was in the truck befor i got it. but once i broke into it the was no rebuilding it. pluse there was a hole in the block. so i had no choice so i just bought a new one. but there place is a joke were i bought the motor from. i wish i would have just pulled one from a junk yard and rebuilt it instead.