Author Topic: pics of first gens  (Read 5703 times)

bonebuilt

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 41
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
pics of first gens
« on: Mar 03, 2008, 10:00:54 PM »
i just got a first gen ive built a few 2nd gen yota and just want some pics of first gens with different size lifts to see what im gonna like and what size tires are on the truck to thanks for the help
John

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
Re: pics of first gens
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2008, 10:39:58 PM »
1981 Long Bed 5" skyjacker front, F150 Rear springs no blocks with dual shackles, 3" body lift and 37" MT/Rs. THe truck was way too tall but it was cool

RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2008, 11:18:43 PM »
1981 truck 5" MC trail flex kit 3" body lift, 36" tires

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2008, 04:14:19 PM »
check the rig gallery, and project buildups.   There's even a thread in rig gallery called, you guessed it, 1st gens!!  :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

TheCookieMonster

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Male Posts: 973
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2008, 04:25:46 PM »
check the rig gallery, and project buildups.   There's even a thread in rig gallery called, you guessed it, 1st gens!!  :thumbs:

X2

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »
X3, there's a ton of pics in that thread.  I think it's called "show us those jap round fenders" or something like that.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

bonebuilt [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2008, 07:28:35 PM »
thanks for the info greatly appreciated
John

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

bonebuilt [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2008, 09:39:11 PM »
hey thanks i want to go bigger then a 4 inch but cant afford dual case for awhile and not havin 4wd would suck thanks for the link
John

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2008, 10:24:19 PM »
What size tires you plan on running?  With proper axle placement and minimal trimming, you should be able to get at least 36s on with 4", bigger if you do some finagling.
RIP KYOTA

bonebuilt [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:10:26 PM »
i have a set of 35s right now but im thinkin 37s i plan on goin with marlin and there springs only move the axle a 1 or so  i thought of the all pro 6 inch cause i like the looks of marlins but he has 5s and some long shacles i think with some big fenders so i thought 6 would be good do u know what kind of quality all pro is compared to marlin i had there sas kit on my last yota and they kinda screwed me around on the shipping and stuff so id it worth the extra 250 to buy marlin
John

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2008, 07:15:22 PM »
All pro, marlin and sky all carry very good quality springs.  All pro and marlin are both stand up companies and will try and take care of you, but my brand loyalty lies with marlin.  How did all pro screw you on shipping?
RIP KYOTA

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2008, 07:52:38 PM »
whats a first gen?

bonebuilt [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Mar 06, 2008, 10:59:43 PM »
well i bought the sas kit from them and paid for 3 day shipping so i could do it that weekend and come friday i got one spring and 2 little boxes of stuff thats all so i called and then they said they ran out of time gettin the rest of the stuff together so it wouldnt be here til the next week so the next week i got a couple more boxes and still was missing parts so i called and they said they didnt have them ready again so i tryed to get my refund for shipping cause it cost a pretty penny to do 3 day and they basically said ti bad and had a bad aditude so i just dont know if i want to even buy there parts again
John

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 06, 2008, 11:19:31 PM »
well i bought the sas kit from them and paid for 3 day shipping so i could do it that weekend and come friday i got one spring and 2 little boxes of stuff thats all so i called and then they said they ran out of time gettin the rest of the stuff together so it wouldnt be here til the next week so the next week i got a couple more boxes and still was missing parts so i called and they said they didnt have them ready again so i tryed to get my refund for shipping cause it cost a pretty penny to do 3 day and they basically said ti bad and had a bad aditude so i just dont know if i want to even buy there parts again

How long ago was that?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

bonebuilt [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 07, 2008, 10:26:31 AM »
it was about for to five months ago
John

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 07, 2008, 08:44:08 PM »
Speak to Infernal, he works at All Pro.  I am sure he can help you out.  I ran 35" with no lift for a while.  I had no bed and trimmed the heck out of my front finders. I do not recommend this but it can be done.

yota_krawler

• Cody Hunter
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 3,379
  • Member since Oct '06
  • proud parent!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 07, 2008, 10:32:08 PM »

thats shitty man
Tow Rig: 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab: lift and tires.
Wheeler: 1985 Toyota 4runner Semi Built: project http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=89681.msg1013539#msg1013539

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 07, 2008, 10:50:32 PM »
That would put a bad taste in my mouth too.  I'd call, ask to speak to a manager and explain the situation.  If they get snotty and say "what do you want us to do about it now, after the fact?", I'd tell them you're planning on making another substantial purchase and would like to know why you should again take a chance on giving them your business.  If they're a half way decent company you'll get a good response and an offer to try and make it right again, but if you get a poor response, bad attitude and hear something along the lines of "we won't starve if you don't buy our springs", I'd steer very clear of them!

I know these types of transactions happen too often, but the problem is we're only hearing one side of the story.  I'm not at all saying you're lying, but you have to understand that people will usually take what they hear with a grain of salt.

Good luck, you have a tough decision ahead! 
RIP KYOTA

Yoat Goat

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 37
  • Male Posts: 731
  • Member since Aug '07
  • Someday my truck will look like this
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2008, 07:27:52 PM »
My brother recently did a sas swap using All pro's cause they had a good deal and got (1) 4" spring and (1) 5" spring... But they worked it out so its cool. I'd still go with marlin though.
T urning
O ver after
Y ears
O f
T rail
A buse

bonebuilt [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 14, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »
ya i want to go with marlin but the 250 dollar price difference is big with the budget i have
John

rcbro

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mar 18, 2008, 10:05:26 PM »
there's also a thread of first gens on pirate

yota_krawler

• Cody Hunter
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 5
  • Male Posts: 3,379
  • Member since Oct '06
  • proud parent!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Mar 18, 2008, 10:06:28 PM »
and like 2 more just on here but oh well! lol
Tow Rig: 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab: lift and tires.
Wheeler: 1985 Toyota 4runner Semi Built: project http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=89681.msg1013539#msg1013539