Author Topic: I got some drinking to do!  (Read 3831 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
I got some drinking to do!
« on: Dec 07, 2007, 09:48:10 PM »
At Costco they had some of my favorite beverages!  On sale too!!

Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: I got some drinking to do!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2007, 10:26:08 PM »
Coors light  :puke:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2007, 12:03:19 AM »
Coors light  :puke:

x2

but the Dead Guy Ale is good stuff!!!
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2007, 12:23:41 AM »
Never tried that.  I had a double b*std the other day.  Well, I had about 5 gulps of it before I poured it out.  That was a waste of $5 :shake:  Shoulda just bought the arrogent b*std, but atleast I know!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2007, 12:36:44 AM »
Never tried that.  I had a double b*std the other day.  Well, I had about 5 gulps of it before I poured it out.  That was a waste of $5 :shake:  Shoulda just bought the arrogent b*std, but atleast I know!

Damn, thats a shame. I have not tried the double b*std. havnt seen it in any stores around here. youve got me really curious now though
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2007, 01:00:29 AM »
top  :thumbs:

good night...snow/mush run tomorrow at 830    :yesnod:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »
x2

x3 dead guy is the shiznat!

thats quite a difference between those 2 beers cheesy! :cheese:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2007, 01:19:19 PM »
should have corked it and sent it to me. :drool:

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2007, 01:21:39 PM »
ive seen the dead guy before, i might of had a sip off my buddies i dont remember. so its tasty huh?
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2007, 01:30:32 PM »
ive seen the dead guy before, i might of had a sip off my buddies i dont remember. so its tasty huh?

:yesnod:  Its a great beer!! 

Cheesy, I'm with you on both choices, the silver bullet is my piss beer of choice, great for wheeling or wrenchin in the garage, where it doesn't really matter if it gets spilled, dumped, lost, forgotten, etc. (I'm terrible about setting stuff down and losing it when I'm wrenching, including safety glasses, wrenches, welding rod, sockets, beers, etc. ) 

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2007, 01:36:15 PM »

Gratefully dedicated to the Rogue in each of us. In the early 1990s Dead Guy Ale was created as a private tap sticker to celebrate the Mayan Day of the Dead (November 1st, All Souls Day) for Casa U Betcha in Portland, Oregon. The Dead Guy design proved popular and was incorporated into a bottled product a few years later with Maierbock as the elixir. Strangely, the association with the Grateful Dead is pure coincidence.

Dead Guy is a German-style Maibock made with Rogue’s proprietary "PacMan" ale yeast. It is deep honey in color with a malty aroma, rich hearty flavor and a well balanced finish. Dead Guy is created from Northwest Harrington, Klages, Maier Munich and Carastan malts, along with Perle and Saaz Hops. Dead Guy Ale is available in 22-ounce bottles, 12-ounce 6-pack, and on draft.

Measurements: 16 degrees Plato, IBU 40, Apparent Attenuation 78, Lovibond 16
No Chemicals, Additives, or Preservatives

that means its good... :psss: also, 6.6% alkerhaul and it sneaks up on ya
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2007, 02:03:08 PM »
... :psss: also, 6.6% alkerhaul and it sneaks up on ya

Try the double b*std then, it's 10% and it doesn't just sneak up on ya...
RIP KYOTA

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2007, 02:05:20 PM »

:werd: it,  clubs you in the head to let you know its there.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2007, 02:18:46 PM »

according to my calculations.....if u drank FOUR 12 ounce double bastards at 10% alkerhaul....that would be equivalent to taking TWELVE one ounce shots of 80 proof liquor....sounds like fun! :boozer:

:thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2007, 02:24:09 PM »
We'll see what the neighbor dogs/cats think of it.  They always walk over my porch, now there's a little "treat" out there for them :haha:
RIP KYOTA

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2007, 05:52:35 PM »
  according to my calculations.....if u drank FOUR 12 ounce double b*stds at 10% alkerhaul....that would be equivalent to taking TWELVE one ounce shots of 80 proof liquor....sounds like fun! :boozer:

:thumbs:

Yeah Stone also makes one called the Russian Imperial Stout and its something like 11.7% alcohol  :yikes:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »
Yeah Stone also makes one called the Russian Imperial Stout and its something like 11.7% alcohol  :yikes:
ever had barley wine? thats some pretty stiff stuff too  :beerchug:
RIP KYOTA

Cheesemaker [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2007, 08:15:35 PM »
I like Coors Light cause it's cheap.  I love the micros we got around here, (Widmer, Red Hook, McMinnemin's, Full Sail, Deschutes, and so on!) but with the hops, and grains getting expensive because of that damn bio fuel that isn't worth a crap, I have to pay more for really good beer!  So, I have to sacrifice with Coors Light!  Budweiser, Miller and a few others that are cheap, makes me  :bolt: :toilet: :fart:   Coors Light doesn't, and the wife will let me in the house!  For shop beer it's keystone light.  My everyday beer if I could, would be Henry's Pale Ale!  I love going to the Rogue Brewery in Newport, and we also have the Pelican Pub in Pacific City that makes some really good, award winning beers!  http://www.pelicanbrewery.com/pages/brewery.html  And Darron is a cool guy, and he let's me in the brew house whenever, cause I love the smell of the brew house!  YUM!!   :yesnod:

I got some collectors bottles of Dead Guy, with the skeleton that glows in the dark!!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

te51levin

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 130
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Grumpy, but pretty good at it
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »
Agreed.  I had one tonight at a genuinely seedy dive located in a part of Eugene affectionately (!?) known as Felony Flats.  Not bad at all!

10.8% if my info is correct - yikes!  Imperial Stout is a style of beer, not just a product of that brewery, and the only one I've had much of is North Coast Old Rasputin, which is "only" 9%.  Excellent stuff though.  I didn't used to like the stronger (higher alcohol) beers and barleywines, but now I can't get enough of them.  Not a big fan of Coors Light though.  If you don't want to drink it, I guess you could serve it to the kids with breakfast, or just fill a bucket and use it to wash the car.   :outtahere:

...and grains getting expensive because of that damn bio fuel that isn't worth a crap...
Call 'em as you see 'em, but I'm buying 105 octane fuel for $2.39 a gallon!  I really wish I had known that we would be able to get this before I built the engine with only a piddling 11.3:1 compression ratio.  Right about now I'd much rather be at maybe 13.5:1.  But that's a whole 'nuther discussion and not really related to either off-roadies or beer... :burnout:

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 09, 2007, 01:36:30 PM »
Agreed.  I had one tonight at a genuinely seedy dive located in a part of Eugene affectionately (!?) known as Felony Flats.  Not bad at all!
10.8% if my info is correct - yikes!  Imperial Stout is a style of beer, not just a product of that brewery, and the only one I've had much of is North Coast Old Rasputin, which is "only" 9%.  Excellent stuff though.  I didn't used to like the stronger (higher alcohol) beers and barleywines, but now I can't get enough of them.  Not a big fan of Coors Light though.  If you don't want to drink it, I guess you could serve it to the kids with breakfast, or just fill a bucket and use it to wash the car.   :outtahere:

Oh yah I couldnt remember how much alcohol content it had i havnt seen it available lately. but i have tried the old Rasputin but I didnt like it as much as the one made by Stone

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2007, 05:54:23 PM »
We'll see what the neighbor dogs/cats think of it.  They always walk over my porch, now there's a little "treat" out there for them :haha:

I saw a bee circling the bowl of beer today, then watched him land.  I stepped outside, found something to scoop him out with and put him on the porch.  He was still struggling a few minutes later and looked like he was shivering, so I put him out in direct sunlight.  10 minutes later he was still moving very slowly.  Kinda wish I'd had a jar to stick him in and see how long he stayed tipsy :haha:
RIP KYOTA