Author Topic: Thank you Senator Reid (D-Nev)  (Read 845 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Thank you Senator Reid (D-Nev)
« on: Nov 07, 2007, 05:44:04 PM »
Thank you Senator. With out your uncanny ability to grasp the situation at hand and make it clear to us, the unwashed masses, we might not have been able to put a face on the impending doom that faces mankind. "Global Warming" is no longer a faceless, nameless disaster looming on the horizon...

“One reason why we have the fires in California is global warming,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) told reporters Tuesday, stressing the need to pass the Democrats’ comprehensive energy package.   :idiot:

Well Senator Reid…now we know that “Global Warming” is just a 10 year old boy…a “troublesome child”

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20071107/us_time/willachildbechargedinthefires

“The 10-year-old boy who accidentally started one of the worst California wildfires last month could face stern consequences, should prosecutors decide to bring charges. Though too young to be charged as an adult, the boy could still face millions of dollars in fines, removal from his home and possible detention as a ward of the state. For now the boy's fate - and that of his parents, who would be partially liable for any restitution payments he would have to pay - rests with Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley. His office told TIME he has not yet decided how to proceed. "The matter is under review," spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons told TIME on Monday. "No decision has been made." “

So, instead of wasting billions of dollars to fix “Global warming” why don’t we just give "Global Warming" time out and a stern talking too…until it learns it's lesson? 
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you Senator Reid (D-Nev)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2007, 08:28:42 PM »
Haha yeah when I read that I though "Sucks to be that kid's parents"

Going to be paying for their dumbass spawn for the rest of their lives
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2007, 09:39:39 PM »
Ahhh I knew some knuckle head would finally be able to associate a true disaster with a fictional one, in an effort to give some legitimacy to the perpetuated fiction.

Another Gore robot mindlessly spouting idiocy.
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1088
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2007, 11:42:17 PM »
:shake:  figures.  Was that brad pitt who said hurricane katrina was a man-made disaster?  Full on pieces of :pokinit:!  Idiots and the uninformed shouldn't be allowed to open their pie holes in the presence of others.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2007, 12:07:08 AM »
:shake:  figures.  Was that brad pitt who said hurricane katrina was a man-made disaster?  Full on pieces of :pokinit:!  Idiots and the uninformed shouldn't be allowed to open their pie holes in the presence of others.

Yeah, but how do you really feel?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)