Author Topic: stolen in san diego  (Read 5925 times)

rscalmo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 118
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
stolen in san diego
« on: Oct 15, 2007, 12:45:59 PM »
my beautiful 1981 was stolen from me yesterday from downtown! so depressed right now.i got that passed down from my dad and i turned it into an awesome beast. its probably at a hack shop in tijuana...either that or some lucky mexican is dune jumping in baja!
rebuilt 22R, downey header long tubes, 2.5" exhaust, 4 inch marlin lift with 3 inch shackles, detriot locker, 4.88's on 33's.marlin cross over steering and fror crossmember, power steering conversion, chromoly 30 spline bobby longs, 86+ wider rear axle, 12 inch 5150's all around, fully gusseted with armor...soon to be sitting on 35 bfg MT with an all pro roll cage and rock lights!

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Trade Count: (-2)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Re: stolen in san diego
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2007, 01:03:31 PM »
No way dude,that sucks.I'll put the word out man,some other guy we know just got his Jeep crawler stolen on Saturday morning too.I'll keep an eye out dude,I'll let you know if I hear anything,I think I still have your # somewhere but if not just PM me,good luck!!!
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2007, 01:40:40 PM »
Have any recent pictures? I will keep my eyes posted in Nor cal...im pretty far north but there is no harm in keeping an eye out. Hope you get your baby back.. always a bummer to hear about this :pokinit:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

rscalmo [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2007, 03:24:38 PM »
rebuilt 22R, downey header long tubes, 2.5" exhaust, 4 inch marlin lift with 3 inch shackles, detriot locker, 4.88's on 33's.marlin cross over steering and fror crossmember, power steering conversion, chromoly 30 spline bobby longs, 86+ wider rear axle, 12 inch 5150's all around, fully gusseted with armor...soon to be sitting on 35 bfg MT with an all pro roll cage and rock lights!

rscalmo [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 15, 2007, 03:28:06 PM »

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2007, 07:11:02 PM »
I feel ya,
sorry to hear that
mayby you will atleast get most of it back.

84socal

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 888
  • Member since Aug '07
  • freind of johnson valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2007, 08:04:14 PM »
that sucks man   
Lets shoot fireballs at it !!

OH man, we're  gonna get so  busted!!!

Misfit4Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 313
  • Member since Jul '07
  • This line intentionally left blank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2007, 09:08:49 PM »
beautiful rig man ill keep the eyes peeled up here in oceanside for yah!
If you dont stand behind our troops, Please feel free to stand in front of them.

88 xtra cab sas'd dual cases flatbed

rscalmo [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 16, 2007, 12:16:29 AM »
i wish it could get some of it back! that things was stripped in tj an hour after it was stolen! with only liability insurance too...advice to everyone:insure everything! think im gonna insure everything i own from now on!

Misfit4Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2007, 09:11:31 PM »
it being stripped was that speculation or is that a fact? my familys had 2 yotas stolen and we got both back within a week... you never know
If you dont stand behind our troops, Please feel free to stand in front of them.

rscalmo [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2007, 11:07:02 PM »
well that gives hope! where did they take them and what was taken from the vehicles??

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2007, 11:11:24 PM »
Hey were you serious about it being stripped in TJ?.Reason I ask (and I hadn't even thought about this)is because I know a couple of Rock Crawlers in TJ who own Toyotas.Definately not car thieves but I will get in touch with them to see if they know or hear of anything.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

rscalmo [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 16, 2007, 11:17:51 PM »
please do! if u need any specs on anything let me know! and for the record i was assuming it went to tj since most cars go there, thats why sd has a car stolen every 20 min!!!

Misfit4Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 17, 2007, 04:54:06 PM »
deffiantly gotta go to home depot and get a fat chain to go from my steering wheel to and mabey around the brake pedal?

and the last yota my dad had stolen they took it in downtown from his job site and like 2 days layeter when it was found their was like food wrappers in it and it looked like they used it to move... go figure

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 17, 2007, 04:58:34 PM »
deffiantly gotta go to home depot and get a fat chain to go from my steering wheel to and mabey around the brake pedal?

and the last yota my dad had stolen they took it in downtown from his job site and like 2 days layeter when it was found their was like food wrappers in it and it looked like they used it to move... go figure
My dad had an 81 stolen from him that was IDENTICAL to rscalmo's and it was recovered a week and a half later.They stole the rims & tires,stereo and off-road lights.I will get in touch with the guy I know in a few minutes here.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Oct 19, 2007, 03:09:36 PM »
I just talked to my buddie and told him about it,he said he's gonna spread the word.He lives in Murrieta but his club is based out of Tijuana and he also said he's gonna post it on one of their local boards ( www.4x4survivors.org and www.baja4x4.org ) .I'm gonna link this thread after he posts it.I REALLY hope you get your truck back brotha!!!

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 19, 2007, 03:20:28 PM »
Actually,I just remembered I'm a member on one of their boards so I posted it:

http://mexico.4x4survivors.org/viewtopic.php?p=11428#11428

It's all in Spanish so you might not understand some of it.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 24, 2007, 10:42:34 AM »
So,any updates? Did you find this truck,or what?.  :dunno: 

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2007, 10:48:14 AM »
its probably at a hack shop in tijuana...either that or some lucky mexican is dune jumping in baja!
Wow,I just noticed this  :shake: ...I really hope you find your truck dude and I think you're a really cool person but you should think twice before making comments like this,I cross posted this on a couple of the Baja Forums and got a couple of PMs of people who feel insulted by your comments.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

rscalmo [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2007, 12:38:36 PM »
didnt mean to insult anybody. it was a joke to make light of the situation,sorry! i just know there is a big market for stolen vehicles in tj...easy to get down there where no one will look twice at it.used to know people that knew people who did it all the time...but no word,i dont think its ever coming back to me!know anyone selling anything up there?

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 24, 2007, 12:46:07 PM »
know anyone selling anything up there?
Only my dad's but he's asking a little much in my opinion.Super clean 83 with 4 inch APs and 33s with a rear Detroit,$3500

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

rscalmo [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 24, 2007, 02:55:17 PM »
thats all he has done to it and he wants $3500?? thats what mine woulda been worth with everything i put into it!any pics??

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 24, 2007, 03:23:29 PM »
thats all he has done to it and he wants $3500?? thats what mine woulda been worth with everything i put into it!any pics??
Yup,it's pretty clean and including what he paid for it he's about $6500 into it.But that's why I said he's asking too much for it.I'll sell it for him no problem,it just wont be as easy as if he was asking about a grand less,either way he's in no hurry to sell it so if he doesen't get what he's asking he'll just hang on to it.Everyone thinks highly of their own vehicle,you mention at the beginig of this post that you turned yours into an awesome beast,I'm sorry but 33" tires don't qualify as a beast to me,just saying.That's just the way it is,people are usually partial to their rigs...Exept for me  :gap: ,I allways think my rigs are piles of junk  :yesnod: .Here's my dad's exept it doesen't have those same tires.

www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

rscalmo [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Oct 24, 2007, 04:29:36 PM »
haha your right! everyone...except you haha! your right about 33s! luckily i didnt buy the 35's yet!was waiting for christmas!!that truck is nice! looks like it was garaged the whole time!nice! cant tell if it has the high steer on it...so what kind of rubber is it sitting on now? those look like 35 bfg muds...

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Oct 24, 2007, 06:47:03 PM »
 :dunno:

Looks like it is worth $3,500 to me. At least up here I rarely see clean first gens. That thing is pretty enough for 3500
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

CrazyYota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 92
  • Male Posts: 1,073
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Oct 25, 2007, 10:46:25 AM »
:dunno:

Looks like it is worth $3,500 to me. At least up here I rarely see clean first gens. That thing is pretty enough for 3500

hell yeah that truck is beautiful! :drool:

HOPE you get your truck back i would be pissed if i got my junk stolen! and if i found out who stole it this would be me! :bash: :jail:
>Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

toyotawheeler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 98
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 01, 2007, 06:34:39 PM »
I feel for you :rivers:
'81 YOTA, 22R, 6IN, 63IN REARS, 4.7:1, LINCOLNS FRONT AND REAR, CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, BUCKET SEATS, FLAT BED , SLIDERS, 37IN  MTR'S FRONT TSL REAR, CHROMOS

'85 4RUNNER, 22RE, A/T, A/C, DD, SHES A BEAST
IF YOU HIT THE BRAKES YA F***ED