Author Topic: Can I take a 7m-ge engine and put it in an 86 toyota pickup?  (Read 1585 times)

BigMikeyC

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 6
  • Member since Jul '07
  • "Life's TOO Short,SO WHEEL MORE and CRAWL LOT'S"
    • View Profile
Without tons of modification.The engine is coming out of my old 86 1/2 Supra...I am most likely going to get this 86 toy pickup from a friend to keep my new toyota tacoma 07 looking good longer..I,ve already had it on the trail a few times and my wife heard my buddy goin on about :tantrum: ..how could I take my new truck and treat it like that ,and just how stupid I was for taking the $27,000.00 truck and ruining it like that and proceeded to ask my wife how she could let me!!! :hammer:so now I'm looking to stop the nasty glares when I want to go wheelin and crawlin by getting another truck to beat on...so,If anybody can help..it would be appreciated lot's :thumbs:...plus if anybody knows where to get a 22r engine on the cheap or a good rebuild kit for one...that could fix the problem to...then I'll just have a Supra for sale... :eyebrow:
Love a Little And Crawl ALOT...But be sure and "play" at Home to keep the WIFE happy....So you can Crawl LOT's MORE !!!!
(Every one in this country that is a legal resident should get a concealed Weapons or Handgun permit ,and carry a gun or weapon!)..That said; I give Ky CCDW courses...Protect our rights and fight for our freedoms, before they're lost to us!!                  God Bless The USA

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
yes  you can but you need  a bellhousing from the 5mge

lots of  people have done it

look up a guy on here called Suprarunner
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BigMikeyC [OP]

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 6
  • Member since Jul '07
  • "Life's TOO Short,SO WHEEL MORE and CRAWL LOT'S"
    • View Profile
Hey Big Mike,I was also wondering that if I could put the Supra engine in the truck..whether I could also put the supra's 5 speed manual trans in the pickup..because it now has a automatic...which for wheeling,I personaly do not care for....?
Love a Little And Crawl ALOT...But be sure and "play" at Home to keep the WIFE happy....So you can Crawl LOT's MORE !!!!
(Every one in this country that is a legal resident should get a concealed Weapons or Handgun permit ,and carry a gun or weapon!)..That said; I give Ky CCDW courses...Protect our rights and fight for our freedoms, before they're lost to us!!                  God Bless The USA

GrenadedToy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 49
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Maatt Daeemon
    • View Profile
if your 86 is fuel injected, it should have a w56 tranny which will bolt up to the 7m with a 5mge bell housing like glen said. it seems like this would be less of a hassle because if you ran the supra tranny, you'd have to run a divorced t-case(i could be wrong)  plus its just one less thing you have to buy if you go 7m. :gap:

GrenadedToy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 49
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Maatt Daeemon
    • View Profile