Author Topic: Ever deteriorating parts counter help  (Read 1892 times)

NT-OUTBACK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
Ever deteriorating parts counter help
« on: Jun 07, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »

I decided yesterday to see if I could find an A/C discharge hose since the old one has issues with the fittings. First stop NAPA no luck they guy spends 10 minutes with his thumb up his butt and tells me they only sell "one" hose and it should fit all areas discharge, suction I left. It was not even worth explaining to him that is was impossible for one hose "to fit all"  :mad:

Head over to AutoZone, which has now taken on the appearance of a Mc Donald's judging by the help behind the counter. They had more zits in full eruption mode than IQ points. I tell them what I need and explain where it goes. The girl call over another girl which in turn they call a guy over who finally looks up the required part and tells me he cannot get the hose from his warehouse.

Kragen well lets just say they were no better, because what the computer says must be the truth. :maddest:

What ever happened to parts houses that would break out a paper book ( Four Seasons ) and make a few calls?

I guess I'm going to the junk yard to find a hose. There is always Toyota, but their prices on parts even with a discount are more scary than my old BMW. 

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Re: Ever deteriorating parts counter help
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2007, 04:56:27 PM »
They had more zits in full eruption mode than IQ points.

Have you tried the modern replacement for customer service...the internet? Also, I never hesitate to inform the home office when I receive crappy service...yes I also call them when I get good service.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

NT-OUTBACK [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2007, 05:07:26 PM »
Have you tried the modern replacement for customer service...the internet? Also, I never hesitate to inform the home office when I receive crappy service...yes I also call them when I get good service.

Some things are not worth ordering off the internet. What should be a $35.00 hose turns into another $9.00+ shipping plus tax. And if there are any issues well guess who gets to eat the shipping again.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2007, 05:37:28 PM »
I understand...but, there are some discount dealers on the web.
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2007, 05:44:04 PM by abnormaltoy »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

emsvitil

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 7571
  • Male Posts: 3,561
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
    • emsvitil's album
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2007, 05:43:45 PM »
Find the part number on the internet, then go into the local store.............
Ed
SoCal
86 SR5 XtraCab
22RE  W56B
31x10.50R15

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2007, 07:16:52 PM »
what hose you need???  i might have it,  but then  this would be in the parts wanted  section :whistle:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2007, 08:53:19 PM »
I am sorry to hear this.  Please tell me what you drive, and I will do what I can to get you a part number.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2007, 10:18:47 PM »
What about franklin?  Get the right guy and they both know what they're talking about and will actually make a solid effort to find it.  It's usually worth paying the couple extra bucks!  If you can get to the napa in slc, talk to rick only.  He's the ONLY one worth wasting your time with.  If you get bud, ask for rick.  When he says "I can help you", say "no you can't, is rick available?". 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2007, 10:22:08 PM »
Oh yea, and I only waste my time at vatozone or kragen on stuff I don't care a lot about or hoses, etc.  If you can get to the lake blvd kragen ask for phillip.  He's a goofy kid, but he may try harder if you tell him nate said to actually look.  Be nice to him and he'll probably try harder than anybody else there.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

bigdaddypoppop

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -147
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Jun '05
  • America love it or leave it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2007, 06:31:16 PM »
You can go to csk online and find the part and order it and pick it up at your local store in just a few minutes, at least thats how it was supposed to work 3 years ago when I worked there. I say supposed to work....