Author Topic: Humbling...  (Read 1792 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Humbling...
« on: May 24, 2007, 12:34:37 PM »
I found this very humbling :usa:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Humbling...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:35:15 PM »

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 12:35:48 PM »

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 12:36:12 PM »

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 01:22:54 PM »
wow makes any probs we think we have no probs at all

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 01:34:24 PM »
:down:  :usa:  :down:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 02:01:15 PM »
very humbling.

with those that are demanding an immediate pull out, many of my friends that are over there say to either let them come home, or let them do their job instead of trying to make them be "politically correct" when their in combat. damn politicians, of all things war cannot be politically correct.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 11:54:01 PM »
Rudy Juliani gained a fair amount of respect when talking about iraq on letterman.  When dave asked him about pulling out of iraq, moreover about setting a timeline, he replied that we should never give the enemy a date, that we should be there as long as we need to complete the mission.  He also stated that the reason we were there was because of 9-11, and to my surprise the audience cheered!  Very surprising considering the generally liberal crowd both in new york and the letterman audience. 

I never thought much about people who served until all of this hubub started but have gained so much respect for those who give so selflessly to keep us free.  Whether or not you agree with the movement you should always hold high those who protect our rights and freedom  :usa:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 12:47:12 AM »
There's nothing I can say to adequately express my respect and admiration for the military personnel. Volunteers, every one, they put their lives on hold in the prime of life to answer a higher calling...to serve their fellow man. I don't believe for an instant that you can support the soldiers, seamen, airmen and marines and not support the reason they are there. Regardless of how you think the war has been managed or mismanaged...these people are the little boy or girl down the street.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 12:57:43 PM »

I should not have looked at that at work. That so brought tears to my eyes.  :bowdown:  :usa:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 01:09:03 PM »
  I should not have looked at that at work. That so brought tears to my eyes.  :bowdown:  :usa:

Mine too... and I was sure to forward it to all my coworkers.  I do have it in a PDF if anyone wants it PM me your email address. 

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 02:56:52 PM »
Very moving, and how very true :usa:

GOD BLESS THE SOLDIER, THE AIRMAN, THE MARINE, THE SAILOR  :bowdown:

:psss:  thanks FFC for emailing that :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 03:38:34 PM »
:psss:  thanks FFC for emailing that :thumbs:

Me too! Thanks, I will spread it around.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)