Author Topic: Is it possible to Graft a 2004 dash and all it's components into a 91 toya???  (Read 2061 times)

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
I am thinking of doing a minor (ya right) upgrade to the ole yoter, i wanna graft the whole inside of a 2004 toyota tacoma into my 91.... is it possible, and how much werk am i talking???

military_stang
:respect:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
I'm sure its theoretically (sp) possible, but I don't see it being worth the effort/cost.  Might as well just buy an '04 :dunno: 
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
I know, i just have never seen one done, i think it would be fun... along with the 3.4L conversion

military_stang

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
im sure once everythign is stripped out, it would be bad at all..... but if you are going for the 3.4 and the new dash, it would be a lot cheaper and easier to get a newer truck...... easy isnt always the way we want to do things, its jsut a lot more practical that way..... i would rather have a truck i could drive than it be in the garage forever...

haha, i know about this one, lol - dangit i need to get my truck running
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

dirtchicken

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -44
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
It's been done. There was a thread on Pirate recently. The guy who did the swap said it was a mother humper.

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Ya, i know it would be a mass load of work, but if i found a rolled tacoma or one that has been in a real bad accident, i can take the inside's out and put em in mine!!! i don't know, i would love to do it, i think it would be an awesome project

military_stang

genericposter

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Male Posts: 64
  • Member since Mar '05
  • r0ar
    • View Profile
I know, i just have never seen one done, i think it would be fun... along with the 3.4L conversion

military_stang

It would be easier to SAS an 04. That way your entire truck is newer. ;)
84 4Runner - 4.88s, Rear Locker, 33"s
Senior Airman USAF
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile

military_stang

It would be easier to SAS an 04. That way your entire truck is newer. ;)

HA, i know, but i don't have the money to buy a new 04, thats why i would find one that's been in an accident and take all the required pieces... i acctually just ran accross a rolled 03 taco SR5 TRD, but i was about an hour late on picking her up... only wanted 3,500 for the whole truck.... F#@K i wish i would have got it... oh well, just another dream, lol

military_stang