Author Topic: 39" BFG Krawlers  (Read 3426 times)

sgt.majorcrash

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 59
  • Member since Sep '06
  • Pleasant Hill, Ca
    • View Profile
39" BFG Krawlers
« on: Apr 06, 2007, 04:21:50 PM »
A real quick question about tires that are available to the public, Why is it that I see some rigs w/39" Krawlers when all I can find are 37". Are the 39" not sold to the public or what?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: 39" BFG Krawlers
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2007, 04:23:56 PM »
A real quick question about tires that are available to the public, Why is it that I see some rigs w/39" Krawlers when all I can find are 37". Are the 39" not sold to the public or what?
I believe the 39 inch size are competition tires (compound) don't quote me on that though. I do believe that they are available to the public in 39
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2007, 04:26:44 PM »
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/experts/articles/11222005offroad.jsp

Until now, you could only enjoy the 39/13.50R17 BFGoodrich® Krawler™ T/A®KX tire off-road. Now the massively successful rock-crawling tire carries DOT approval, meaning it can be driven on-road and off. Which inspired the suspension experts at Fabtech Motorsports in Chino, California to create a special Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited concept vehicle to explore the boundaries of on-/off-road performance.

"We built this as a platform to showcase our new Crawler suspension," says Jason Jones, manager of new product development for Fabtech. "The idea was to show off what we have developed as a fully functional, very aggressive off-road kit that is very street-friendly as well. With the new street-legal 39-inch BFGoodrich Krawlers, you have an off-road vehicle that is street-drivable, where you don't have to trailer your off-road rig to where you want to go off-roading. You can drive it there."
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2007, 04:30:13 PM »
there are red label and blue label krawlers....one is street (blue i think) and one is non-DOT (red i think) ....

again dont quote me on that
RIP KYOTA