Author Topic: 85 wiring...... what is this garbage?  (Read 611 times)

wslytoy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 308
  • Member since Aug '02
    • View Profile
85 wiring...... what is this garbage?
« on: Apr 05, 2007, 06:09:27 PM »
Sorry to create another thread... Well, this truck turns over just fine w/ the key, but for some reason this ghetto-fied ass switch was "incorperated" into the ignition. Sometimes the truck cranks just fine w/o pushing the button, but sometimes you have to hold the button to crank it. It seems to be wired into the fuse box and into the actual starter itself. The fuel pump was supposedly replaced on this truck, but they did a number on the hardlines coming out of the tank, well mainly the main sending line is kinked pretty bad. This switch sometimes seems to be turning the fuel pump on, but its not directly wired to the fuel pump wiring. B/c when you push the switch it engages the fuel pump and you can hear it buzzing. I've disabled this switch now and it'll crank on its own, but D@MN its running RICH as can be! What in the world is going on w/ this truck? Here are some pics to help out for visuals.

Ok, what you're looking at in this first 3 pics is a wire that is "spliced" into the starter. Apparently this is a ground wire b/c when touched to the positive terminal on the battery, it attempts to crank the engine.

Since I don't have a FSM and the one on this board that I found isn't working anymore... I don't know what each fuse does on this fuse box. As you can see, there are 2 red wires and a brown wire. What are these wires going to?

And for kicks and giggles, here are a few pics of my ugly 4Runner that I'm ATTEMPTING to do a 3RZ swap in....
Cleanin up the interior...

Here are some outside shots

FYI, the small gauge red wire going to the 15amp fuse is for the radio, I have figured that much out. Sorry for the huge pics  :disturbed: