Author Topic: POISON OAK  (Read 4154 times)

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
Re: POISON OAK
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2007, 06:24:51 PM »
Well, Saturday I had all I could stands and I couldn't stands no more. I ended up in the ER where they hooked up an IV and loaded me up with more Benedryl and some steroid  :ack: The Benedryl actually made me see colors and have wonderfull thoughts whilst laying on the gurney. It was quite relaxing :yawn: 
  Sunday(I woke up feeling good after a week of almost zero sleep, 3 days of missed work, 2 shots in the ass, an IV at the ER, oozing ears, underarms, ball sack, swollen eyelids and a few other problems... OH and probably a 100 bucks worth of over the counter :pokinit: which felt like it just made things worse :headshake:) things were looking up.
  Today, Monday, I felt great but was dried up with scabs, chapped lips, a crunchy sack and brown eye that needed diaper rash lotion. That Benedryl really dries things out  :o
I'm on the road to recovery  ;)
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2007, 06:28:20 PM »
Well, Saturday I had all I could stands and I couldn't stands no more. I ended up in the ER where they hooked up an IV and loaded me up with more Benedryl and some steroid  :ack: The Benedryl actually made me see colors and have wonderfull thoughts whilst laying on the gurney. It was quite relaxing :yawn: 
  Sunday(I woke up feeling good after a week of almost zero sleep, 3 days of missed work, 2 shots in the ass, an IV at the ER, oozing ears, underarms, ball sack, swollen eyelids and a few other problems... OH and probably a 100 bucks worth of over the counter :pokinit: which felt like it just made things worse :headshake:) things were looking up.
  Today, Monday, I felt great but was dried up with scabs, chapped lips, a crunchy sack and brown eye that needed diaper rash lotion. That Benedryl really dries things out  :o
I'm on the road to recovery  ;)

dang and i thought my dry winter skin was bad :therethere:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2007, 06:30:47 PM »
Man I feel  :sick: for you.  Hope you get better soon!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jan 08, 2007, 07:23:56 PM »
Glad to hear you're doing better :thumbs:

Sounds like you got a bad case
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jan 08, 2007, 10:38:24 PM »
Maaaaaaannnnnnn!  Glad you're on the upside, but it doesn't sound anywhere near easy street either!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jan 09, 2007, 09:09:45 AM »
is work going to compensate you at all seeing as this was a work related problem? 

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jan 09, 2007, 12:35:37 PM »
He must be feeling good, he's got his humor back!  The sack/brown eye were uh!  Too much!!  :haha:  We'll never look at you the same again!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

mudguts [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:46:41 PM »
is work going to compensate you at all seeing as this was a work related problem? 
They will if I persue it. I've talked to my Supervisor and we've worked out a deal. I'm gonna take one for the team on this one, for the sake of not having a time loss injury looming over me and my department. The deal I'm getting is well worth the sick days I've burned and the small amount of bonus vacation I've lost. I have a good boss  :beerchug:
He must be feeling good, he's got his humor back!  The sack/brown eye were uh!  Too much!!  :haha:  We'll never look at you the same again!
Yep, feeling better, but the under arm deodorant burns the hell out of my pits when I sweat. So I went without pitstick today and my guy who rides shotgun told me I smelled like an old onion casserole  :D
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jan 09, 2007, 09:05:50 PM »
That's good then.  I'm not the suing type or any of that unless it's really needed but if they wouldn't help you out at all or cut you some slack that would be pretty messed up.  I think in a situation like this the boss should give you the paid days off that you would have normally worked.

mudguts [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »
  Well, things were looking up for a while. The perscriptions were drying everything up, but this last week has been nothing but hard work. The sweat factor has brought the itch back with a vengence  :ack: It has been three weeks since my initial exposer and I'm going to see Doc again tomorrow  :mad: 
  Here is an ugly pic of me and my effed up rash taken today by my lil girl.

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jan 19, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »
wow man that sucks. life will be sooo good when it's gone though lol

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jan 19, 2007, 03:10:42 PM »
Yup, thats poison oak  :eek: 

Do you have it on your face too?  I had a few patches on my face one time, and I couldn't shave for weeks
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:29:37 PM »
Yup, thats poison oak  :eek: 

Do you have it on your face too?  I had a few patches on my face one time, and I couldn't shave for weeks

luckily the last time I had poison oak it was during the onset of the facial hair growth part of puberty so I didn't have to shave anyways haha.  If that happened to me now though I would be a mountain man by week 2.  It doesn't look like mudguts is too concerned with the shaving aspect though haha. 

mudguts [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jan 19, 2007, 11:09:58 PM »
 Just returned from the emergency room AGAIN!! More shots in the ass plus a fever :mad: 

Do you have it on your face too?  
Yes, and it blows a$$