Author Topic: 911 Have you forgot?  (Read 17532 times)

daguy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Christian Four Wheelers
911 Have you forgot?
« on: Dec 26, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »
Here is a video I just put together for our troops.
Guy
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8493338452138323626
My Avatar pic. is by Pat Mosley & is of my new
"On Board Spotter"
now in "K" & "Wall",,,Marts every where!

Now Step away from the MOUSE & lets go WHEELING! after you see this video!

http://media.putfile.com/Big-Brothers--Big-Sisters-4-Wheeling

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Re: 911 Have you forgot?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2006, 04:16:03 PM »
I haven't forgotten, but I don't dwell either.  I refuse to play to the American tradition of celebrating disasters, but instead choose to learn from history and move toward prosperity in the future.
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2006, 04:35:51 PM »
:clap2:  :clap2:

I think we all get caught up in our every day and forget about what is going on to keep us safer from the forces of evil. Just because we have the good life doesn't mean there isn't sacrafices being made every day by our good men and women.

This may never come to an end, but we can't back away now and turn the other way because we don't agree, it will only make things worse for our troops. They deserve much better and I for one want them to know they are appreciated.

God bless you all and good luck.  :bowdown:

I would like more people to watch the history Chanel and see where we came from and what we are about. The world is a dangerous place and we need to stay on our toes.

:usa:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

daguy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2006, 07:25:55 PM »
AMEN Willy Mammoth!
"On Board Spotter"

Ferg

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 416
  • Male Posts: 577
  • Member since May '03
  • That was EASY!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2006, 08:03:01 AM »
It's not about dwelling on the past. It's about be vigilant for our future!
Some idiots are too busy knowing it all, to ever learn anything...

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2006, 09:38:17 AM »
and remembering why we need to continue doing what we are doing.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52747

In a recent interview with CBS's "60 Minutes," House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, stated, "The jihadists (are) in Iraq. But that doesn't mean we stay there. They'll stay there as long as we're there."

WND read Pelosi's remarks to the terror leaders, who unanimously rejected her contention an American withdrawal would end the insurgency.

Islamic Jihad's Saadi, laughing, stated, "There is no chance that the resistance will stop."

He said an American withdrawal from Iraq would "prove the resistance is the most important tool and that this tool works. The victory of the Iraqi revolution will mark an important step in the history of the region and in the attitude regarding the United States."

Jihad Jaara said an American withdrawal would "mark the beginning of the collapse of this tyrant empire (America)."

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2006, 11:31:45 AM »
I don’t dwell on the attack, although it is always in my heart and in my thoughts. The sight of those people desperate enough to jump from the towers breaks my heart and fills me with rage. People, just like you and me, who’s only crime was being American…murdered at their desks without ever knowing why, without a chance at self defense.
This is a war of culture and ideology. A war where our opponent won’t stop until we have all been converted to this perversion of religion…or, all those who resist have been murdered. Our enemy has powerful allies…in our country. The appeasers in our government and our media, for the most part, fight our efforts at every turn.
We won the war in Iraq…period. We are now continuing the war on terrorism from our base in Iraq, all the while trying to help the nation of Iraq form as stable a government as is possible.   

We, as a society, don’t celebrate disasters; rather, the left and the media celebrate, venerate, then exploit, victimhood.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2006, 12:49:19 PM »
Very well said, as usual, AT. :usa:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

johnny_boy02

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 105
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2006, 03:45:39 PM »
Did you post this on every board you could find or what? NOBODY has forgot. Why are you making it your personal mission to post this everywhere?

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2006, 04:30:08 PM »
:bowdown:  AT

Leave it to you to say what needs to be said, so well.  :thumbs:

Did you post this on every board you could find or what? NOBODY has forgot. Why are you making it your personal mission to post this everywhere?
Sadly Johnnyboy, people have forgotten, and are continuing to forget.  Worse, people are trying to turn these terrible events around, blaming the US government for covert attacks against its own people.  IF this video offends you for some reason, GOOD.  IF it bothers you that much, don't click on it. 

Appropriate song lyrics in my opinion

Have You Forgotten by Darryl Worley
I hear people saying we don't need this war
I say there's some things worth fighting for
What about our freedom and this piece of ground?
We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down
They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in
Before you start preaching
Let me ask you this my friend

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

They took all the footage off my T.V.
Said it's too disturbing for you and me
It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say
If it was up to me I'd show it every day
Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right

CHORUS 1
Have you forgotten how it felt that day
To see your homeland under fire
And her people blown away?
Have you forgotten when those towers fell?
We had neighbors still inside
Going through a living hell
And we vowed to get the ones behind Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers
Who've gone away to war
And you can bet that they remember
Just what they're fighting for

CHORUS 2
Have you forgotten all the people killed?
Yes, some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field
Have you forgotten about our Pentagon?
All the loved ones that we lost
And those left to carry on
Don't you tell me not to worry 'bout Bin Laden
Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?
Have you forgotten?

Daguy  :thumbs: Thank you for creating this very moving video  :yupyup:  Awesome work, keep it up! :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2006, 04:36:52 PM »
Thank you BD your rebuttal is right on :usa:

Thank you Daguy :bowdown:
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2006, 05:55:50 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »

Where is the Mammoth?

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 27, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:05:57 PM »
In all of this, I forgot to give a  :thumbs: to daguy for a nice job!

And my thought provoking rejoinder to the (now deleted) post is lost to the ether.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #13 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:06:30 PM »
Thank you BD. I removed johnny boys post, at the same time you were posting as I didn't see yours before it was gone, because I felt it was unwarranted (it is not on every thread), but I have asked that it be restored by those that can do it.
Your rebuttal is right on :usa:

Thank you Daguy :bowdown:
i can restore it if you want but personally  i think  the recycle bin is where it belongs
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:07:04 PM »

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:09:04 PM »
i can restore it if you want but personally  i think  the recycle bin is where it belongs

Now, now...this is still America! Everyone has the right to speak. No matter how vacuous their statement. He wasn't talking dirty, showing tatas or anything.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:27:32 PM »
i suppose your right,  it took me 2 years  to get rid of the sinus infection i got  from that nightmare,

probably  didnt help my lungs either  now that i think about it

i soon decided  driving a 18wheeler  coast to coast was no longer something i wanted to do
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:35:40 PM »
i suppose your right,  it took me 2 years  to get rid of the sinus infection i got  from that nightmare,

probably  didnt help my lungs either  now that i think about it

i soon decided  driving a 18wheeler  coast to coast was no longer something i wanted to do

I guess there's a chapter in your life I didn't know about...you where involved in the clean up?

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:39:45 PM »
I guess there's a chapter in your life I didn't know about...you where involved in the clean up?
i was supposed to deliver at the  south tower,  at 6 am that morning,  but had a blowout  that put me almost 4 hours late

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »
i was supposed to deliver at the  south tower,  at 6 am that morning,  but had a blowout  that put me almost 4 hours late

Man! Does that send chills up your spine or what!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:57:34 PM »
Man! Does that send chills up your spine or what!
scared the LIVING :pokinit: outta me

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 27, 2006, 05:57:46 PM »
AT.. the post is back.. please feel free to rebut.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Dec 27, 2006, 06:02:32 PM »
scared the LIVING :pokinit: outta me
They're called guardian angels :yesnod:

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Dec 27, 2006, 06:10:39 PM »
They're called guardian angels :yesnod:
yes  they are

did you know they resently  discovered  the bodies of several people that had tried to escape the wreckage  thru the sewer drains under the towers,   they got out to the street  but couldnt get the man hole covers  off to get out  :down:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 27, 2006, 06:16:39 PM »
 :psss: I think you mean 'recently' although I am sure they resented their choice of escape.

Where is the Mammoth?

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 27, 2006, 06:22:44 PM »
:psss: I think you mean 'recently' although I am sure they resented their choice of escape.
:werd:

johnny_boy02

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 27, 2006, 06:33:26 PM »
AT.. the post is back.. please feel free to rebut.

Lol. Abuse of power much?

Rebut all you want. My post was not ment to offend anybody.

I dont think many people have forgotten about 9/11. Many people just choose to learn from the past and move on.

I was simply asking why this guy felt the urge to post this on lots of boards. I get tired of all the remember 9/11 stuff. Where are the remember Oklahoma City, Katrina etc threads? Why are the people that died in 9/11 more important than any outher tragedy?

Oh and both the Darryl Worley songs suck.

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Dec 27, 2006, 06:52:45 PM »

Lol. Abuse of power much?

Rebut all you want. My post was not ment to offend anybody.

I don't think many people have forgotten about 9/11. Many people just choose to learn from the past and move on.

I was simply asking why this guy felt the urge to post this on lots of boards. I get tired of all the remember 9/11 stuff. Where are the remember Oklahoma City, Katrina etc threads? Why are the people that died in 9/11 more important than any outher tragedy?

Oh and both the Darryl Worley songs suck.
because they where murdered,

maybe if you were there with your lungs full of burned human flesh and jetfuel smoke  it might mean something to you

OKC  was bad,  but it wasnt a pin prick compared to 911

Katrina was just a hurricane,  anything afterwards  was political

abuse of power ??    you  really need to go hide back under your rock kid

daguy [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 27, 2006, 07:07:53 PM »

My personal mission should be everybody's mission! I have been shocked to hear so many say to drop it and get on with our lives! The problem with that is we will and up with another Vietnam! A war run by poltitions! We need to remember and keep that fire in our belly's! Soon as we look the other way or try to keep out of our head, we loss! These Young Men & Women are fighting and dieing so you can post your thoughts on this site! My son could be wheeling every weekend, hitting the bars, doing all the things a 21 year old usely dose! But he chose to sign up and be a warrier!

Do you think this man needed to take that dive? What did he do to the world? What did he do to these men that flew the planes?

Sorry im rammbling now.
Guy
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2006, 07:25:27 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
"On Board Spotter"

johnny_boy02

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Dec 27, 2006, 07:08:07 PM »
because they where murdered,

maybe if you were there with your lungs full of burned human flesh and jetfuel smoke  it might mean something to you

OKC  was bad,  but it wasnt a pin prick compared to 911

Katrina was just a hurricane,  anything afterwards  was political

abuse of power ??    you  really need to go hide back under your rock kid

So because there was jet fuel and you smell burned flesh the lives lost on 9/11 were more important?

Along that line of thinking the police and firemen that lost there lives on 9/11 are more important than ones killed in the line of duty any other day?

Kid? My arnt you being cute. Like I said, I am not trying to offend anybody. I just dont think one life lost is more important than another.