Author Topic: gonepostal's build up: updated 8/24/07  (Read 15669 times)

gonepostal

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 76
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
gonepostal's build up: updated 8/24/07
« on: Nov 11, 2006, 06:36:31 PM »
here it is, my next truck in the collection.  threw my tires on and the bench out of my '92 in it for now.  more parts to come as my paycheck allows,  hopefully soon 'cause I've been into the overtime.  It still may take awhile but I hope to have it in good wheeling condition soon.  lift springs and the like going on it next weekend possibly, need a locker for the rear, extended brake lines and I'm waiting on the extended drag link.  Future plans include swaping in my '92 drivetrain(22re), rear axle, etc.  I am going to stick with my 33 inch trxus m/t's and 4.37 gear until I get longs and 36's or 37's. Most likely a good idea to step up to 4.88's or 5.29's at that point to.  Planning on doing the doubler as well, and I guess all the other stuff that's par for the course.  But you never know, I might play with it for a while with the 33's and just one day lose it and swap the 1 ton's under it.  I allready have them in the garage.  That's all for this installment of this paycheck draining hobby we call wheeling.
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2007, 07:17:51 PM by gonepostal »

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: money pit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2006, 07:16:11 PM »
Congrats, that looks like a great start!  I've always liked the first gens in blue. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

rocktoy83

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 69
  • Male Posts: 505
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2006, 07:39:52 PM »
Sweet anther 1st gen build up  :thumbs:

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2006, 07:54:23 PM »
Oh, God, don't show Glen!!!

:haha:

Loooks goood though! :thumbs:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2006, 08:04:45 PM »
Oh, God, don't show Glen!!!

:haha:

Loooks goood though! :thumbs:
no crap! it's glen's truck with a MUCH smaller bumper lol :hahaha:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2006, 07:21:38 PM »
here it is, my next truck in the collection.  threw my tires on and the bench out of my '92 in it for now.  more parts to come as my paycheck allows,  hopefully soon 'cause I've been into the overtime.  It still may take awhile but I hope to have it in good wheeling condition soon.  lift springs and the like going on it next weekend possibly, need a locker for the rear, extended brake lines and I'm waiting on the extended drag link from jared.  Future plans include swaping in my '92 drivetrain(22re), rear axle, etc.  I am going to stick with my 33 inch trxus m/t's and 4.37 gear until I get longs and 36's or 37's. Most likely a good idea to step up to 4.88's or 5.29's at that point to.  Planning on doing the doubler as well, and I guess all the other stuff that's par for the course.  But you never know, I might play with it for a while with the 33's and just one day lose it and swap the 1 ton's under it.  I allready have them in the garage.  That's all for this installment of this paycheck draining hobby we call wheeling.

Ha Ha Ha   TWINKIES!!  I like it, but ya might consider bobing the bed too. Hell lets see sum wheeling pics whith the red bob truck in the background. I love my toyota axles, but if I had 60's laying in wait, I would through my money into getting them narrowed and installed in my rig.
here is a pic of glens toy from yesterday

« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2006, 05:30:14 PM by gittinit »
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2006, 06:08:28 AM »
easy now, wheeling pics soon to come.  I plan on bobing the bed soon also, let me have some time.  As for wheeling pics of that truck in the background I will work on that.  I don't know how a 1966 Ford tandem would do crossing the ditch.  That thing is mucho heavy, but hey it least it has lost of torque.  Of course anything that has a 534 cube motor and god only knows how much gear should have plenty of stump pulling power. :thumbs:

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2006, 04:59:02 PM »
I love it. Royal Blue!
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2006, 05:26:25 PM »
easy now, wheeling pics soon to come.  I plan on bobing the bed soon also, let me have some time.  As for wheeling pics of that truck in the background I will work on that.  I don't know how a 1966 Ford tandem would do crossing the ditch.  That thing is mucho heavy, but hey it least it has lost of torque.  Of course anything that has a 534 cube motor and god only knows how much gear should have plenty of stump pulling power. :thumbs:
With a rig like that you could stack 2 toys in the bed and drag another one behind it. To bad it only gets like 3 miles to the gallon.

Do ya got any updates for us?

my favorite places:

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2006, 06:21:10 PM »
As for wheeling pics of that truck in the background I will work on that.  I don't know how a 1966 Ford tandem would do crossing the ditch.  That thing is mucho heavy, but hey it least it has lost of torque.  Of course anything that has a 534 cube motor and god only knows how much gear should have plenty of stump pulling power. :thumbs:
  i wish i had that big sucker  :drool:

i love those old gasburners  :love:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #10 on: Nov 26, 2006, 06:23:43 PM »
With a rig like that you could stack 2 toys in the bed and drag another one behind it. To bad it only gets like 3 miles to the gallon.

ok, but i want my truck on top 
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2006, 07:38:22 PM »
here you go fockers, lift is in, tires are on, blood has been shed.  5" sky's offroad front springs, used all-pro 4" rears, sky's boomerang shackles in front, revolvers outback, marlin hangers, u-bolt flip kits, unknown s.s. braided brake lines, new bushings throughout.  36" Iroks on 15x10 rockcrawlers, and that was it for friday.  more to come next week.  maybe bob the bed this week, trim the fenders, who knows.  couple quick poser shots until I find something better to ramp and make a front driveshaft. :beer:
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2006, 04:05:19 AM by gonepostal »

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2006, 07:56:16 PM »
pics?  :hammerhead:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2006, 04:03:18 AM »
 :smack:

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2007, 08:12:58 PM »
Looks like I should have called this the long ass drawn out money pit.  Up til last week I've had to drive the yota since my "daily driver" was down.  Sucks to not be able to work on it, but I'm getting back to that in a few weeks.  Now I have to save money for my trip to Phoenix to visit my buddy.  Hell, I didn't even have shocks on it while I drove it.  I used to soaking up the potholes with my back though.(read rigid motorcycles) 

I did happen to bob the bed and swap the tranny out(since it took a :pokinit: on me).   Tried to wheel it in some trail behind a friend's house and it didn't work out so well on the chunks of concrete and larger rocks.  I still don't have power steering yet, so that's one of the next upgrades. I scored a good deal on a powertank setup and
some bilsteins.

Looks like now I'm not going to run the toy motor in the future.  I'm getting a real good deal on a 4.3 chebby, so that's the way I'm going.  No looking back, I already have a th350 and a nice ratchet shifter to go in there.  Not really anything else to report, now I'm waiting on some more parts so I can get something more done.   peace out :beerchug:

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:20:09 AM »
 :thumbs: Looking good!

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2007, 04:52:09 PM »
well, I threw my Iroks back on today and decided to screw around a bit.  That stupid smittybuilt front bumper kept me from climbing up on any of the big snow piles on the farm.  I did get stuck on top of one of them but I didn't have the camera out yet, so no pic of that.  Just a couple pics on real small :pokinit:, but I gotta start somewhere.  I was actually suprised that it climbed up on the lawn roller being that I don't have any lockers.  I can't wait to throw my welded 3rd in the rear and actually take it down some trails.  You can see the better approach angle that the sky's off-road springs gave me, not bad.   That's it for now, see ya soon. :beer: :beer: :beer:

CrazyYota

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 92
  • Male Posts: 1,073
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Mar 09, 2007, 04:04:30 PM »
looks sweet with the new lift and wheels :beerchug:  and because its a first GEN! :gap:
>Chuck Norris invented black. In fact, he invented the entire spectrum of visible light. Except pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2007, 08:25:43 PM »
I know, big improvement over the 33's.  Don't get me wrong, I like the trxus m/t's for the snow/ice and street driving.  They aren't bad in mud either, but they just don't compare to those Iroks.  It looks way better with the Iroks on. :beer:

MocKKnighT

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 77
  • Member since Nov '05
  • They Make Beer Commercials Like This
    • View Profile
Re: money pit: (new pics)
« Reply #19 on: Mar 10, 2007, 12:32:58 PM »
Is it just me, or is your shackle angle FUBAR'd?  :dunno:
Wheeler: 85 4runner = Fun.....

DD: 97 Taco

STOLEN AND CHOPPED! :( 84 Pickup.......22R, Weber, Lift, Winch, Gears

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Mar 10, 2007, 01:31:54 PM »
Is it just me, or is your shackle angle FUBAR'd?  :dunno:
they look like revolver  shackles to me :headscratch:
RIP KYOTA

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mar 10, 2007, 04:13:06 PM »
What, my shackle angle isn't supposed to be like that? :yikes:  j/k, those are revolvers on the back. 

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Mar 10, 2007, 04:29:28 PM »
Couple more pics today, need to do some rear fender trimming.  Just doing this stuffed the rear tire into the seam that hangs down on the inside of the box.  After I trim it there should be lots more room for travel.  Not having power steering sucks the big one.  Here's a better side view to.

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Mar 10, 2007, 09:30:48 PM »
nice. That thing is really coming along

my favorite places:

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Apr 09, 2007, 03:19:36 PM »
finally got some new pics to tease you with.  screwing around behind my buddies dad's place and we were in water up to the rockers.  but of course the battery in the camera was still at home.  I will have pics of that soon, might as well go back through.  I picked up a used warn 8274 last weekend, and my doubler adapter should be here tonight.  I finallly pulled that piece of :pokinit: smittybuilt off and got my header on.  when were playing on some tree stumps and some rocks I got hung up and had to drop the clutch pretty hard.  of course I was holding the pedal to the floor, I ended up tearing the drivers side motor mount in half.  ha, ha,  well here are some random pics from the day after I trashed the motor mount. I also got my first body damage from getting hung up on a tree. we threw in some pics of the parts runner for laughs in the next post.

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr 09, 2007, 03:27:25 PM »
looks like I found a good rig to put that smittybuilt on.  pics of monster flex and just plain looking good.  rainy day race car :hammerhead:

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Apr 09, 2007, 03:37:57 PM »
 :rofl2:

my favorite places:

twistedtoy92

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -255
  • Male Posts: 3,781
  • Member since Dec '06
  • NFM Customs
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Apr 09, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »
HAHA!!!! thats awesome, show some more pics with the smitty mounted up on that lil geo wanna be!!! LOL!
2005 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 380 AWHP @ 24psi
1993 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=72886.msg866982#msg866982
1992 Toyota Pickup http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=49319.msg616251#msg616251
1985 4runner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60737.msg745263#msg745263

"TRIPLE CASES GETS YOU LAID." -BigMike

"I daily drive this thang everyday." (swapped89)

toyman2

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Jun '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Apr 11, 2007, 06:58:36 AM »
i think you revolver shackles ar on backwards in the rear.

nice toy i like the 1st gens

gonepostal [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Apr 22, 2007, 01:36:58 AM »
I actually got something done this past week, got my seats mocked up, winch plate made, dual cases are in (finally).  I made up a temp. rear d-shaft to drive it around until I can have some real shafts made.  I replaced both motor mounts, they were both torn in half.  I also chained the drivers side mount down.  I need to start making my own t-case crossmember though.  I will also raise the drivetrain about 2 inches.  I'm going to order my steering up next week, so I am naturally pumped.

see ya soon folks,  :beer: