Author Topic: High oil pressure problem 22re  (Read 3596 times)

MidgetMike

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 55
  • Male Posts: 668
  • Member since Sep '04
  • My 83 soon to be the sh%*
    • View Profile
High oil pressure problem 22re
« on: Oct 31, 2006, 04:07:04 PM »
I have asked before about this and researched like crazy, I have a 22re with about 40k on it and my oil pressure reads at the max at idle and if I rev the motor past 4k rpms it blows out the front main seal. all the cyclinders read between 90 and 100 which I think is low but it was a cheapo rebuilt motor so I think it is fine. any ideas as to what is wrong or where I can look besides compression and a new oil pump. I think that the pump sucked something up and pushed it into a gally just past the oil pump but i need some help.
 :headscratch:
Sounds like more tree huggin hippie bull :pokinit:

Willy Mammoth

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: High oil pressure problem 22re
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2006, 04:36:21 PM »
Was the oil pressure always high since it was put together? How much has this engine been run? I have seen main bearings put in the wrong way causing the oil to be blocked from the crank. This could cause high oil pressure, but would also cause the bearings to lock up in a short time after being run. A spun bearing will also do this too.

It is also possible the oil holes between the timing cover and block are blocked by a gasket being installed wrong. ( If I am correct about the pump being in the timing cover?)

What kind of gauge are you using? Electric or manual
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2006, 04:48:07 PM »
90-100 compression,  thats  not a rebuilt motor,  :headshake:  they saw you coming I'm afraid  :headshake:

i always  use a shotgun bore brush  on oil galleys,  you would be amazed at the crap  that comes out  even after a hot tanking

mostlikely  the crank is being starved  of oil  and  more or less your motor is slowly dieing
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

dmerc

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2006, 07:12:38 AM »
Sounds like you have excessive blow-by or inadequate engine scavenging. Is your PCV system hooked up?

MidgetMike [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 55
  • Male Posts: 668
  • Member since Sep '04
  • My 83 soon to be the sh%*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2006, 04:29:58 PM »
The oil pressure was fine until my move to CO, on the way pulling a grade in Utah the oil pressure spiked and blew out the front main seal now I cab't figure out why? I thought of  a rod bearing spinning, I have run this engine hard going past redline, mud, rocks everything but I have also exsessivley maintianed it with a valve job at about 35k because it was assembled with a shity head gasket. It has the stock sr5 oil pressure sender wich is electric, and the motor has about 40k on it

Now as for it being rebuilt I bought the truck with the engine in it, i know it was rebuilt because there is no way that a truck with 200k on it has no electrolisis in the head, oil leaks, new valve stem seals, rear main seal, new oil and water pump, almost no carbon build up a full seal kit, rebuilt carb now if I damaged it running it to hard and rich  or the fact that you didn't rebuild the right that's fine but no one seen me coming and I just want help fixing this as i have never heard of it and I can drive the truck and it runs great until 4k rpms and the seal pops.
90-100 compression,  thats  not a rebuilt motor,  :headshake:  they saw you coming I'm afraid  :headshake:

i always  use a shotgun bore brush  on oil galleys,  you would be amazed at the crap  that comes out  even after a hot tanking

mostlikely  the crank is being starved  of oil  and  more or less your motor is slowly dieing
Sounds like more tree huggin hippie bull :pokinit: