Author Topic: Anyone know of a Louver Shop in the Central Valley, CA?  (Read 1528 times)

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Anyone know of a Louver Shop in the Central Valley, CA?
« on: Aug 28, 2006, 09:55:07 AM »
Like the title says.

I have been asking local body shops and no one has been able to refer me to anyone.

Bevin and I am looking for a business or individual who has a louver machine so we can put some louvers on our hoods.

We are in Fresno but we could travel to find a shop. Does anyone know of a louver shop in Fresno? :scared:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

854RUN

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 30
  • Male Posts: 890
  • Member since Mar '06
  • 4WHEEL 4EVER
    • View Profile
 I know this is not what you asked but hear it is. http://eastwood.resultspage.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=louver  You can make them or buy them and if you are half way descent with body work your set.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2006, 11:13:43 AM by 854RUN »
1985 4RUNNER (rip) http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54940.0

1997 T100, 4.88, DUAL T-CASE, R151, lockright in the rear, Alcan springs, 37"S, Bobbed 15", 3.4L TRD Supercharger, JBL headers 
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35174.0

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimmy Hendrix

-JOSH-

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
Hot rod shops, dude.  Try So-Cal speed shop, or the like.  Ask oldskool hotrod guys where they go to have their work done.  I'd guess that California has more oldskool louver machines in the state than anywhere else, given the hot rod lifestyle that seems to originate there...

How's the truck project coming along?  I haven't heard from you in forever...did you get that package of TRD supercharger oil I sent you?

Ryan

'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Hey Mike, don't know if they're still around or not but you might look up Snow White Ltd. they're a rod shop. Also, might check B&M transmission (the local version  :gap: ) the owner had a nice deuce coup and might know some where. Might try Caps. They do powdercoating but the brothers always had some nice rods around and they might have a contact. Could try Early Classics. They are resto parts for 60s/70s vintage Chevy trucks but might have a line. If these don't work, let me know. I'm sure I'll think of some more.
"between projects"

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
Another crowd that digs the louver is the VW crowd. I had a set punched into my old decklid back in the 80s. Call your local VW shop. :twocents:

JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
I still need to get those hood vents. What did they come off of again? Like a early 90s Chrysler Turbo Lebaron or something??

mike, saw this post in the jeep half doors thread, and din't want to thread jack

Have you gone and wandered around a picknpull?  Once car that comes to mind is the camaro from the 80s.  :dunno: if they'd be too big, but its a start I guess :dunno: 

I was wandering around a pnp the other day and found several diffewrent cars with vents, you may wanna go take a look?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

- Sales Employee -

freds40

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 293
  • Male Posts: 2,331
  • Member since Dec '02
    • View Profile
Forgot about Sebring West. Central Valley Classics might be able to help. A couple of guys I knew @ Wheel Vintiques might know, the rest are for the most part sales people. Vince @ Fearless might know of someone. I remember they had a pretty sick drag car they used to tow around the outskirts of town on Friday and Saturday nights.  :yesnod: Kenny's Rod Shop in Turlock. I think you just missed the season for the Friday night cruise ins @ Caliches on Blackstone. Always some nice rods with a wealth of knowledge there.
"between projects"