Author Topic: 1/6 scale nylint mod  (Read 2866 times)

Snowrunner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 146
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Snow God
    • View Profile
1/6 scale nylint mod
« on: Jul 14, 2006, 09:33:19 PM »
Well I done know if anyone has done this before so here it goes...  I keep breaking the gears in the passager side planatary(the one not drivin by the motor), so I decided to analyze the situation and see what I could do for strength. After looking at it for a while this is what I found. They have some skinny little gears in there (the three around the sun gear) If you look at the housing it has enough teeth to actualy support a gear twice as wide as the one in there. So if you have an extra planatary around (doesnt matter which one the sun gears are all the same) take some of the extra gears and pull your planatary apart. There will be three small metal rods that hold the gears in place. Press those down through holes just a little bit, like a 32nd of an inch. This is so the little nub on the shaft moves down to accomadate two gears. Then take your extra gears and there is a little boss on both sides of the gears youll have to cut those flat. Once you do that stack the two gears together and put them back on the metal shaft put your planatary back together. So far its held up. As for other mods the only thing ive done is some fender trimming and installed some O-rings for belts(They dont slip or wear out like the regular ones do). This thing is a blast I have a spot with river rock by the park in town. It has some awsome lines to take that are super realistic. Hope this helps someone out. If its not clear and you need some more info just hit me up. Sorry I dont have a camera otherwise I would post up pics.

cougarfreak

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 176
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Cruise Moab '06 Kane Creek
    • View Profile
    • cougarfreakphoto.com
Re: 1/6 scale nylint mod
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2006, 05:54:45 PM »
What size o rings did you use??? :beerchug:
Thanks for the mod tips...  my kids and I have a blast picking lines with these crazy toys!!!! :driving: :burnout:
I don't care if you laugh with me or at me, just laugh!!!

'97 4Runner, SAS'ed, cstm cougarfreak exo n traction bar,  YJ rears military wrapped w/ waggy main in front, Chevy 63's rear, King res. shocks & air bumps, Detroit locked D60 35sp chromo rear, '81 Waggy front D44 , chromo n superjoints, 35" BFG mud KM, Marlin 2.28 dual, twinned

http://www.cougarfreakphoto.com/index.php?ShowPage=4Runner