Author Topic: Body Lift Problems  (Read 1675 times)

Doc Holiday

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
Body Lift Problems
« on: Jun 30, 2006, 09:37:31 PM »
Hello, today i started working on my truck, i trimed my fenders, took my box off, and removed 4 cab mounts, the 2 back ones and the 2 front ones, when i started on the other 2 cab mounts ( by the way my truck is a 1980 toyota shortbox pickup ) any ways when i went to take the mounts off near the gas pedal i found that my floor boards were rusted to :pokinit: and the mounts were not even connected to the body!!!, now im in a bit of a pickle, i got a 3 inch body lift, does anyone know any ideas i can do!!!!   i was thinking of taking it into a shop and let them fix my floorboards, i dont want my cab riding on just 4 lift mounts, any ideas, can i weld in some supports
Thanks dudes, man my truck looks awesome without the box and the fenders trimed, especialy on my brand new frame,

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: Body Lift Problems
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2006, 10:03:59 PM »
if your cab mounts are rotten, then yes, it would be a good idea to fix them..... if you cant do it yourself, then you will need to tkae it somewhere....

i swear, this is  like the 60th thread you've started with a question, what ever happened to jsut posting questions in your build thread?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2006, 10:05:37 PM »
i dont think we're getting thru jim :dunno:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2006, 10:06:38 PM »
and yeah, weld some plates in. it's pretty easy to do  :yesnod:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Doc Holiday [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2006, 10:28:26 PM »
Sorry guys, i've posted in my buildup thread but no one will responed ..... sorry, maby i will just not come back here!!!!!
but all in all i thank all of you for the help and advice, my truck is starting to come together, again thanks.
Peace out!!!!!!!!!!  :wave:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2006, 10:40:36 PM »
hey, i wasnt trying to be an :moon: its just that 1 out of 4 of your posts are a new thread.  :think: How long ago did you post it on your buildup thread? I'm subscribed to that thread, just hadn't seen it yet.  :therethere: not saying u shouldnt come here for help man
RIP KYOTA

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 59
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Soon to be shorter and slower :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2006, 01:50:42 AM »
dont leave!!! we love everyone!  :smooch: :beerchug:
Haha yeah anyway if you dont have the fab skillz, you should definately take it to someone who does, you wouldnt want your cab flexing all over the place.
'82 on 35's, not much else.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #7 on: Jul 01, 2006, 07:02:45 PM »
or just falling off
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way