Author Topic: I Almost Had a Heart Attack Yesterday  (Read 4877 times)

Kurlee Daddee

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 206
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Dank Daddee Krew
    • View Profile
I Almost Had a Heart Attack Yesterday
« on: Jun 17, 2006, 10:20:28 AM »
I came home from work yesterday and as I was driving into my condo complex, I looked over to glance at my Truck parked on the street before I turned up the street to my garage. But it wasn't there. My heart sank. These 80's 4x4's get stolen more than any car on the road today. And I almost shed a tear. I drove by the spot where my truck was to see if the theives threw my Club into the road, but it wasn't there.

So I drove home and called the towing company responsible for towing cars out of my condo complex. They didn't have my truck. I felt my heart sink, I got cold sweat and goose bumps.

I called the San Jose police department to report my truck being stolen. They took my information and I was almost going to hang up when the lady blurted out, " It had been towed." A feeling of joy rushed through my body. Thank floping god. I asked her if someone reported it from our condo complex but she couldn't tell me. So I had to get the info, and $300 and 2 hours of waiting later, I have my truck back.

Now time for my rant. Can't people mind their own freaking business anymore? I regard my condo complex as a nice place to live and there are a lot of people with money who live here. But what the fark gives these people the right to call and have my truck towed from a City Street parked legally. It doesn't look like a junk pile and isn't all tore up. Maybe it isn't a Benz or a BMW. But what the fark?

So now I need to permanently store my truck in the garage. I had been using this parking arrangement for months until I found a rub mark on the bumper of my SRT from someone bumping my car on the street. And I am still paying for the SRT. So it got garage time. But no longer.

The morale of the story. People need to mind their own freaking business and take control of their own lives before getting into other peoples business.
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2006, 10:29:21 AM by Kurlee Daddee »
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
2003 Subaru WRX

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: I Almost Had a Heart Attack Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2006, 10:31:04 AM »
How could they have towed your truck if it was parked legally??
Last time I heard a vehicle not being particularly attractive was not grounds for impounding!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Kurlee Daddee [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Dank Daddee Krew
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2006, 10:34:35 AM »
Last time I heard a vehicle not being particularly attractive was not grounds for impounding!
California law states that a vehicle cannot stay in the same place on the street for more than 72 hours. I will admit, I wasn't aware of this law and it was parked longer than 72 hours. But many of the cars parked on that street stay in the same place for longer periods of time than my truck. And I drive it to work at least once a week. But some snob probably called it in saying it was an eye sore or something.
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
2003 Subaru WRX

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2006, 10:51:47 AM »
California law states that a vehicle cannot stay in the same place on the street for more than 72 hours. I will admit, I wasn't aware of this law and it was parked longer than 72 hours. But many of the cars parked on that street stay in the same place for longer periods of time than my truck. And I drive it to work at least once a week. But some snob probably called it in saying it was an eye sore or something.

Since this is what I do (sorry in advance) you'd be partially correct and just so you don't make a mistake and just move it from side to side without the mileage really changing here's what you must do every 72hrs. to avoid getting towed in Cali. Not only must you move your vehicle every 72hrs but you must also have driven it at least 5 miles or you can still get towed. Just moving it only shows that it is not an abandoned vehicle so it won't get towed for 22669a or worse 22650 vc abatement. What they got you for was 22650k which is the code for the 72hr parking. Generally someone would have reported it sitting there since we are mainly reactive and not proactive.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2006, 10:59:37 AM »
:bowdown:  arkansas :bowdown:   i so :love: Arkansas,

kurlee daddy  you could park on the side of the interstate  probably longer here,  well maybe not the interstate  but dang
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2006, 11:06:02 AM »
I'd be tempted to go door to door asking if somebody finally turned in that pesky eyesore old truck, then do some dental work when you get an admission!  :grin:  Seriously, somebody owes you $300, and I'd try and have a nice, mature adult conversation with them about why they couldn't just approach you, rather than be so shifty and immature about it. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2006, 11:08:41 AM »
It's usually someone from the homeowners assoc. that doesn't think anything over 5 yrs. old belongs near their unit and they see it in front of their unit and it's blocking their view.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2006, 11:19:09 AM »
I'd be tempted to go door to door asking if somebody finally turned in that pesky eyesore old truck, then do some dental work when you get an admission!  :grin:  Seriously, somebody owes you $300, and I'd try and have a nice, mature adult conversation with them about why they couldn't just approach you, rather than be so shifty and immature about it. 
I like nate's idea. Go door to door and claim that u want to ummmmm "personally thank" the person that got rid of the eyesore that was blocking ur view. U know it's someone that lives practically right next to you :shake: That is pretty lame that they couldnt even approach u. So maybe u should approach them :moon:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »
:bowdown:  arkansas :bowdown:   i so :love: Arkansas,

kurlee daddy  you could park on the side of the interstate  probably longer here,  well maybe not the interstate  but dang
maybe where you live, but I'm sure even in AR there are high dollar neighborhoods with homeowners associations and the same thing would have happened.
We're in a 30+ year old blue collar neighborhood, we don't even have a homeowners assoc. but the :tantrum: code enforcement :moon: holes drive around and tell you you can't park a work truck in your driveway, or keep your RV in the driveway for more then 3 days.
:tantrum:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

87_Yotaman

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -134
  • Male Posts: 119
  • Member since Apr '05
  • "This is MY YOTA!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jun 17, 2006, 12:16:43 PM »
That is why i LOVE living in a small town in NC.

Now they tried to start that zoning CRAP around here and they were real surprised when it didn't even get a tenth of the votes for it.  :clap2:

But I had just went mudding in my truck, and when i go mudding in my truck it is covered from the bottom of the tires to the top of the roof mud.  :cheese: When these two men in suits driving a county Lincoln pulled up in my driveway and stopped just at the top of the driveway.  I was outside and they confronted me.  (thats a  :nonono: )

They TOLD me that they are from the county and they said that they are going around and getting people ready for the zoning of Rutherford County.  They told me that my truck could not sit there in my driveway if it was going to look like that. (thats another  :nonono: )  So naturally...I said, so are you going to wash it for me?  They, both looking very perturbed, replied No, that is something that you have to do, or you can move it out of sight of both major roads that run thru here...I said, aight let me get my keys...In the process of moving i came about yeigh close to hitting them and I parked it right in front of my house. (In extremely plain view from both roads)   I got out and they started yelling at me and cussing me (that was strike three)  I immediately got on my cell phone...They screamed at me and asked me who i was calling...So i replied...Aww, no one special just my uncle Chivous, the county commissioner...They straightened up and left right quick.

OR
  __                __
(__) l l l l l l l l (__)

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 17, 2006, 04:57:26 PM »
 :clap2: :thpst: :kickbutt:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Kurlee Daddee [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Dank Daddee Krew
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 17, 2006, 10:50:49 PM »

I wish I could, but I don't want anymore trouble. The Home Owners Association is run by a bunch of conservatives with certain opinions and ideals that are just crap. We are not allowed more than one animal. Oops, I have 3 cats. We are not supposed to change any light fixtures outside our balcony. Oops, we bought a really nice looking one and installed it. If I were to confront anyone, they would come down hard on me and I do not need anymore trouble. If only we could have afforded a single family home in the Bay Area, this kind of stuff would have never had happened. But we cannot afford a $650k or more home. So we had to buy a condo. And now we have to put up with the BS associated with it.
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
2003 Subaru WRX

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 17, 2006, 11:28:52 PM »
Oh yea, forgot where you lived......GET THE HELL OUTA THERE MAN!  I can only imagine that fewer places are more agressively regulated than the bay. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jun 17, 2006, 11:39:47 PM »

it isnt, however if they say it jsut sits there, they can tow it on the spot for improper storage of a vehicle... thats what they did to my old explorer.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jun 18, 2006, 05:12:30 AM »
We know that already, Capt'n, KD and RS already explained it all.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?action=profile;u=4582

Where is the Mammoth?

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2006, 09:39:32 AM »
Oh yea, forgot where you lived......GET THE HELL OUTA THERE MAN!  I can only imagine that fewer places are more agressively regulated than the bay. 
:thumbs:  :clap:  :yupyup:  may as well get out of CA while you're all packed up, save yourself some trouble.

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #16 on: Jun 18, 2006, 10:32:00 AM »
That is why i LOVE living in a small town in NC.

Now they tried to start that zoning CRAP around here and they were real surprised when it didn't even get a tenth of the votes for it.  :clap2:

But I had just went mudding in my truck, and when i go mudding in my truck it is covered from the bottom of the tires to the top of the roof mud.  :cheese: When these two men in suits driving a county Lincoln pulled up in my driveway and stopped just at the top of the driveway.  I was outside and they confronted me.  (thats a  :nonono: )

They TOLD me that they are from the county and they said that they are going around and getting people ready for the zoning of Rutherford County.  They told me that my truck could not sit there in my driveway if it was going to look like that. (thats another  :nonono: )  So naturally...I said, so are you going to wash it for me?  They, both looking very perturbed, replied No, that is something that you have to do, or you can move it out of sight of both major roads that run thru here...I said, aight let me get my keys...In the process of moving i came about yeigh close to hitting them and I parked it right in front of my house. (In extremely plain view from both roads)   I got out and they started yelling at me and cussing me (that was strike three)  I immediately got on my cell phone...They screamed at me and asked me who i was calling...So i replied...Aww, no one special just my uncle Chivous, the county commissioner...They straightened up and left right quick.

I was waiting for you to say you were going to call your uncle Boss Hog, and sick Sheriff Cleteous on them. :rofl:

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #17 on: Jun 19, 2006, 03:41:13 PM »
had that happen to me twice at my old high school my sophmore year (glad to be out of that h**l hole) with my old 89 suburban. granted it looked like a piece of poo because of the colors, brown middle stripe and off white top/bottom stripe (yuck!!!) but no body damage and ran great. anyways, i had to parrallel park everyday because i didnt think that 35 bucks for a parking permit was worth it since i could park just as close if not closer to the school by parrallel parking.

anyways, i'd parked by the staff parking lot and when i was walking towards the school i saw this teacher staring at my truck and getting her cell phone out, partway into 2nd period i get pulled out of class by the school security because of my truck being towed. go outside with the guard (friend of mine, real laid back) and we see a tow truck trying to pick up my suburban. when we get about 20-30 yards away we hear this LOUD BANG!!! and see my suburban fall back to the ground and the crane on the back of the tow truck snapped in two (not pretty at all).

as it turns out, with the weight of the extra skid plates on the bottom of my truck (made by previous owner out of 1/2" sheet metal) my truck weighed in at a little under 7,500 lbs and was way too much for the crane to handle. long story short, the teacher that called it in was held responsible for the wrecker, and they had to fix my tailgate/rear window (torn up by the broken crane).

do yall think she got what she deserved? i wasnt parked illegally or for a long time, she had told the wrecking company that i had been parked there for a week (how does maybe 1.5 hours become a week?)
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #18 on: Jun 20, 2006, 12:36:28 PM »
I just don't understand some people, including to tow driver. She had no business having anything towed if she's just a teacher and the tow driver should realize that she was not authorized to have it removed. Stupid greedy tow driver.

TrikeKid

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 782
  • Male Posts: 165
  • Member since Jan '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jun 27, 2006, 09:30:21 AM »
This crap is exactly why we didn't cut trees off our property when the devil-oper next door wanted to improve the view from property he was selling. without those trees, you could see right into our back yard uh, "parts storage facilities", and with BS laws around here that make it so, unless you're a junk yard you can't have an inoperative vehicle. By their definition if you meet 2 of 4-5 requirements, things like having broken windows, missing major components, inability to start or not being road legal (when they're supposed to be i.e., my truck) they can take your vehicle, off your property, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I can't stand people that won't mind their own business, my neighbor's horses get out all the time, and as long as they don't come into our property, I could care less.
85 Xtra-Cab- stuff and things.