Author Topic: hysteer lift requirements  (Read 4490 times)

badger1bear

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 43
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
hysteer lift requirements
« on: May 12, 2006, 11:05:50 PM »
Hi guys. I have been told that the minimum amount of lift need to fit a hy steer kit is 3" but does anyone know what the maximum this kit can go to?  I have 10" of spring lift and I need to know if the hysteer can cope with this

thanks simon
A five year old child could understand how to do this !!   Somebody send out for five year old child !    :usa:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: hysteer lift requirements
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 09:12:02 AM »
depends on how thick yourspring packs are,     4x4labs.com  makes custom steering arms and the tierod is behind the axle

with marlins you might need a spacer if your springs are really thick
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

badger1bear [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 12:20:27 PM »
My springpacks are 2" thick................. what is the normal or average thickness ?
A five year old child could understand how to do this !!   Somebody send out for five year old child !    :usa:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 08:13:44 PM »
My springpacks are 2" thick................. what is the normal or average thickness ?

Uh...mine are 42mm thick. Six leaves 7mm each...so that's 1.653 543 307 inches.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

badger1bear [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 12:26:01 AM »
you need to  be more precise :rofl:

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 08:02:47 PM »
that things sweet.  It should work. If it doesn't just get a drop pitman are also

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 08:03:30 PM »
great muffler positioning by the way

badger1bear [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 09:23:59 PM »
Thats the good thing about a V8, you can have noise on both sides of the truck   :gap: The mufflers are Aston Martin rear boxes with Stainless exhaust guards,  so ya dont burn ya self

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 09:39:14 PM »
you need to  be more precise :rofl:

I'll work on it!

Do you by any chance have a closer shot at the front end? Maybe the driver's side.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

badger1bear [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 09:27:51 AM »
The cross over steering on there at the moment is a piece of  :pokinit: it was already on the truck when I bought it. Thats why I want to do it the right way :gap:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 12:27:17 PM »
The cross over steering on there at the moment is a piece of  :pokinit: it was already on the truck when I bought it. Thats why I want to do it the right way :gap:

I see the problem...your steering box is on the wrong side! How do you get that to work? I don't really see why you'd have any problems getting a kit to work.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

badger1bear [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 12:41:26 PM »
I see the problem...your steering box is on the wrong side! How do you get that to work? I don't really see why you'd have any problems getting a kit to work.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe because the truck is right hand drive :eyecrazy:  I am paying $220 for shipping so I want to get this right, i cant just run it back to Sky and say bugger i messed up

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 09:57:19 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe because the truck is right hand drive :eyecrazy:  I am paying $220 for shipping so I want to get this right, i cant just run it back to Sky and say bugger i messed up

Well...if you want to be sure, drop them an e-mail and ask them. $220 is a lot to gamble, I still don't see a problem.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

badger1bear [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 09:16:57 AM »
your  right $220 is not a lot to gamble  but when the kit costs  $499 plus $220 for shipping  then thats a tad different. I am waiting for Sky to email me back to make certain exactly what is in the kit so there is no chance of buggering it up

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 02:24:48 PM »
From the last picture it looks like the tie rod will go through the middle of the spring pack.

The marlin arms are 1 3/4" high from the base to where the rod end goes.

You could use a straight edge at the base of your arms and measure up to where you would need the tie rod to be and see how much room you don't have.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

badger1bear [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 08:57:34 PM »
Thanks for that Mr Mammoth I will measure later when I get home from pimping  :gap:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 09:13:45 PM »
:smack: I'm an idiot.  My first thought when I saw those pictures was "the steering box is on the wrong side, wtf? "  and then I remembered :headshake:

Badger, what kind of wheeling do you do?  mud mostly?
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 11:49:54 PM »
If Sky's stuff won't clear check out these guys...
http://www.ottindustries.com/steering_toyota.htm
They have different heights available, that's where I bought mine.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

badger1bear [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 11:43:21 AM »
I dont think I am brave enough to take that thing anywhere near rocks :eyecrazy: She will have some mudding but that is probably about it for now. But who knows, watch this space

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 03:58:25 PM »
:eye: :eye:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

badger1bear [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 08:52:26 PM »
theres always one  :hammerhead:

fj-rankenstein

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 583
  • Member since Jan '05
  • my yard looks like toyota circa 1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 10:20:29 AM »
if you want something that is taylored to your right hand drive I would go with 4x4 labs...Luke makes lots for right hand drive vehicles and a good buddy has it on his rhd hj-61. it works increadable, there is nothing hanging in front of the axle and it uses chebby 1 ton tie rod ends with dom links...

I have both 4x4 labs for my cruiser and marlin steering for my minitruck... both are an excellent product :thumbs:
the never ending build...
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=12165.0;highlight=extend-a-toy

Was searching for something and came across this old jew. BUMP to a classic thread :thumbs:

badger1bear [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 10:40:09 AM »
Whats the web addy for 4x4 labs  ?