Author Topic: ELETRIC FUEL PUMP  (Read 2857 times)

camo89

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 308
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
ELETRIC FUEL PUMP
« on: May 10, 2006, 12:53:01 PM »
so who makes a good inexpensive eletric fuel pump my truck has the early head with out the boss for PS or fuel pump so i assume the older cilicas and p/u had an in tank pump so i guss what i am asking is what is my best cource to cure my fuel pump problems right now it has  apos purolator pump that only works on ocasion
mopar parts

krawlz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 106
  • Member since Jan '06
    • View Profile
Re: ELETRIC FUEL PUMP
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 01:35:26 PM »
I like my AC delco pump, Its got good pressure for the weber and its been go'n for about 3 years.

25115899 High Output Electric Fuel Pump
This heavy-duty 12-volt electric rotary fuel pump flows 72 gallons per hour at 6-8 psi outlet pressure. It will meet the fuel requirements for high-performance cars, RVs, and street rods.

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/perfpartsjsp/partlist.jsp?cat=9454&section=pp#6472657
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper.....So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.

Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them.

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 05:46:50 PM »
NAPA/Carter P4070 is the same as the above pump.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 05:53:39 PM »
How much does that one run?  You can get a red label holley for around $100 or less, and that should be plenty good enough for our little engines.  I run a little pump off a small generator, ones that people change out at work thinking they're bad, but I have a few I've tested to be good as spares.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 05:56:35 PM »
offhand, I can't remember.  Maybe I'll check tomorrow at work.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 06:28:17 PM »
79's  and some 80's  had the e pump in the tank

krawlz,  that pump scares me  :aaa:  sounds like it would feed a healthy bigblock

napa  here has a couple different sized pumps,  just get one with the same size fittings as your fuel lines are
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

camo89 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 308
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 06:37:17 PM »
i think i found one that should work it is adjustable form 1.5 to 8.75 pounds of pressure i got it from a guy at work its a carter off his old dirt track car
mopar parts

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 06:49:59 PM »

napa  here has a couple different sized pumps,  just get one with the same size fittings as your fuel lines are

We don't make a pump that has 1/4" fittings made on it, but you could go with a P74022, it has 1/8" pipe threads in each end, just get some 1/4barbed fittings and thread em in. 

That other pump, Glen, is super reliable, but ya gotta use a fuel pressure reg.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 07:46:21 PM »
We don't make a pump that has 1/4" fittings made on it, but you could go with a P74022, it has 1/8" pipe threads in each end, just get some 1/4barbed fittings and thread em in. 

That other pump, Glen, is super reliable, but ya gotta use a fuel pressure reg.
great, email me with a price on that one, i'll need one for my rv  i was given  :woohoo:  just gotta get it to run :eek:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

krawlz

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 106
  • Member since Jan '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 09:20:15 PM »
Yeah, one of the tech's at work told to run that pump, and your right they do run it big blocks and such. I thought he was crazy, but he said it was a great pump, and it has been. Iv had no problems. Just cous it can pump that much fuel doesn't mean it will.

It probably is a Little overkill, and runs about $120
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper.....So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.

Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 12:54:50 AM »
Recognise the black pumps duffil?  We got em from napa, and they didn't work well for us.  I think they're more of a pusher than a puller, and for our application they just didn't last.  The red ones are stock, and a lot of them didn't last long either, but some got changed out prematurely cause the guys didn't know what the problem was.  Now we use the holley red labels and have only lost one, and that was only cause the morons didn't realise there was probably a good reason the fuse blew, and just used a bigger gauge wire till the pump gave out.  The holley doesn't care where you put it either, they just flat get it!

Oh yea, this isn't even all my stash!  I keep 2 or 3 in the truck at all times!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 02:12:37 PM »
Recognise the black pumps duffil?  We got em from napa, and they didn't work well for us.  I think they're more of a pusher than a puller, and for our application they just didn't last.

yep, that's a 610-1051.  They are junk.  That carter is the P74022, if it's a 12v unit.

great, email me with a price on that one, i'll need one for my rv  i was given  :woohoo:  just gotta get it to run :eek:

will do.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 10:25:50 PM »
We had trouble with the carters also, but still have some from 3 or more years ago.  One problem we have to work with is old napa fuel line (sorry) that has cracked really bad and leaked, some after just a few months of use!  Air leaks will kill a pump pretty fast too, or fool a fool into changing a pump prematurely.
RIP KYOTA

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 10:31:49 PM »
no prob, I've run into that as well, the hose is Gates, but sometimes it doesn't hold up. That's why I only use the Weatherhead stuff :gap: