We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: MARLIN CRAWLER 470 Gear set Give-A-Way!!!!!  (Read 19573 times)

yotadork83

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 18
  • Male Posts: 705
  • Member since Mar '06
  • ninja turtules rule!!
    • View Profile
Re: MARLIN CRAWLER 470 Gear set Give-A-Way!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Apr 15, 2006, 08:12:38 PM »
im sure you will here it plenty of times but i would love to win thoes gears. Ever sense i bought my first toy at the age of 14 i have wanted to rock crawl. i am building my second toy from the ground up, it was probably a bad idea because now i am broke as hell and working my ass off to try and finish it, as well as attending colledge, and practicing for SkillsUSA VICA. i just busted my ass to win a gold medal in a state wide colledge level maching competion, and if i want to compete at nationals i have to raise over a thousand dollars in one week just to go which means the truck just gets to rot in the yard for a couple more months. i don't need a pitty party paraide but these gears would sure put a smile on my face.
83 toyota shortbed, 90 rear axle, 5.29's f/r, spools f/r, 22/20 hybrid w/propane, 37 mtrs. dual transfer cases. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22712.0
yotas 4 life homie!

Rockdiver

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -118
  • Male Posts: 671
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Apr 16, 2006, 12:31:21 PM »
Hey Guys I need slow gers for all the added weight on my rig . 

Nothingface5384

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 434
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Dun! Dun!! Dun!!!
    • View Profile
    • CarDomain
« Reply #32 on: Apr 16, 2006, 03:54:34 PM »
     I would need them because i've been wanting to get into the offroad scence, now that i actually have a truck its just been about anticipation. I'm not able to afford them at the moment because i just recently put a good chunk of change into the rig so it may pass inspection and the little $ i have left i'm trying to save to finish up my 72 skylark

ps. also need them because i got the 2.4 w/ auto!
i love your sig your down to a half of a maverick

73 Maverick(jointly owned w/ lil bro)
64 LeSabre(sold)
82 RX7 (scrapped)
92 Toyota p/u 4x4 (dead) resurrecting underway
72 Skylark (dead) resurrecting underway
87 Grand AM (junked)
79 Regal (sold)
90 Geo Prizm (R.I.P)

Evilwhitey

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Apr 17, 2006, 01:23:05 PM »
Sweet
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006, 01:55:08 PM by Evilwhitey »

Evilwhitey

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Apr 17, 2006, 01:23:45 PM »
I need t-case gears because after buying my old truck back from my brother I won't have any $$ to put towards gears and it's a pain in the arse to wheel with stock t-case gears. Plus I'll make sure to send everyone to marlin for their toyota stuff (I already do that anyway). Thanks for the opportunity!
« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006, 01:55:19 PM by Evilwhitey »

seanO

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Apr 17, 2006, 01:37:53 PM »
He's not buying the blue beast back, he's delusional if he thinks I'm selling it to him! I could use the gears for my baby though. It's an 85' extra cab, EFI, 5spd, 5.29's, detroits, etc... (when I get the $$$ stronger birfields + dual cases). 35" bfg's 2.5 bs cheepo rims and about three inches of total lift. Just like my bro said above, I could really use the gears, nobody like the smell of my clutch melting away. And once again, I'M NOT SELLING YOU THE TRUCK BACK!   :greengrin: Thanks for the giveaway!!!

Evilwhitey

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Apr 17, 2006, 01:48:44 PM »
Fine, I'll post pics of my junk... I still want that truck back sean!  :greengrin:  Stock with an aussie in the rear and 33's. Looking to do a sas sometime soon (when I get the $$). I could really use really use a doubler more then gears though, since I just (last week) ordered a 4.7:1 case from you guys. Did I mention I'm a sophmore in College in a town were $7 an hour is considered making big money?  :greengrin: Thanks again for the opportunity!
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2006, 11:43:06 AM by Evilwhitey »

cancel

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Apr 17, 2006, 03:14:52 PM »

i'm in need b/c sloooooowwwwww is freakin' awesome. i'm also saving up (hard when you're in college) for a coupler and 4.7 is kinda outta reach right now.

lemme clarify something. i just SAS'd it w/ the Marlin kit and i popped a head gasket about a week or so after that :rivers:. the head's on hold til finals are done. i didn't have any action pics, because i'm never took my camera wheelin w/ me. Props to the 5" betts springs tho, they flex like mad  :biggthumpup:
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2006, 01:47:53 PM by cancel »

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Apr 17, 2006, 03:30:14 PM »
:woohoo: something else I don't stand a chance of winning.HAHA anyways who know's  :crossed: there's always hope.
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,058
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Apr 17, 2006, 04:39:28 PM »
I already have a 4.70 gear set and  :love:

How is the winner being chosen?  Is it a drawing or does Marlin get to pick the worthy person?

Personally, I would like to see the gears go to someone that is wheeling the snot out of their mostly stock rig with a single stock case and is also on a tight budget.  Try to give it to someone that will benefit the most from it.  I think that 4.70 gears are the 1st mod that I would recommend to someone looking to build based on my experience.

If you looking for a second set for a second truck  :shake_head:

If you already have a dual setup  :shake_head:

If you are already planning to dump a bunch of  :twocents: into a buggy  :shake_head:

If you already have a set of 4.70 gears (like me)  :shake_head:

How about someone in Canada that could provide advertisement in a new market  :biggthumpup:

1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

yota-tota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 17
  • Male Posts: 232
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Apr 17, 2006, 05:28:46 PM »
i need them for my bone stock IFS (till hysteer gets here) pickup so my 4 popper can pop along nicely on the trail with the new IROKS and 4.10's  :driving: :yupyup:

Plus i'm in Canada and shipping would be a looot :help:
91 toy truggy on h2 injection, hacked n chopped n locked n SAS'd rolling 36" IROKS........doubler comming soon

yota-tota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 17
  • Male Posts: 232
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling over Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Apr 17, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »

How is the winner being chosen?  Is it a drawing or does Marlin get to pick the worthy person?

Personally, I would like to see the gears go to someone that is wheeling the snot out of their mostly stock rig with a single stock case and is also on a tight budget.  Try to give it to someone that will benefit the most from it.  I think that 4.70 gears are the 1st mod that I would recommend to someone looking to build based on my experience.

If you are already planning to dump a bunch of  :twocents: into a buggy  :shake_head:

How about someone in Canada that could provide advertisement in a new market  :biggthumpup:

Fits my rig to a T  :biggthumpup: :biggthumpup: :biggthumpup:
91 toy truggy on h2 injection, hacked n chopped n locked n SAS'd rolling 36" IROKS........doubler comming soon

Tonka 1

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Apr 17, 2006, 06:28:50 PM »
:usa: Here are a couple of pics from calico since I put on 4 inch marlin spring and stuffed 37's under it. Now gears need to be looower!!. After suspension work budget says gears will have to wait, but wait giv-a-way we will see.Thanks for the chance.

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006, 09:27:58 PM by Tonka 1 »

MR_DIY

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -40
  • Male Posts: 595
  • Member since Sep '05
  • this is why I'm web wheelin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Apr 17, 2006, 06:56:46 PM »
well, I first want to applaud the giveaway and all that marlin and his employees have done for the sport.

I need 4.7 gears for my rear case because I suck at driving and it'll make me not as bad.  plus with my new found driving abilities I could get more folks to see my Marlin Sticker (soon to be stickers) on the rig.  :thumbs:

I love going slow and I love Marlin... here's my junk about 2 weeks ago
my truck picking on my OTHER truck at work  8)
I'm going yota JUST so I can buy from Marlin more.

*quote*-  goes to show that a ramp hero doesn't always have what it takes to be a trail hero as well.

TatonkaII

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Apr 17, 2006, 07:46:48 PM »
-my other post didnt make it somehow, so if it shows up-sorry for double post-

This is an awesome give-away, sweet Marlin and gang.

I would love to win this gears as I am in the market for a used set up now-this would save the hassle of modifying d-lines.. nice plus.  Also, my project truck (hopefully seen below) has been a challenge.  ive had it for two years come this august.  Anyways-I finally got it running this past winter by a slow rebuild and she runs strong!!  Since Ive owned it Ive been buying parts-springs, steering parts, PS parts, lines, recovery stuff, and tube for an exo, and anything I could get my hands on when money was available.

The main reason I would love to be honored with this is that I am graduating from college this May and have 3 weeks to finish my build and then I am off to Tn and NC for another three weeks of WELL deserved wheeling and camping-this would make the memories that much better, after that its life-working like the rest of you guys but not as fun

thanks-YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2006, 07:56:58 PM by TatonkaII »

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Apr 17, 2006, 08:54:49 PM »

I like that idea, :beerchug: but if it's just a name out of a hat type thing then anyone should be able to win. Though I think I would give them away to someone that does need, them should I win. :thumbs:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

MarkyB

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 80
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Apr 17, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »
 :drooling:

This would be an exelent start to my 4-Runner build up.  It is currently stock on 31s.  Certainly would make it easier to buy those bigger tires.  (I really need'em :eyebrow:)  Thanks for the opportunity to participate. :bowdown:

la bomba

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -47
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Apr 18, 2006, 01:04:09 AM »

Honestly, I don't need 4.7's, but I will admit that I would thoroughly enjoy them.  I'm running with a single t-case (like so many of us) and contemplated the crawl box with 4.7's,  but realized this would be out of my range for some time.  I've only got 33's and a weak 4" lift (plus 2" body), but I like it that way.  Other people have double digit lifts and tires that dwarf mine, but I enjoy being the little guy.

Gears would allow me to continue being that little guy, but still have an edge over the others.

That and as an added bonus I'm only 6 minutes from the shop, you don't have to pay for shipping, I'll pick it up!

And hey, even if I don't win,  :turtle: still rules.  I've already gotten a clutch from you guys and have a list a page long of other things I'll eventually get.

Crawford_The_Newbie

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -8
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Apr 18, 2006, 05:11:06 AM »
 :thumbs:Nice Promo, I am just getting started with my rig, found a t-case on e-bay for $100 so I am getting ready to order all my stuff and spend a month of weekends in the driveway :hammerhead: Thanks for all the help from the forums, Have a great day :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,058
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Apr 18, 2006, 07:00:56 AM »
I've only got 33's and a weak 4" lift (plus 2" body), but I like it that way.  Other people have double digit lifts and tires that dwarf mine, but I enjoy being the little guy.

Nothing wrong with being the little guy  :biggthumpup:

My rig has a 4-6" suspension lift and 33 inch tires and performs extremely well.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

Bender

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 44
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Apr 18, 2006, 07:45:58 AM »
Wow...count me in.  I really appreciate the opportunity.  I've been saving for the gears for a while.  Unfortunately other stuff keeps coming up.  I just rebuilt the front end so that set me back.  Then the starter died.  Then the master cylinder started leaking.  Then I put on a skid plate.  Next on the list...either rear springs or the gears!  My transfer case has started howling whem I'm in 4wd so I think a rebuild is long overdue!   Thanks for the chance.  Here's my truck.

« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2006, 08:03:23 AM by Bender »

toys4life

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I Love My Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Apr 18, 2006, 11:32:52 AM »
I just bought two cases from you guys. I was a little short for the 4.7s

Here is my trucks current state....(front springs are your 4"s)

TiTRD

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Apr 18, 2006, 11:54:27 AM »
I just installed your dual stock cases, this would be a nice addition to complete my rig.

It currently looks like this:

Intrepidyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 33
  • Member since Feb '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
    • Northeast Toyota Crawlers
« Reply #53 on: Apr 18, 2006, 12:02:31 PM »
I sold the mods off my '98 Tacoma to buy this 1985 4Runner. I am currently trying to save up to buy a house so this truck is getting a budget build. At the moment it is on a 1" body lift, BFG AT's, Foxfab sliders, and has a Lockrite in the rear which facilitates my wheeling the christ out of it constantly while I attempt to put aside money for mods...is it bad to have to make repairs and remove dents before you have installed any mods?  :hammerhead:  These gears would greatly improve my crawling ability (obviously) and would put me one step closer to the built rig I will eventually have! I need 4.7's because I am never happy with the terrain I am on and my truck is not happy with the terrain I keep bringing it on! My truck will thank you after multiple trips to Paragon this year, running high blues on 31's isn't easy on the vehicle! They will be used constantly and used hard if I get them! Heres hoping that even if I don't win them, some other guy who is low on funds and loves to wheel will!  :thumbs:

Northeast Toyota Crawlers

Cashed

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 54
  • Male Posts: 2
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Apr 18, 2006, 02:57:16 PM »
I already have dual cases, and I plan on buying the gear set for the rear. But if I won, i could spend that money on something else for the truck. Thanks for the chance.
'85 Xtra cab

1Bad4Runner

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 609
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Apr 18, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »
I'd love to have a set of 4.7's for my Yota.

I have a 89 4Runner with a 3.0, 5.29's, locked front and rear with 37" MT/R's. I don't have a set of 4.7's because of shipping and school has me flat broke so I cannot upgrade my truck at all.

Heres a couple of pics!

89' 4Runner || Everythings Gone!! for now.
97' 4Runner, 2.7, Auto - Daily Driver

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Apr 18, 2006, 04:42:06 PM »
I would love a set of those gears :yupyup:  I've already beat the snot out of my IFS, and I just recently aquired duals from you fine people at marlin :thumbs:  :bowdown:  If I getthose gears, I won't even have to pull the t-cases out of my truck, because they're sitting next to me right now!!  This way I could really put the MC10 to the test :yesnod:

:psss: my truck is black now :smack:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

la bomba

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -47
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Apr 18, 2006, 08:38:02 PM »
I just installed your dual stock cases, this would be a nice addition to complete my rig.

No offense, I don't mean to sound mean and if it is taken that way I apologize, but no rig is ever "completed."  There will always be something, small or big, that you want done.  You may reach a temporary plateau, but no rig is ever done.

Again, no offense meant.

TiTRD

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Apr 19, 2006, 08:04:52 AM »
No offense, I don't mean to sound mean and if it is taken that way I apologize, but no rig is ever "completed."  There will always be something, small or big, that you want done.  You may reach a temporary plateau, but no rig is ever done.

Again, no offense meant.

I left out "further"...further complete my rig, wrote too fast haha

shiftless89

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -277
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Apr 19, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
hmmmm why do I need these? so I can keep from disapointing my little girl when I can't make it up a hill

and so it will stop being a mall queen and posing for pictures like this

and start doing more of this
Isn't Colorado that cute little state park in north Texas?