Author Topic: Christian Churches Celebrate Charles Darwin's Birthday  (Read 2616 times)

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Christian Churches Celebrate Charles Darwin's Birthday
« on: Mar 30, 2006, 07:27:55 PM »
http://www.christianpost.com/article/education/1104/section/churches.mark.evolution.sunday.on.darwins.birthday.amid.debate/1.htm

Read the artical on the link above and do a little internet research if you find it interesting.

It amazes me to see Christian churches accepting evolution theory as fact.  Biblical Christians by definition believe in creation and a Creator.  There are few things in the world that undermine the Bible and Christianity more than evolution theory.

If you have had the opportunity to read the book Trip Into The Supernatural by Roger Morneau this may be a bit more interesting to you.

:psss: Are you listening Blackdog?

Note: Please understand that my intent isn't to start a debate on Creation vs. Evolution.  Creation believing Christians celebrating Charles Darwins birthday is worthy to be included in Yahoo Odd News.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
You may have a slight memory of my views on religion, but you can only ignore solid facts for so long.  That is all class.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
You may have a slight memory of my views on religion, but you can only ignore solid facts for so long.  That is all class.

This isn't really about Christian beliefs being right or wrong, but it seems that this could be comparable to a bunch of Jews celebrating Hitler's birthday.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
Except for the fact that Darwin didn't order his soldiers to send millions of Christians to concentration camps to be slaves and murdered.

There are a lot of very scientific christians so it was only a matter of time before fact had actual input in faith.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Except for the fact that Darwin didn't order his soldiers to send millions of Christians to concentration camps to be slaves and murdered.

There are a lot of very scientific christians so it was only a matter of time before fact had actual input in faith.

It isn't possible to believe Darwin's theory of evolution and still believe in creation.  If you don't believe in creation then you can't believe in the biblical account of the Bible and if the Bible isn't true then Christianity is false.

There is just a huge logical disconnect with this whole story.

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
It isn't possible to believe Darwin's theory of evolution and still believe in creation.  If you don't believe in creation then you can't believe in the biblical account of the Bible and if the Bible isn't true then Christianity is false.

There is just a huge logical disconnect with this whole story.
Couldn't it be possible that God chose to "Create" everything by a series of evolutionary steps over time?  After all he is a big God and we could not possibly begin to wrap our puny little minds around his thought process.  But then again that would make it Gods theory of Evolution (through creation) and not Darwins! :dunno:

Like you said bd not starting a debate just throwing out ideas.  :gap:   but it does seem odd that they would selebrate it.

Not even going to touch the Hitler thing   :lipsrsealed:   
I like to Drive!

donkeykong

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -159
  • Member since Jun '03
  • My truck and a nice trail...that's all I need
    • View Profile
God creates the heavans and the earth...so he would have also had to create tha laws that govern them including gravity friction inertia and so forth.  I am a very firm believer in creation, but I also have belief in a very basic "natural selection" and "product of enviroment".  I do not believe that at one point we started as apes. 

Example, Darwin discovered iguanas that swim, but iguanas dont swim....they believe the iguanas got to the islands on trader ships and then got stranded.  Die of starvation or go in the water to catch that thing that is moving....the ones that went swimming lived they ones that didnt or just couldnt get the hang of it died.  THe ones that swam mated and there offspring watched them swim so they started swimming so on and so forth...Natural selection.  Now those same iguanas have not developed gills or any other radical evolving.  My beliefs...I am not trying to say I am right and others are wrong, I am just stating what I believe

blackdiamond [OP]

• Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
God creates the heavans and the earth...so he would have also had to create tha laws that govern them including gravity friction inertia and so forth.  I am a very firm believer in creation, but I also have belief in a very basic "natural selection" and "product of enviroment".  I do not believe that at one point we started as apes. 

What you are talking about is adaptation, there is also there is a huge difference between microevolution and macroevolution.

Couldn't it be possible that God chose to "Create" everything by a series of evolutionary steps over time?  After all he is a big God and we could not possibly begin to wrap our puny little minds around his thought process. 

Technically it could be possible, but in the Bible the book of Genesis gives an account of creation.  If the Bible is true then Darwin's theory is false.

4xtoy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 151
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
Christians celebrating darwin :laugh: Now thats the best oxymoron I've ever heard.
I hope everyone knows that there is a difference between simple evolution (adaptation) and darwins "theory"
All I can say is BANG :ha_ha: I always knew my Christian brothers behave like a bunch of monkeys  :moon: Ok I'll stop.

chim

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1302
  • Male Posts: 1,258
  • Member since Apr '05
  • www.infowars.com
    • View Profile
I think one of the biggest problems out there are people calling themselves "Christians" and acting contrary to Christian beliefs, and there are even those that use classic orthodox christian terms, but apply totally different meanings to them. I see these sort of things everyday! Knowing someone christian, even having christian parents or even admiting the existance of Jesus Christ doesnt mean you are "Christian".

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
Wow. Hey, you know what? The worlds gonna end soon enough. All it's gonna take is more of this stuff happening, churches ridiculously accepting the belief of evolution, the marriage of church and state, forcing everyone to go to church or to believe a certain thing in a certain way, etc, and that'll be about it. Many will be forced out of their homes and many will die for their faith. The past repeats itself again..

"But that the Darwinists are hypocrites for claiming that opposition to Darwinism is merely faith-based, and then turning around and trying to make the case that Darwinism itself is faith-based."

That's the best thing I've read all day.
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

KDC

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 153
  • Male Posts: 180
  • Member since May '05
  • Axle Breaking Goodness
    • View Profile
On another forum I belong to, they are discussing the same thing.

Check it out if you want:
http://www.sphereofhiphop.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=20230

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
:headshake:

That's about all I can do.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent