Author Topic: :::NEW::: QUESTION ABOUT WIDENING FRON... !!please respond asap!!  (Read 3117 times)

SQUIRREL MONSTER

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 151
  • Male Posts: 657
  • Member since Jul '05
  • squirrel powered by hampsterous oxide!
    • View Profile
just wanna run it by you guysand get your take on it. its made by sky manufacturing. they are from what i see spacers for the front end that mount to the actual rear of the wheel plate instead of the wheel. is this any diffrent from a regular old wheel spacer? are these safe for a DD if anything? :headscratch:  whats your opinion?  :dunno:
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2006, 08:29:11 PM by SQUIRREL MONSTER »

Loosekannon

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Male Posts: 1,301
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SoCal--ROCKBRAWLERS--
    • View Profile
Re: QUESTION ABOUT WIDENING FRONT AXLE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2006, 04:13:08 AM »
That kit is for using IFS hub body.  http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173918   Down on the 5th post half way down is a write up about that.

SQUIRREL MONSTER [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2006, 05:14:14 AM »
sweet thanks! i was looking for that write up......... i knew i had seen it somewhere. now i didnt see how clear it was wether this will allow me to use my current hub bodies and brakes with this spacer. ill need to read through it and take a closer look i guess.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2006, 10:05:15 AM »
just wanna run it by you guysand get your take on it. its made by sky manufacturing. they are from what i see spacers for the front end that mount to the actual rear of the wheel plate instead of the wheel. is this any diffrent from a regular old wheel spacer? are these safe for a DD if anything? :headscratch:  whats your opinion?  :dunno:
yea it looks like thats the adapter you need to use solid axle spindles and rotors with ifs hubs
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

SQUIRREL MONSTER [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2006, 07:59:28 PM »
thing is could i use it just widen the front end WHILE i get the IFS parts with no problem? i looked into it and it seems to be a good solid install so i dont think it'd be a hazzard to my DD.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2006, 05:35:09 PM »
i think the bearing offset on the solid axle hubs and the ifs hubs is different,  thats why they make the spacer to run the ifs hub on the solidaxle spindle
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

5spd

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -66
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:00:21 PM »
I run Skys kit on my 85 4runner. I have had it one for 3 years now with no problems whatsoever. I also have upgraded to vented rotors and IFS calipers. You do need the IFS axel hubs as the mounting surface is further outboard then the non IFS axel hub.  All the wheel bearings and bearing seals are the same as your solid axel hub, so its pretty simple overall. Oh and no the kit wont work with the SA axel hubs while you look for IFS axel hubs.
I like this kit over regular spacers as I wanted my rims to the actual hub face than a spacer then hub.
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2006, 06:05:20 PM by 5spd »

SQUIRREL MONSTER [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:06:57 PM »
ah ok, thats what i wanted to know..... so now my question is....... what exact parts do i need from the IFS hub? is it everything from the rotor out? or what? i dont quite remember how everything goes in there. if you guys can point me twards what i need id appreciate it.

upgrading to the V6 calipers and vented rotors would i still need to mount the caliper on the other side of the mounts like ive seen on everyone else's rigs? or does this kit remove the need to do that as well?

SQUIRREL MONSTER [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2006, 12:16:18 AM »
sorry fer all the questions (i like to get stuff done right the first time) but, whats the diffrence between the hubs as far as length or offset from the rotor?

SQUIRREL MONSTER [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
hey guys, i just got a possible hook up on a set of front IFS hubs complete with V6 calipers, and vented rotors. is there anything else i would need to widen my front axle? or what EXACTLY do i need to accomplish my width match to my 86 rear end?

do you guys think all i mentioned is worth 100 bux out the door?

89 toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1198
  • Male Posts: 383
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
ifs hub bodies +1990 fj80 vented rotors + v6 calipers + widening kit. u need the wheel seal from a straight axle hub the opening on the one from the ifs is too big the brgs are all the same. you need the 1" bore master cyl. also.
89 ext cab sas with diamond +4 1/2" housing 30 spline longs and hub gears, hp elocker, six studs, arp studs in everything, taco rear with elocker. swaped out 22re for 3.4l supercharged, urd 2.0" pulley, urd fuel management, downey headers, flowmaster, cold air intake, marlin clutch that is straining to hold up