Author Topic: 2 New Trails at Johnson Valley (With New And Improved Pictures)  (Read 11144 times)

TurtleTruck

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 43
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawling Slooo thanks to Marlin
    • View Profile
    • TurtleTruck.com
well its been three years or so, so its possible that tracks could not be there anyu longer, in fact, judging by the winds there, i doubt tracks would last more than a few months, but i coluld be wrongit looks as though the location is to the left of the jackhammer and sledge hammer trails a few hundred yard and up that ravine... but i could be wrong

That sounds like Big Johnson...  our new trails are miles west of there...  not even in the same neighborhood.

It is not just lack of tracks, it is no stacked rocks, no displaced rocks, big healthy bushes in the path, obviously a virgin canyon.  We had to winch some big rocks around to even be able to make that off camber squeeze.
Mark Matthews
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost...
1984 4Runner with lots of stuff
1986 Pickup with 4.3L Vortec and lots of stuff
Specs and Pics Here

chvyhs

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Oct '05
  • I always have enough wheelbase
    • View Profile
    • The SoCal Big Dawgs
That waterfall entrance to Crowbar is really slick. I don't think anything but a comp buggy stands a chance of making it up that without a winch. I have tried that waterfall numerous times now, and been denied each time. I switched out my 39.5 IROKS in favor of some 39" Red label Krawlers just for that obstacle - yeah, that's right I spent major bucks just to try and make that darn thing. The Krawlers performed a little better but I was still no where near making it up. I can't wait to see the Tin Benders and others take a whack at this obstacle. Maybe someone can tame it and name it!

We're going to try it. Just set the date! You could almost charge admission for this one!

Rocksurfer [OP]

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
We're going to try it. Just set the date! You could almost charge admission for this one!

It will be interesting to see one of the BigDawgs on the Waterfall, wheelbase may win on it. I'd have given it a try if I was locked. I've go the wb but may not have the hp. Beyond that point you may bend a few things in the tight spots.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

chvyhs

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 17
  • Member since Oct '05
  • I always have enough wheelbase
    • View Profile
    • The SoCal Big Dawgs
If we don't have the HP we definately have the gear reduction. :disturbed: